March 03, 2020. 23:23
9 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yesterday was the steel detailer interview. They called today to discuss the package. 9.5 to 12 hours a day. 30 days a week. The working hours are about 300 per month. The salary is $100 per month!
The work done by the detailing company are from the US. They charge a minimum of $20 an hour. So, if I joined the slavery, I will have to work for 2 years with a payment of 120 hours. Such is the irony! If you are in the states and are reading this, please don't outsource your work in India. All the firms are exploiting their employees. The graduate me and the economics dropout cousin were offered the same pay. I laugh with tears in my eyes at the irony! These people also told that they'll $13 per month from our salary and keep it as caution deposit. This will be given if I complete 2 years in the form for $87 per month. I'm pretty sure that they'll fire us at the end of the second year to snatch those funds. That's the sort of dirty business these companies are doing. If I ever grow in power, I would hunt these people down and make them pay for all the taxes and tears they owe people. Luckily, me and my cousin rejected the offer. My not-so-close sister was against this! She gave a fiery speech when she herself was living off of father for nearly four years after graduation! Well, she is currently doing an MBA and saying I can't do it cause I'm no good. What a creep? I would like to remind her that I graduated from a better institution than she could ever dream of. Not that any of it matters, I'm not even proud of it. Anyway, my doting father said that if it's like that, my son will stay at home. I will cover for his expenses. That's dad for you! He may be sad that I'm still unemployed but he'll never let his son be exploited. I can't write this without tears in my eyes. One day, I would make him proud, like in the past.
Today's interview went alright. The job was Structural design in a consultancy. The workplace is 85 kilometers from home. With the type of roads and traffic in this place, it'll probably take 3 to 4 hours to reach there by bus. Also, they will train you for six months first. They won't give you either food or accommodation. You'll have to find these yourself. Salary would be as low as $80 per month! Wow, I feel that I might as well kill someone and go to prison. At prison, inmates are supposed to do some odd jobs but they are paid $5 a day. 365 days of employment and yes, that's a frigging $50 per month more than the detailer job. Civil Engineering graduates are not even worth as much a inmates! Wow, I should just do some crime of spread some hatred speech! It's a popular way to go to prison these days.
On the way to today's interview location, I saw a delta with mangroves growing in it. It wasn't anything large. Just small islands of easily submersible silt with a few thick mangroves. If once again sparked my craziness to get lost in the wilderness, and live a wild life with no possessions. Sometimes happiness could be found in the simplest things! At that moment, I wished I was away from the gimmicks of the city. Lost in thick forests with chirping insects and wild flowers. It doesn't matter if I became animal food in a few days. But those few days, I would've lived as a free man! Maybe that's what freedom is, who knows. The eagle that I saw, gliding in circles in the empty sky looked more free than a person in the largest democracy that got freedom in 1947! Maybe I'm crazy! I wished be a software engineer, trained as a Civil engineer and found my passion in writing. Alas, it's so sad that I can't earn bread and butter with any of these fields! Maybe, this life is already wasted. If only I got shipped away to a fantasy world, like those isekai novels! Something that will never happen! I would even sell my soul to the devil to get a decent job. I uninstalled Facebook, Instagram and Twitter today. Sooner or later, whatsapp will follow suite. Cleaned my phone off of porn. I would've formatted the laptop but the unlucky me's laptop screen broke down. I don't know what happened but one day it just went puff. Thank you Lenovo for making such cheap products. At least, I owned a working laptop! That is something to be grateful for! I don't want anything else. I just want to make my folks proud. I know they're not saying it but I'm a big let down.

Thanks for reading. I'm pretty sure that these ramblings would go on till I become something normal as per society.

0