What if…?
33 2 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

This story begins in a certain altar, at a certain hall... 

DING! DING! DING! 

"Just as Ephesians 5:33 says: Nevertheless, each one of you must love his wife as he..."

A certain wedding is happening... 

And in that certain wedding, in a certain altar, is three people... 

One being the Minister doing the simple but dignified talk based on the Bible, the other being a dashing and handsome Man, and the other... 

Is a Woman, with the perfect face, cute and adorable dark brown eyes, nose that complement her every other features, and a bright smile that seems to hint at the personality of the Woman who has all these features.

With eyes interlocking with each other, smiles for thier would-be partner in life... 

"I pronounce you Husband and Wife!" 

The wedding ceremony is complete.

*****

Reception

"... And with everything that i have said, once again, thank you everyone." 

After the short and heartwarming speech of the groom, the meal officially started.

But while all of this is happening, in a certain house in the same city, is a man laying on a couch, munching on food and mindlessly scrolling on his cellphone. 

[SHUTTING DOWN, PLEASE RECHARGE THE BATTERY] 

"..."

With the phone shutting down, our MC, Anthony Gonzales, is forced to look at his own reflection, eyes that seem hollow, lacking in purpose, dried lips, and messy hair.

And as if the face He is looking at reminded him of a terrible fact, his already messy face crumpled, throwing out the phone in the process. 

"Haaaaa..."

"Am I really this pathetic...? I can't even get myself to atleast send a congratulatory message..."

"The moment I decided not to confess when we were at high school, I already expected this to happen, but... 

What is this empty feeli-No, i shouldn't lie, not to myself, even if I lied to all of them, hiding the fact that I had feelings for her, the least I can do is not lie to myself..."

"What I am feeling, is regret..."

"If only i didn't chickened out, if only i didn't cowered, if only..." 

"Haaa..."

Ding! 

As if to deliberately interupt his breakdown, his thrown phone that landed on the carpet sounded a notification that should be impossible. 

"Hm? Wasn't this phone on silent mode? Why is there a notification sound? And I am pretty sure this was just powered off... " He reached out his hand to the phone in the ground, not knowing how much this choice would alter his alternate self's future. 

Picking it up, He realized that indeed, it was shut down, so the sound shouldn't even be possible, but just as his fingers touched the screen... 

Congratulations! You are part of the project, Re:'s 3rd batch of testers! 

Project Re:

Overview:

[Reincarnates, or regress individuals that have grudges, sorrows, regrets ect. to a different world to start anew, or go back in time to correct the past.] 

With the observation of the management, we determine that the individual will most likely go for regression, is that correct? 

Yes/No

Anthony, still confused with all of this happening in only a short time plus with the would-be breakdown he would've experienced, absentmindedly pressed the yes option, as if this is real, then that would indeed be what he would choose

As this project has just begun, only your regrets and emotions will be regressed and this version of Anthony Gonzales will be stripped of his feelings for it to be transferred to his other version, turning into a vegetable at worst, and apathetic at best, would you like to proceed? 

This time, having barely calmed down, Anthony is able to comprehend what is being asked and it's consequences, and so, with little to no hesitance, he stepped forward... 

... 

... 

... 

Very well, thank you for participating, and good luck. 

0