The Fiancee IV
312 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Two days went by just like that. During that time, Jacob managed to meet with two more commoners who opened up a business but were now struggling to get by. Just as he offered the last man help, he did the same to both of them.

Things were going smoothly for him, and he had a bit more free time. Not that he did not have any before, it was just that he was busy writing down some keynotes and what he should do in the future.

After today's events were over, Jacob would begin his training under Matthew. It was about time he got back to it. Not to mention he had to learn some more spells as well.

Just thinking about all the preparations he has started to build helped ease his mind a little bit. If things followed the storyline of the game, then he should be able to survive, but his primary goal was still to link up with Veronica.

The other generals would be more difficult to meet, and he knew that she was a trustworthy person. Mostly due to the fact that he wrote her character.

Jacob started to prepare for his meeting, which he only needed to bring himself. He was debating on taking Amber or Teressa with him, but it was best he left them here. Although he had little information on Angelia, something told him that she did not want to harm him.

He walked out of the study and headed towards the front door. That is where he met Teressa, who was talking to Ava the head maid. She noticed his presence and quickly ended her conversation with Ava to come join his side.

She was unsure of what he was going to do, or if he was going out, but her job was somewhat like that of a secretary. She was always by his side.

"Lord."

Teressa slightly bowed her head as she greeted Jacob.

Jacob returned the nod with one of his own.

"I'll be going out to the temple for a bit. In my absence, I would like for you to keep things in order."

"Will you not need a guard?"

So far Teressa went with him whenever he left the estate. She wondered if he was going to take Amber or Matthew with him instead of her today.

Jacob grinned lightly.

"It's a temple, a holy ground Teressa. I doubt I will need an escort to pray."

"This is true. I just did not… picture you for the spiritual sort."

Teressa said honestly.

From the short amount of time she's known him, she has not seen him go out to visit the temple, nor pray. There was that time that a priest happened to visit him, but that was all there was.

"Not exactly perse. But everyone has one thing or another to confess to the Holy Mother herself in hopes of redeeming yourself."

Jacob saw the slightly confused look on Teressa's face.

His words were not wrong, people sometimes confessed their sins to the Holy Mother. Although she did not answer them with words, some people found their answer.

As for being spiritual, Jacob was not. He barely believed that Mother Nessa was a real god. After all, he knew her history and what she has done. She was a human, but more importantly, she was a conqueror.

The only reason he had any inkling of belief in her was due to him being a priest that relied upon their faith to invoke their spells. If he did not think she was real, if he did not believe, then his spells would not work.

Teressa was left to ponder, she realized that her thoughts about her lord were wrong. Not fully, but she understood that there were some things about him that she did not know. She would like to get to know him better as a person, not as a lord. Why? Teressa was unsure why herself. She just felt that he was this ball of mystery she wanted to unravel.

Jacob left Teressa there, as he walked out of the mansion. There he spotted Priscilla kneeling down by the flowerbed as she smiled and talked to the blooming flowers. Some were pink, some red and a few white.

He did not know what kind of flowers they were, but he could easily see that they were beautiful.

It's been some time since he last spoke to her, he wondered how she was fairing now that she was here. It had to be many times better than living on the streets, but that did not mean she was being treated the best.

He appeared beside her, and knelt next to her.

"Hey."

His voice startled Priscilla as she nearly jumped out of her skin.

"Ja… Lord!"

Priscilla was about to shout his actual name out when she suddenly recalled that he wanted to be called Lord. Not to mention he told her and Daniel to remember that his name here was Vulcan, not Jacob.

She had many questions for him, but after seeing what he did to that guard all of them vanished.

Truthfully, she was a bit afraid of him. But he has not shown her any malice, so her fear was unwarranted.

"Relax a little. I just wanted to know how things are going for you here? Do you like it?"

"Yes! Ava and the others take real good care of me and teach me all sorts of things. Although that big guy in the armor is scary, he's really friendly. And Amber is helping me read…"

Jacob found joy in seeing her happy. Priscilla was informing him about all the events that happened to her since she arrived here. He had to tell her he would listen to her later as he had business to attend to.

She did not seem too upset by it and instead wished him a safe journey.

Jacob wanted to see Daniel but opted not to. He should head to the temple instead and meet Angelia.

As he was heading towards the temple, Amelia, a low ranked priest was already there. Her life was a bit busy recently, especially since Leah came back from seeing lord Lezhalt.

She sat at her mother's bedside, listening to her speak.

Amelia had no idea when her mother would recover, or if she ever would. However, when she had a bit of time she always went to see her. Listening, talking, or just sitting by her side in silence.

"Amelia! What are you doing here? Weren't you told to organize the library?"

At the entrance to her mother's room, another low ranked priest stood at the doorway yelling at Amelia. He was a bit older than her by two years, but in that time his status in the temple did not change.

It was hard to respect him because of that, but he had seniority so Amelia still needed to obey him for now.

"But I already did last night."

"No, you did not. I've already checked and the place is a mess."

Amelia opened her mouth to speak, but her mother placed her hand on top of Amelia's. Amelia looked back to see her mother shaking her head.

Sighing, she just went along with what he said. Even though she was sure she cleaned and organized the library last night before she went to bed.

After bidding her mother farewell, Amelia walked out of the room and headed to the library. In the main hall of the temple, the front door opened and Amelia saw a woman walk in.

She did not recognize the woman with platinum hair, but she could tell from her clothing that she was a noble.

"Hi."

Amelia greeted the woman while wondering what she was here for.

"Where is the bishop? I need to speak to him."

The platinum woman asked.

"Bishop Quayle is no longer here."

"Did you not receive a new bishop? It has been some time since he has been dismissed."

Amelia shook her head.

Their temple was still without a leader, but it would not be too much longer before Leah took charge. Or at least that is what Amelia hoped for.

"Then who is the next in line? I have a matter I need to speak to them about."

"That would be Leah. I can take you to her if you would like."

The platinum-haired woman nodded her head.

5