Chapter 16
27 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Several hundred of the new inner court disciples gathered around the Elders that stood on a balcony overlooking them trying to spot any potential students they wanted. The Phoenix academy students were the only ones who would be around for this portion of the assessment. Guests who wanted to visit the shrine from other institutions and clans would have already left.

Cui Xinya was impressed with the blue eyed girl; it would have been very difficult for her to manage to get to this level without a fair amount of prejudice. However, she passed nonetheless. Vasu-Jin, that is a name that I’m totally unfamiliar with…what deity have you gone and gotten yourself mixed up with? She pondered watching the other Elders all come from their respective assessment rooms.

The Elders discussed amongst themselves about some of the more impressive students this year. Naturally, all of them were discussing the Crown Prince and General Sun's sons. Cui Xinya kept to herself in the corner. It wasn't like her to desire the spotlight and frankly it annoyed her if anything. Every year she would have numerous students, particularly males, try and become her personal disciple, but she had little interest in that.

"Cui Xinya" an old yet gentle man's voice called out behind her quietly.

Looking back, she instantly sighed. None other than the Grandmaster himself.

"Yes Grandmaster Zhou? How may I assist you?" she said dryly. Doing everything in her power to express her displeasure with the current situation.

"Oh come on Cui’er surely it isn't that bad." Grandmaster Zhou used a mildly intimate tone with her.

"I despise having to take direct responsibility for another human being, Grandmaster. Nothing you say will make me enjoy this process” getting up from her seat she stretched with a yawn “besides I have yet to find one I’m interested in anyways.”

"You never know. Maybe you will find another talent like yourself" he said, encouraging Cui Xinya to finally make the decision to take a disciple. Something all Elders would do at some point. The only reason he had not pressured her sooner was she had become a master so young he felt he could afford to wait for her to mature, but it seems her attitude had only gotten worse over the years.

"Pfft! from this lot?" her deep black eyes scanned the crowd "only two maybe three of them show any true promise and they were obviously already getting scooped up by another Elder."

Except for that one girl she had a very interesting aura about her, even with her allegedly cursed eyes. Cui Xinya thought to herself. Even still two of the three would already have masters vying for them and fighting over them wasn’t something she was particularly fond about.

"Very well, but you will have to choose someone this year so play nicely." he gave her a firm, but kindhearted warning.

"No promises Grandmaster." she said exasperated.

Cui Xinya never tried to be hopeful. It stopped oneself from being let down. She looked up to the east and smiled "Isn't that right Mofeyr?" as she spoke a quiet breeze brushed past her face. "I pray that we speak again soon…"

1