The choices we make VI
602 1 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sitting at a round table was Oswald with his feet propped up on it as he leaned back in his wooden chair. An unlit cigar was in his mouth as his fingers fumbled around with a silver coin.

Two large axes sat on the wall crossing each other while a windowed cabinet held a bottle of wine half empty.

This was his own private room, away from all the other guards.

The wooden walls were dull but eventually, he grew to love them.

None of the guards could tell what he was thinking. His mood has made a turn for the worse after what happened.

Vulcan, the kid who had limitless talent was taken from him. To make matters worse it was Renold who took the lad.

"What is the play?"

An ominous voice asked.

Oswald's fingers stopped moving as he gripped the silver coin in his hand. Looking up, he saw a man who wore all black. From his leather jacket and pants to the black undershirt. On top of his head was a hat.

It was the doctor, Drake.

"There is no play. The kid made his choice so he will have to deal with the consequences."

"Do not play me for a fool Oswald, I know you are up to something. You are not sitting round here biding your time for nothing."
Oswald smirked.

He was waiting and soon the opportunity would come. When it did, he would strike hard and strike fast. No one would see it coming.

"The fewer people that know, the less I have to worry about word getting out. Just inform everyone to keep their mouths shut."

"No need to worry there. Anyone who says a lick of your plans will vanish without a trace."

Oswald nodded, but seeing Drake's face he could see that Drake still wanted some answers.

"You remember the tale of Bloody Mary?"

"Yeah, it is what we told the kids to keep them afraid. That story never gets old."

Drake replied.

Bloody Mary, the tale of a vengeful spirit who sought to punish those that wronged her. The spirit possessed the body of a young maid named Mary. Mary waited for all her enemies to gather in one place and slaughtered them all with a knife.

The entire room was dyed red, and when Mary came to she was freaked out by what happened. She laid in a room full of corpses with no idea how she got there.

"I'm thinking of making the story come true. We'll paint Lezhalt's entire world in red, see if it shakes him up. He will surely remember the scene he woke up to that day years ago. Where his parent's heads were outside the gate on a pike and their bodies cut hung upside down.

That killer even had the guts to write out 'Death' with their intestines."

Oswald could see the scene clear as day in his head. It had the entire city shook, and a mystery that was left unsolved.

Whoever murdered Lezhalt's parents was like a phantom. They were never seen and made no noise.

The murderer more than likely left Lezhalt alive to terrorize him. To make him always have to look over his shoulder in fear. Lezhalt would never know when the threat would come for him or if it would.

Still, he was afraid. That was why he locked himself away.

At least, that is what Oswald assumed.

"The few maids I talked to informed me that the lord was hosting a gathering for his fifteenth birthday. This place is bound to be packed with nobles then, and he will be in the spotligh-"

"Relax Drake, Lezhalt will not live to see his birthday. You can count on that. I only want to know if anyone from the Evergreen family shows."

Oswald interrupted Drake not giving him a chance to finish what he had to say.

In his head, Oswald already had the date in mind. The only thing he had to do was make sure things stayed on track.

His plan was already put into motion, it was just that the guards did not see it yet.

The biggest reason he has yet to do anything was due to the guards in the city. If he made too big of a commotion they would come rushing here. However, there was one night ahead where the city guards would not be around.

The entire city will be focused on the Marshal's return. That is when he would strike.

It did pain him that Vulcan betrayed him after all he taught Vulcan.

"Renold believes himself to be better than me."

His hands clutched a small throwing axe that rested on the round table.

"Just wait…"

Oswald threw the small throwing axe towards Drake. It passed by his face only inches away, but Drake was not too worried.

"I'll have his head on a platter."

The small throwing axe hit a target board that hung on the wooden wall by the entrance. The board was cut in half due to the sheer power behind the throw, while the small axe embedded itself into the wooden wall.

10