The Last of us IV
182 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Angelia told them of the events that occurred at the Frost estate. How she heard a blast coming from downstairs, how she saw the strange creature and her fathers decapitated body. She told them everything minus the vision she saw. Angelia's mother did not know she was a Mystic, no one knew.

The only one in the room that did know was Jacob.

Angelia's mothers heart dropped. Dezmond was dead. Twenty-three years together, and now he was gone.

Her shiny pearl white teeth nibbled on her finger nail. Something she only did when she was anxious or at a total loss.

Jacob's mind raced trying to figure out what sort of monster Angelia encountered. There were hundreds in the game, but he did not recall any fitting that description. It could also be due to him spending months here so his memory of the game world was starting to fade.

What he needed was to go back home and check his notes. A journal he kept hidden that held all the in he remembered about the game. Something he created after he had trouble trying to recall an event that takes place after the empire is fractured.

"It's back... how?"

Angelia's mother mumbled to herself as she continued to nibble on her finger nail.

"He said it was dead..."

She added.

Her words caught the ears of everyone in the room. All their eyes were focused on her, wondering what she meant.

"Mom, what are you talking about? Do you know what that thing was?"

Angelia questioned her mother.

Angelia's mother shook her head in response. She stopped bitting her nail as she looked into her daughters eyes.

"It was a long time ago, a story your father told me. Victor and him traveled to the Great Plains of Elune to investigate something."

"Something like what?"

Jacob asked interrupting her before she went too far into her story. He also felt that he heard of the Great Plains of Elune before.

Angelia looked over at Jacob.

"He did not tell me what exactly. Just that your father insisted that they go. It took them two months to return, and when they did that is when your father changed."

Angelia's mother looked at Angelia.

"He was more callous towards everyone and everything, saying that they were lied to. More paranoid than ever. It took two years before he finally told me about what he saw."

"Can I get a moment alone, with you?"

Angelia said as she looked at Jacob.

Amber was the first to leave the room, followed by Jack. Angelia's mother glanced at her daughter for a moment then towards Jacob. She was curious what the two of them were going to talk about alone.

After seeing the intense glare from Angelia, she left the room.

"How are you faring?"

Jacob asked her as he took a seat on the wooden stool.

Angelia placed her index finger on her lips telling him to be quiet. Her mouth opened as she mouthed words. A moment later a fog of black smoke covered her hand. Quickly the fog dispersed and in her hand was a sheet of paper.

Setting the paper on her leg, she pointed her finger towards the paper as the tip of her finger turned black. Her finger moved in elegant motions as she wrote.

When she finished, she passed the paper to Jacob.

'I think I know what my father believes to be a lie. It is based on the tale of Mother Nessa and those that arrived with her. The church says she descended onto this world, but I saw something different. She arrived here by ship and conquered this land. I just do not know what that has to do with the creature.'

Angelia had excellent penmanship, Jacob saw it before but seeing it again he just couldn't help but be impressed. Her words had him thinking. He knew who Mother Nessa was, and she was not a Goddess.

The creature was still a mystery to him, but if he had to place his bets on it then it had to be something ancient. Maybe the remenats of the natives here on this land. But, weren't they wiped out? It was a question he had no answer to considering that in the setting of the world he helped to build, those natives all died. There was no Great Plains of Elune.

The most important part of it was that Angelia knew just like him that Mother Nessa did not descended upon the world. Truthfully, her origns were shrouded in a mist. It was all a part of an expansion they had for the game once it reached its one year mark.

Just nodded his head. He could not respond to her, he did not have a pen or pencil to write with.

"What do you think?"

Angelia was the first to speak up.

Jacob raised his eyebrow.

"Does it matter what I think? It won't change anything."

Angelia rolled her eyes, it was the first time he saw her do it. Maybe the lady in front of him was not all that perfect as she seemed. He's only seen her act in one manner with a straight face, it was nice to see that she was not a robot who only had one setting.

"Just tell me."

She insisted.

Jacob sighed as he dropped his head.

"Maybe. There is a lot that we do not know because we were not there when history was bring made. It is easy for a story to be changed as the years go by, so there is no telling if what we hear today is what happened yesterday."

Angelia repeated Jacob's last sentence to herself a few times.

"That is an odd way to put it, but, I like it."

Angelia put her feet on the floor as she removed the sheet covering her. Jacob could see her unblemished skin, flat stomach along with a small scar. It only appeared for a moment before her white wool shirt covered that area up.

"What happened?"

Jacob asked.

Angelia looked at him, then down at her stomach. She lifted her shirt a small amount to show the small scar.

"This?"

Pointing at the scar she asked him.

"Yes."

Angelia chuckled before she winced in pain.

"Do you not recall?"

She asked in a pained voice.

Jacob rolled his eyes, causing Angelia to crack a smile.

"It happened a long time ago, a minor error on my part. Don't worry about it, there are other more pressing matters at hand."

Angelia stated.

Jacob said nothing. He just watched her as she walked over to a statue on the wall.

"My father is dead, you know what that means for the people he was helping, do you not?"

Angelia asked without turning her head to look at Jacob.

"No, I do not. There are multiple ways this could play out and there is no way to tell if your father was the only one helping them."

"That is true, but they still must be stoppe-"

"I've done my part. It's time you pull your own weight."

Jacob interrupted her, refusing to play a bigger part in whatever Angelia had planned. He had work to do now that he knew the plan Lord Frost had in mind.

Whatever she knew and was plotting could not be on par with his own.

Angelia turned, her eyes showed how disappointed she was in his reply.

"You have done what I asked of you, now, if you would let me finish. They must be stopped before the Grand Assembly takes place next month. But, as you can see I am injured and all of my guards are dead."

"There is always a problem. So, what is it you want me to do?"

Jacob asked in an annoyed tone.

"I told you I have ears all over the empire, and I know where the rebels plan to gather their main force. General Bishop is on his way here right now, as long as I can reach him before he enters the city, he can convince the other generals that the rebellion is real."

"You believe that he will listen to you? Even if he does, why would the others listen to him?"

Jacob asked.

Aneglia smirked.

"Because, he owes my father and General Bishop's word carries weight. As old as he is, he has a good heart and falter under pressure."

Jacob got up as he shook his head.

"That old coot is only in it for himself. He plays towards the winning side and will be the first to turn when things do not go the empires way."

Jacob told Angelia as he knew the character profile of General Bishop. Jean created him, and that guy was a devious fellow. Every character under his belt only did what benefited them.

The general only fought when the odds were in his favor and never before. The man would never agree to Angelia's request. Even if he did owe Lord Frost a favor. It was in his nature to break promises when there was little to gain.

"You have a better general? From what I have picked up, he is the only neutral one that neither favors the crown or the rebels. He also does not have any ill intent towards the other generals."

Angelia told Jacob as he stood next to her.

"No. You just need a better plan. But then again, do whatever you want. Would be easier if you raised an army of your own and swung the first blow."

Angelia mulled over Jacob's words. It was impossible to gather men to fight by her side in a months time. Even more so to get them completely under her leadership.

But, what did Jacob know? She took in his words, but that did not mean she would have to listen to him.

It was a gamble, one she was willing to take.

"Why do you not seemed bothered by all of this? You looked surprised when I told you about my father and his dealings. Now, you look as if none of this bothers you."

"Because, I'm not."

2