I am Vulcan II
1.8k 7 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

'Interesting…'

Jacob commented to himself as he got a vast amount of points.

At first, he was slightly disappointed due to the fact that an average human in Pathfinder had ten points into each stat, but his status was half of a normal person.

With a total of thirty stat points, he'd be able to mold himself into his ideal image. Pathfinder was a bit different than other games and stats differed by what they meant in a way.

Considering he was able to develop himself, Jacob started with his stat points. In truth, intelligence and charisma were useless to him currently, as even with five points he'd be able to put a point or two into certain skills. Still, he put five points into intelligence boosting it up to ten.

Next, he placed ten points into strength, giving him a total of fifteen points. Lastly, he put everything else into agility allowing him to have twenty agility. Double that of a normal person in Pathfinder.

In all honesty, he did not feel that different than before. He did not feel stronger, but he knew he was due to his previous status as a developer for the game.

Someone might ask him, why not pump yourself full of strength? In return, Jacob would reply that strength can only take you so far in the early game. If you had high mobility then it wouldn't be hard for you to take on a band of bandits by yourself.

Agility gave a person increased movement speed, so the higher it was the faster one would move. However, that was not the only thing it did as it also affected your accuracy, attack speed, stamina and ability to increase your weapon mastery. All these things were beneficial for a player in Pathfinder.

Jacob swiftly placed six points into both Athletics and Weapon Mastery, leaving the other eighteen points for another time. As for his proficiency points, he just let those be as they were for now.

What he needed to do now was explore and find a way to make some money. If this was indeed Pathfinder, then was it the same era the beta testers started in or was it before then when the empire was still a thing.

Depending on which one it was would help Jacob decide on what he should do, but before he could do anything he needed money.

There are various ways one could make money, the most rewarding would be pillaging villages for gold and items. That, of course, would gain you infamy if you were to do it within the same kingdom you're associated with. If this was indeed Pathfinder and in the era where the Empire still stood then that option was negated. As Jacob did not want to garner the attention of the empire and have them hunt him like a dog.

With that option out of the way, there were still many more he could do such as becoming a merchant, hunting down bandits or deserters for rewards. However, neither of those interested him currently.

An easy way to net cash was to join the army. Pledge your loyalty to a lord to join their ranks and they would pay for your training, gear and even give you a weekly wage. It was a small wage, but better than nothing.

'But who? We were still in the process of developing the key figures in the empire's downfall. I was in charge of creating Albert and Veronica, both of which were ambitious and when they saw there was no hope left in the empire securing the safety of its own citizens the two of them resigned.'

'Albert is a warrior through and through while Veronica is a commander. She has more wealth than him, but he has more experience on the battlefield than her. Considering I know the most about the two of them, it would be best I join hands with one.'

'Still, proving myself to either of them would be a dauntless task as both are highly respected generals.'

Jacob thought about his choices for a while but decided if he joined either of them he'd rather be with Veronica. Not due to her status as not only a general but because of her uniqueness. She did not excel in magic nor swordsmanship, however, the way she mixed the two together is what made her a fearsome general. One that not only could take command and control the battlefield but also one who could hold her own against the masses.
If this was not a dream and some other world, then he needed to align himself with her.

Yet, Jacob did not know where to begin. A player would be given a few starting quests before they stepped into the world all on their own. He did not.

There was no telling if she was out doing the duties shes been given or if she was stationed at her fort.
With no clear location in mind, Jacob walked on and on until he came across a scene.

What stood before him was a large building that stood four stories high. Made of brick and built like a palace, with walkways that seemed to shine under the sun. Teens his age or older walked along the pathways happily chatting with their weapons slung over their backs or held at their waist.

A large metal gate blocked anyone from entering and if one did have the guts to, they would first have to pass the two guards that wore pure slick silver armor with a golden cape flowing with the gentle breeze.

Jacob knew this place but he oddly forgot about it. When they were coming up with the history of the world, this place came into creation. It was never expanded on much as it did not even have a proper name.

Most things in the history of Pathfinder had yet to have a proper name. The majority of the names they came up with were place holders until their spiderweb of ideas started to connect.

This place was a holy site in this era but in the coming years, it would be anything but that. It was a knight academy, an academy that taught not only the skills of a knight but also the laws that were established since the founding of the empire.

Any aspiring citizen that wanted to work for the royal family tried their damndest to join the ranks of knights. Even a few of the generals in the realm emerged from this exact academy.

This place was a landmark but without knowing its exact history, Jacob couldn't figure out anything about the place. Sure he knew a few figures that emerged from this academy, he knew who the founder was. What he didn't know was what exactly was taught here, what laws, what form of swordsmanship, did they teach manners? A knight was an honorable title as such they were held in high regard.

He did not even know how one would be able to attend such a place. The finer details like this were never fleshed out, just an idea put on paper to be finished later. After all, what the players cared about was not the history but the current. Pathfinder sketched out the history as a foundation and built on it from there into the game it ended up being.

If a player wanted to know more about the history of the world they'd have to search for it through old ruins or the library, maybe even a hidden quest. Yet, one must remember the game was in beta so a lot of plans they had for the game were not released to the public. Considering the fact that they were still working on those features in the background.

One look at the place and Jacob could tell, he did not belong here. He was not cut out to be a knight and frankly, he did not want to be. Yet, deep in his mind, he felt a desire to step foot into the place and learn what they had to offer.

24