Seven days Six nights IV
588 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jack roared with vigor as he charged at the two guards in front of him. In normal circumstances, he would never fight the two large guards at once. It was a chance he wanted to take, and one that will ease the burden on those he allied himself with.

Jacob could not understand the feeling Jack was feeling. After all, he was going to enter the fray with just his fist. Without a real weapon, he was very likely to die. Now, the chance was still there but much smaller than before.
Holding the short sword with both hands, Jack swung horizontally with all his might. Nothing was going to stop him from taking someone down with him.

"Die you bastard!"

Jack roared like a wild beast.

His form contained pure strength, technique was forgotten.

One guard grunted as he raised his shield to block Jack's attack. Jack's attack was heavy, held more power than Jack has ever shown.

"You have no honor, Jack. No respect! How dare you go against Oswald after all he has done for you?"

The guard asked Jack as he swung his sword down.

"Honor? Respect? Look at what you are doing! Do not talk to me regarding those things when you do not even know the meaning behind them."

Jack responded to the man with a swing of his own.

As the two blades collided and small sparks flew, Jack found an opening.

Deflecting his foe's blade to the right, Jack quickly turned his sword into a stab aiming directly for the heart.

"Bob!"

The other guard shouted as he rushed forward towards his companion who was stabbed by Jack.

His shield bashed Jack in the face hard catching him off guard causing him to stumble back.

On the white floor that soaked red in blood, Jack's stumbling body slipped. The back of his head struck the corner of a white table that was seated against the wall. Quickly, everything went dark and Jack assumed this was the end of his adventures.

He has always been one to have a quick recovery. Still, it astonished him that he was still alive.

Opening his eyes, Jack realized there was nothing but darkness. He felt the weight of something pushing down on him and as he touched it he knew it was a body.

"W-wizard? You are a wizard?"

Oswald asked in confusion.

'Wizard? Who is a wizard? What happened?'

Jack could not help but ask himself as he was trying to piece together what was going on. However, within the next second, he heard a body hit the floor.

Soon, two more bodies collapsed and with it, Jack stayed still.

'Shit, stay here Jack. Don't be a hero, must just be Renold taking care of it all.'

Although he told himself that, Jack did not believe it for a second. Whatever was going on was not the work of Renold, even Jack knew that much.

He did not know who this wizard was, but they were powerful. Ending the lives of Oswald and whoever else within seconds.

"My lord, thank Mother Nessa you are safe."

Diana's lovely voice entered Jack's ear.

He grasped the fact that the wizard Oswald was talking about had to be the lord of this place. It shocked him greatly as he would have never guessed the lord was a wizard.

Feeling relieved, Jack was about to get up but then he heard another body drop followed by Diana's silence. Screams echoed out and fear took over Jack's body, keeping him still like a tree.

More and more bodies continued to fall all while Jack stayed still.

"Tonight, Vulcan del Lezhalt dies."

The lord's voice was cold and detached of all life.

'What is going on in Nessa's name? Was Oswald the bad guy, or is the lord?'

Unable to wrap his mind about what was going on, Jack stayed still and calmed his breathing. He did not want to move one bit.

The lord who he wanted to protect now murdered those who were under his command.

Jack would die for his lord to protect him, but he would never die to his lord due to some circumstances.

After waiting a while, Jack finally heard the front door close. Yet, he still did not move and waited a few more seconds. Finally sure that the lord was gone he moved the corpse that laid on top of him.

Looking around, Jack saw the horrid scene. Dead. Everyone was dead.

Oswald had a hole in his head, while Renold had a giant axe stuck in his skull. All the other bodies were beheaded, smashed, had deep wounds or holes in their chest.

"Mother Nessa!"

Jack's left hand touched his right chest, left chest then forehead before he clasped his two hands together in prayer.

After a short prayer, Jack walked over to Diana's motionless body and touched her to feel a pulse. He was not sure why, but he felt that she could still be alive. Yet, there was nothing.

It did not take him long to find Jacob's body, eyes open with a shocked expression on his face.

Jack wanted to close his eyes, but when he checked Jacob's body he could feel a weak pulse.

"He lives, but he needs attention."

'If you ever need help with anything, come find me and I shall offer my services to you. Let the light shine and the darkness sleep. Mother Nessa protects all those who have faith in her. Now, let us pray.'

A fleeting memory passed through Jack's mind as a figure appeared in his mind.

There were only certain people that may be able to save Jacob. Jack knew that this was not the life for him, he should have escaped but he stayed and fought. There was no way Jack could leave Jacob here to die.

Even if he could not save Jacob's life, the least he can say is he tried.

Jack removed the tattered shield from Jacob's arm and tossed the mace to the side.

He held Jacob like a princess and rushed out of the door. Luckily Jacob was light not much of a burden for Jack.
His condition was not optimal for him to be moving so much, but Jack could not think about himself at this moment. The only thing on his mind was the little guy he played Go with, the little guy he called a friend.

Urging his body to move forward, step by step Jacob made it to his destination. It was the hardest journey he has taken, but worth it.

Two women dressed in pure white clothing with a golden pendant around their neck saw Jack and Jacob's condition. Their head was covered with a long veil, with the front being somewhat transparent allowing a person to see the outline of their face.

The only reason one knew they were female was due to the curves on their body.

Seeing the two women come to him, Jack could feel his strength fade as he collapsed to his knees.

"W-who?"

"Vulcan del Lezhalt! Save him. Please!"

Jack shouted with the last of his strength.

As he fell along with Jacob, the two women saw the wound to his head. Gazing at each other, they wondered how he made it this far.

"Amelia. Go get the bishop quick!"

8