CH. 2 – Quirk
98 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I got bored from playing with the numerous Lego bricks a week after the heist. I put the last piece of Lego on the one-to-five replica of a T. rex.

I could reality bend to instantly have a Lego T. rex, but where's the fun in that? I did, however, slow down time to not take up a lot of my time from the real world.

I had decided on what my official "quirk" would be. It'll be as OP as reality-bending, but it'll have its limits. Don't want to get the wrong kind of attention from the wrong kind of people just yet.

I told my pets of a parent that I'd gotten a quirk and to go see a quirk doctor. They're reacting like I never showed my "quirk" before. Well, they have, but I erased everyone's memory of me using my powers.

My parents called their family doctor to their mansion and informed him that their son got a quirk with as much excitement as they could muster.

The doctor came, and with the greeting out of the way, they went to the thankfully rarely-used medical room. The med room has a condensed MRI machine, defibrillator, anesthesia machine, patient monitors, ventilators, ECGs, ultrasounds, robotic surgical machines, and sterilizers. The medical room was the second-biggest room in their mansion, second only to the ballroom.

I sat on the hospital bed as the doctor heard my heartbeat over his stethoscope and did his routine monthly checkups. "You're as healthy as when you were born, Hiroyuki," said the doctor.

Yep, that's my name, Hiroyuki. Hiroyuki Shi. Shi is my family name. Extensive Death… seeing as I'll cause countless deaths, kinda fitting. I did choose them after all.

"I scared the sickness away, Doc," I said.

The doctor chuckled. "Want to show me your new quirk?"

I faked my excitement and spouted, "It's awesome Doc! I wanted a melon soda and–and there's bubble from my hands and–" I clasp my hand then separate them. "Poof! I got a soda! Isn't that awesome!"

"Of course! Can you show me how you did it?" asked the doctor.

I pretended to think hard about what I did. I put my palm up and say at the top of my lungs, "I WANT SQUISHY HAMSTER TOY!" then I bend the reality to conjure a violet bubble along with a foomp sound effect a centimeter above my palm. The inside of the bubble stirred to create the toy that I wanted, an orange hamster squish toy. After the toy manifested, the bubble popped.

The doctor and my pets were so amazed at my show of "quirk" that they didn't say anything for a minute.

They recover from their stupor when I throw the toy at the furthest wall. I created a bubble on my palm and a bubble that engulfed the toy. The toy teleported to the bubble on my palm, while the other one popped.

"Materialization! Teleportation! What else can you do?" asked the doctor with his eyes shining.

I contemplate what I should show next. Another creation? Destruction? Healing? Barrier? There are a lot of options, but I chose the one that'll scare the doctor the most: the complete and utter annihilation of a being.

My palm faces the maid who's helping the doctor. A bubble formed around her, and she took a step back from the center. She couldn't escape it, though. The bubble is solid, unlike a soap bubble.

The bubble ripped her apart, quark by quark until there was nothing left of her. Her scream is a melody to my ears and a terror to the doctor's. I reveled in the doctor's face of terror.

The doctor turned to me and saw my wide evil grin while my parents clapped like nothing was of the ordinary. The doctor look between me and my unaffected parents with fear.

I reached out my palm to the doctor. He tried to flee the room but was unable to doge my pets, which I had ordered to hold the doctor down.

My hand grabbed the doctor's face and… before I could even do anything, he fainted. Damn. I wasn't gonna do anything to him besides edit his memory a bit, but this works too.

All this acting was because I did not do the Jedi mind trick on the doctor... yet. He didn't live in the mansion, so it was unnecessary to do the thing.

-----
Warning: Slight gore.
----

"Uh? Huh? Where am I?" The doctor said. He didn't wake up in his home, that's for sure. His bedroom was not this big. Plus, there were medical devices here.

He got a call from the Shi family that their son had manifested a quirk. Then he drives to their mansion, checks up on their child, and details the boy's quirk on his notes.

So why did he wake up on a hospital bed? He tried remembering further. The Shi boy showed him his quirk. The boy created a toy, then teleported it, then… then— His stomach dropped, and he was about to puke on the bed before a feminine voice roused him from his descent.

"Doctor Keiji, are you alright?" Concern oozing from his helper, Shi family's maid that's, that's — Oh God.

His memory of the maid overlaps with his vision. Of the maid's skin disintegrating, showing the muscles below. Her muscles evaporated except for her head, leaving her a skeleton. The bones break into nothingness. Then the muscles on her head peeled and parted until there was no strand left. Her skull split into countless pieces, displaying her floating brain. That too wasn't spared, as it collapsed in and on itself. The maid screamed for the entire ordeal. The doctor puked on the hospital bedsheets.

"DOCTOR!" the maid hurried and checked on the doctor. She used to be a nurse before the Shi family hired her to be one of their maids. She replaced the blanket with the blanket of another bed and gave the doctor a vomit bag. Then she helped him sit up and gave him a glass of water.

"But— But— You were— the boy— he killed— he killed you!" stuttered the doctor.

The maid narrows her brows in confusion and then relaxes, there is only one boy in this mansion and he couldn't harm a fly. "Young Master wouldn't murder me. You just had a nightmare."

"Y-yeah, that makes sense." The doctor relaxed into the bed, but, with the voice of the devil, he sat straight and sweated.

"Yeah! I wouldn't murder her!" said the sweet voice of the devil with a toothy grin. The devil squished the hamster squish toy he had made and smiled at the doctor, which made the doctor shiver.

"Alright, Young Master. Why don't you go and watch your favorite anime? I heard they launched a new episode today?"

"Really!?" The boy took off and got out of the medical room.

The doctor sighed in relief.

3