Start of a Disaster
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Hey, Arin! Snap out of it! Can you hear me?" Monica called out to Arin, who was lost in thought, staring at the unusually blue sky.

Arin, appearing somewhat distant, responded, "Don't shout, Monica. I was just thinking about how bad my exam went."

Monica, always the optimist, reassured her, "Don't worry too much; you probably did well." She smiled, offering her support as usual. Monica was like a ray of sunshine in Arin's life.

Trying to lighten the mood, Monica added, "Let's grab some ice cream later. It's the perfect remedy for post-exam stress."

Arin managed a faint smile, "Ice cream sounds good. Anything to distract me from the disaster that was my exam."

As they walked together, Monica continued, "You know, even if the exam didn't go as planned, there's always a silver lining. Maybe this is the universe's way of opening a different door for you."

Arin chuckled, "Monica, you always have a way of turning things around. Thanks for being here."

Every time Arin was in a crisis, Monica was always there to support her. She was the sun of Arin's life.
Despite her attempt to push aside the negative thoughts, Arin couldn't shake the feeling that something was amiss. An intuition gnawed at her, suggesting that something significant was about to unfold today.

_________________________________________

The blaring of the emergency alarm in the underground base sent shivers down Rhett's spine. He felt fear and urgency as he sprinted toward the research lab. The harsh reality struck him – harboring the virus was a dangerous undertaking, one that could lead to dire consequences.

Thoughts raced through Rhett's mind as he ran, "Teacher should be okay, right? I warned him. He didn't listen. Uhh, this can't end well." 

Suddenly, he heard gunfire, and with all his might, he pushed forward. As he opened the door, a chilling sight unfolded before him – Dr. March lying on the floor, blood oozing from his abdomen. The wound was severe, and the gravity of the situation hit Rhett like a sledgehammer.

Rhett ran towards his fallen teacher, shouting in fear, "Teacher, please be okay!" His voice carried a mix of disbelief and anguish, echoing through the silent corridors of the underground base.

However, it was futile. Dr. March was nearing his end, whispered, "Rhe..tt, look at me."

Rhett, tears streaming down his face, turned towards his teacher. Dr. March weakened but determined, gasped, "That...bastard...Sam...he stole the virus. It will be in no time; the virus will spread... The world will be doomed. I want you to find the cure... before this happens."

With these words, Dr. March placed his hand on Rhett's face and, with a fading smile, said, "Never... give... up... The future depends on you." The hand fell, and Dr. March became lifeless, leaving Rhett to carry the heavy burden of the world's fate on his hands.

Dr.March was dead.

"NOOOOOOOOOO," Rhett shouted, his eyes brimming with tears, his heart thirsting for revenge. Anguish and anger surged through him.

Trembling with shock and grief, Rhett clung to the hope that his mentor's final words held. "Teacher, you can't leave me with this burden. What should I do? Where do I start?" he whispered, his voice a mix of sorrow and determination.

He whispered, his voice filled with a mix of sorrow and determination.

In the eerie silence of the underground base, Rhett could almost hear Dr. March's voice echoing in his mind. "Find the cure," he repeated to himself. The urgency of the situation compelled him to take action.

As he gazed at his fallen teacher, a sudden realization struck him. "Sam," Rhett muttered through gritted teeth. "I won't let you get away with this. You won't doom the world without a fight."

His mind racing, Rhett reached for the communicator and urgently spoke into it, "Emergency protocol. Dr. March is down, and the virus is in the hands of Sam. We need all available resources to track him down and contain the threat. Time is of the essence."

On the other end of the line, the voice crackled, "Copy that, Rhett. We'll mobilize immediately. Stay on his trail; the fate of humanity rests on your shoulders."

With determination, Rhett wiped away his tears, his gaze lingering on his fallen mentor. "I won't let you down, Teacher. The future hinges on uncovering that cure."
But it was not the end. The worst was yet to come.

0