Memory Of Blood
221 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

She peered at the feather. It exuded darkness and cold despite the sun's presence in the sky. The plume produced a purplish shimmer that left Anyma entranced, and suddenly, it vanished from her hands. Surprised by its disappearance, The girl looked around her, resulting in more confusion. "Wha—" She gasped. She was not in the ceremonial place. "The hell's that bloody place!?" She inquired silently, scanning her surroundings. Anyma stood in a pool of blood, but her black and white boots remained clean. "Alright, let's move..." She took a deep breath and placed one foot in front of the other. "Well, I'm not gonna sink into the pool, at least."

***

After a while of walking, she found something poking out of the blood. "A rock?" She questioned, crouching to examine it. Upon touching, the rock emerged and revealed a crystal slab. "OK?" The girl scratched her head while examining the object with her eyes. With a shine, something appeared on the slab's surface.


A woman with long, flowing black hair waved her fingers in the air, summoning shadows that danced in rhythm with her hands. Her first summons was a pack of wolves, fur black like night and eyes purple like amethysts. The woman observed some of them chasing each other playfully. Others were caring about their offspring. The dark-haired woman faintly smiled, observing her creations enjoy their time. Another woman, also with long hair, walked in. "It seems I found you in a rare moment, Morgana." The red-haired woman mused.

"Oh, Curio." Morgana turned her head and greeted the other woman. "I did not see you arrive."

Curio giggled, sitting next to Morgana in the nonexistent white space. "Is something the matter? Usually, you would bark at me." Curio commented, trying to get Morgana to react, but her attempt failed. Though the red-haired was unsure, she had an idea as to why the dark-haired woman acted in such a way. "Are you worried about your creations?"

Morgana lowered her head and sighed, "I cannot hide much from you, my dear." She said in acknowledgment. "While I'm not against Lys's project, I can't help but be worried. What good will my shadows bring into a world governed by light?" 

"Did she not say that every element will be important?" Curio inquired, taking Morgana's hand into hers. "What is there to be worried about?"

Morgana gave a sheepish look to the red-haired woman, bringing both of their hands to her lips and placing a gentle kiss on Curio's smaller hand. "You know how uncontrollable Lys can be sometimes. She can say one thing and do something else entirely."

"Myra is about as difficult to follow. But let's trust them. We never know what will come of their collaboration." Curio leaned on Morgana's shoulder while observing the wolves play.


"So that's what the Goddess of Darkness looks like, huh... and who is that Curio? They seemed close." 

"More than you imagine." A girl with light-red hair and dressed like a nun said, sending Anyma into a fighting stance. 

"W-who are you!?" She asked, stuttering a bit.

"Relax, I'm not here to harm you or anything." The other girl reassured. "I'm here to tell you something is gonna happen in a few minutes, something bad."

"What's gonna happen?" Anyma inquired, refusing to lower her fist.

"You'll see when you get out, but before I kick your ass out, pick up whatever will fall from the slab. Wear one of the two things on that thing you have for a left hand." The nun glared with her golden eyes, then melted.

"What the fuck!?"

 

8