An Apocalypse
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

RING RING RING

Arin's phone chimed in the middle of a sleepless night. It was midnight.
"ARIN ARIN, ARE YOU THERE, CAN YOU HEAR ME?"
It was Monica's voice. Arin noticed as she picked up the phone in a hurry.
"Monica, I can hear you. What's wrong?", Arin said sleepily.
Suddenly, she heard crashing sounds and screams echoing from far away. Something has gone wrong, terribly wrong. Arin became wide awake. She screamed,
"MONICA, WHAT'S WRONG CAN YOU HEAR ME!!".
"There are. There are MONSTERS HERE", cried Monica. Her voice was almost broken, she couldn't fathom the things ahead of her. She was scared.

Arin couldn't believe what she just heard. She thought, "What monsters. This must be a prank. Monsters don't exist. This is reality".
Arin was scared, she asked with an unsure look, "You must be joking. Monsters don't exist".
"I am not joking. Look outside", Monica said gravely. It was the first time she spoke in a deep and scary voice.

Arin took a step towards the window, and everything seemed fine. She then looked closely at the narrow street. It wasn't clear at first, but it looked like a human but at the same time not. The human was walking mindlessly like a drunk person. That person's hand bent and it was bleeding. When she got a look on its face, she couldn't move.
The eyes were red, and the skin had a pale green color. It was a Zombie from the movies.

"Wait! Zombies don't exist. This has to be a dream. I always have bad dreams", Arin thought to herself. It was like she wanted to console herself, that this was just a bad ordeal.
Then, all of a sudden, there was a blast in a building nearby. The whole building was engulfed in flames, and zombies were falling to the ground from great heights.
It was like the world was ending.
Arin put her palms on her shoulders and said to herself, "This is just a bad dream... a bad dream...yes". She couldn't process the things happening around her. She fell to her knees and was on the verge of crying. She was terrified.

"ARIN SNAP OUT OF IT. THIS IS NOT A DREAM...There is a safe base in the location I sent. Find a way to get there. You can do it. Now is not the time to panic", said Monica. She was always the brave one among her friends.
"But something is weird, the crisis started now, but how is she so prepared", thought Arin. Everything was weird.

"Okay", shivered Arin, "but..."
Suddenly, There was the sound of a bomb on Monica's side, and the line cut.
"Monica! MONICA, CAN YOU HERE ME?", Arin cried as she was screaming for her friend, her mind was clouded.

"Sister, What happened?" asked a young boy in the room. It was Kevin, Arin's brother who was 4 years younger than her.

0