Chapter 9: I Saved You, Why Are You Harming Me
747 3 35
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 9: I Saved You, Why Are You Harming Me

Walking out of Shrek Academy, Qin Xiao strolled aimlessly.

Although Shrek was small, and the village he was in was declining, there was a sense of peace that calmed the heart.

Unknowingly, Qin Xiao entered a mysterious state.

Honestly, in the decade he had been in the Douluo Continent, he rarely had such leisure. He had been focusing on improving his strength all these years.

Just walking like this.

Dawn broke.

The morning light spilled over like a pair of warm hands, gently caressing one's cheeks.

Qin Xiao also became fully awake at this time.

"Not bad, this realization has completely stabilized my cultivation, and it won't affect my future advancement."

Realizing the change in his strength, Qin Xiao felt a bit of surprise.

Looking around, he confirmed he was in the village next to Shrek.

However.

As he was about to leave the village to return to Shrek, two figures entered his line of sight.

"Cuihua, if you want to break up with me, that's fine, but you have to be with me one more time. Otherwise, forget it!"

A sleazy fat man with a round face, small eyes, short hair, and a small mustache on his lips was grabbing the arm of an ordinary-looking girl.

Cuihua pleaded, "No, don't. Just let me go. Are you even human?"

Huh?

Qin Xiao found it somewhat amusing. Such classic lines and this sleazy image definitely belonged to the most sleazy Ma Hongjun of Shrek.

However, he heard that Zhao Wuji was training Tang San, Xiao Wu, and others, so he probably couldn't come to play the hero.

As for him getting involved?

Think again.

He really had no interest in dealing with unrelated people and matters.

After all, too many unfair things happened every day in this world. Seeing too much of it, he had become numb.

He withdrew his gaze, no longer looking at Ma Hongjun and Cuihua, and walked straight towards the distance.

[Ding, a side quest has been issued.]

[The greatness of a hero is for the country and the people. Rookie soul master, although your strength is not strong, you must not lose a righteous heart. Contribute to fighting against evil forces.

Quest: Fight the evil forces in front of you and rescue the girl in need.

Reward: First soul ring's age +100 years.]

Qin Xiao: "???"

Is this system meddling too much?

"I refuse this quest." Qin Xiao couldn't be bothered with these things.

[Ding.]

[Refusing a side quest will prevent triggering future side quests. Do you wish to continue refusing?]

Refusing this quest means no more future quests? Qin Xiao believed even future side quests' rewards wouldn't be too bad.

Giving up an entire forest for one tree seemed not worth it.

"Fine, I won't refuse. I'll accept this quest. This time, I'll be a good person."

Qin Xiao decided not to refuse the quest after all.

[Ding, side quest accepted successfully.]

[Note: The opponent's strength is strong, almost equal to yours, please be cautious.]

Almost equal to my strength? Qin Xiao was speechless. I could crush him with one finger, right?

"System, is there any reward that can make you more reasonable?" he asked in his mind.

Here's the English translation of the text:

Chapter 9: I Saved You, Why Are You Harming Me

However, the system did not respond.

Qin Xiao knew that the system was beyond saving. It had completely given up on treating him.

"Ma Hongjun, please let me go. I really can't take it anymore."

At this moment, Cuihua was still struggling.

"Hehe, struggle all you want, the more you struggle, the more excited I get."

Ma Hongjun, holding Cuihua's arm, laughed lewdly.

"Let her go."

Suddenly, a cold voice sounded, startling Ma Hongjun.

"Damn, who is this kid messing up my plans?"

Ma Hongjun became furious, his gaze filled with malice as he turned to look at Qin Xiao.

Speaking, he released Cuihua, "Playing the hero to save the damsel in distress requires strength."

The next moment, he charged at Qin Xiao like an arrow released from a bow.

His chubby fist, filled with soul power, was intended to make this meddler pay.

However, Qin Xiao's response was simple. He flicked his index and middle fingers, accurately hitting Ma Hongjun's fist.

Ma Hongjun felt an irresistible force coming from his fist, which sent him flying.

Bang! Finally, Ma Hongjun crashed to the ground over ten meters away.

He rolled and quickly stood up, but the sharp pain in his right hand twisted his face in agony.

"Must be a fracture."

Ma Hongjun knew his situation was bad.

Looking at Qin Xiao again, his gaze changed, filled with caution and shock.

He was certain the young man in front of him was stronger than himself, possibly a powerful assault-type Soul Honour like Dai Mubai.

As for being above a Soul Honour, he hadn't even considered it.

After all, how could someone so young be a Soul Honour?

"Good, very good, excellent."

"Kid, wait here if you dare."

After saying this, without waiting for Qin Xiao's response, he turned and ran.

Qin Xiao: "."

Indeed, a disciple of Flender. Sometimes quite sharp.

[Ding, side quest completed. Reward issued.]

As the mechanical voice sounded, Qin Xiao felt a slight increase in his strength.

"Thank, thank you."

At this moment, Cuihua was no longer in shock. She gratefully addressed Qin Xiao.

"Just a small effort."

Qin Xiao said, taking out a money pouch from his soul guide space and tossing it over: "Here are ten gold soul coins. Leave this village and start a new life somewhere else."

Helping someone to the end, Qin Xiao eliminated the possibility of Cuihua being threatened by Ma Hongjun in the future.

Ten gold soul coins were enough for someone like Cuihua to live a stable life.

However, Cuihua shook her head, "Sir, I don't want money. Let me follow you instead, I can be of much help."

Her words clearly had an implication.

Eh? Qin Xiao was taken aback, incredulous at Cuihua.

You don't want money, but you want my life.

I saved you, why do you repay kindness with enmity?

What a sin!

"Take this money. From now on, we have nothing to do with each other."

"And don't say you know me."

As his voice fell, he disappeared from the spot.

"We've finally arrived!"

After a while, Ma Hongjun, panting heavily, finally ran back to Shrek Academy.

"Fatty, what happened to you?"

At the academy gate, Oscar, who had finished training, hurriedly came up, with Dai Mubai behind him.

"How many times did you do it yesterday? You look pale, with unsteady steps, like you've been drained. Here, eat my big sausage to recover."

Oscar took out a bright red large sausage.

Ma Hongjun felt disgusted, "Stop disgusting me."

Saying this, he pushed Oscar aside and pleaded to Dai Mubai, who approached, "Boss, you must help your brother."

(End of Chapter)

================================================================================================

๐ŸŒŸ Unlock the World of Stories with Early Access on Patreon! ๐ŸŒŸ

Hello, beloved readers and supporters!

I am thrilled to offer you an exclusive opportunity to dive deeper into our captivating stories before anyone else. By joining the Patreon community, you'll unlock a treasure trove of benefits, including:

๐Ÿ“š Early Access to 20 Chapters: Be the first to explore new chapters, experiencing the twists and turns of our tales well ahead of regular readers. Your journey through our stories doesn't have to wait!

๐Ÿ’ฌ Connect with the Community: Join a vibrant, like-minded group of readers who share your passion. Engage in exciting discussions, share theories, and make new friends who love the stories as much as you do.

๐Ÿ‘ Support the Creator: Your patronage directly contributes to the ongoing creation and improvement of the content you love. Be a vital part of the creative journey!

35