Seven days Six nights VII
555 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Nothing. Absolutely nothing happened when Jacob used heal. The light that was supposed to emerge from his hand to heal his wound never came.

He stopped and thought about it for a moment before he looked over his stats once again. Everything was right and in order, he should be able to use heal with ease.

'Do not tell me I have to learn the principles behind the skill?'

Jacob dreaded the thought of that.

If that was the case then Jacob would have to go all the way back to the basics, which meant that him putting in all those stats was pointless. Well, not completely useless as he would have better control than any other beginner, so the time he needed to learn the basics should be fairly quick.

While he was lost in his thoughts, the door to his room opened up.

A short man with grey hair and green eyes full of life entered. He wore the typical pure white with golden lining bishop robes, while he held a large tan book in his hand.

The book was filled with knowledge and sayings of Mother Nessa, so it was akin to the Bible in his previous world.

If not for his wrinkles and grey hair, one would assume that the man was actually a young kid due to his height. He was actually only a few inches taller than Jacob.

Next to him was another woman dressed in a pure white dress that clung to her body while a transparent veil covered her face.

She was taller than the bishop, and Jacob felt there were some clear differences between this woman and the last one that entered the room.
However, what surprised him the most was Jack. The curly blonde haired young man. Except, his head was bandaged. Other than that, Jack was wearing a white shirt and some white pants.

The bishop stared at Jacob before nodding his head.

"I told you there was no need to use a spell on him. Nobles are built different, that injury of his would have fixed itself in no time. Little need for me to do anything."

As he spoke, the bishop looked at the veiled woman.

He was letting her know that she should not doubt his skills. After all, he was in this position for a reason.

Jacob rolled his eyes, the bishop was talking nonsense. His body was not in optimal condition. He felt that a gust of wind could kill him right now.

"You have my thanks."

Although Jacob was slightly upset at the bishop for slacking off on his procedure he still gave him his thanks. It was basic manners after all.
Waving his hand, the bishop gave Jacob a light smile.

"Your thanks is not needed lord Lezhalt. I'm sure Mother Nessa is watching over you closely as she does all her children. But, if you want to thank someone you can thank her."

"I see you are still alive Jack, that means you are the one who saved me?"

From the words the bishop spoke, Jacob already had an inkling of an idea as to what was going on. Especially when he saw the look on Jack's face saying 'just go with it'.

Jack must have mentioned that he was Vulcan del Lezhalt, which gave the bishop even more of a reason to heal him. If it was ever found out that he denied a noble treatment, he would have to face more than just the wrath of other nobles. The pope would severely punish him and the bishop may not even be able to live in the empire any more.

Still, from the way he was talking this guy wanted Jacob to fork over a donation in the name of Mother Nessa. Jacob ignored him and just spoke directly to Jack.

From his point of view, the temples were rich; they did not need another silver in their pockets.

Heck, if Jacob was not so scared of the backlash he would receive, he'd pillage the temple and run away with the gold. There were probably thousands upon thousands of gold coins stored here.

"Yes lord, this one brought you here in fear that you would not survive normal treatment."

"I am indebted to you then. I have a reward in mind already, but first I need to recover my strength."

"No reward is needed, for it is my job to serve and protect you. If anyone should be indebted, it should be me."

Jacob could tell that Jack meant his words, but for saving his life that must be rewarded.

They spoke previously about Jack's ambitions, yet Jack said he had none. However, Jacob felt that Jack was wise for someone who was not educated. He could be more than just a simple guard in life.

Jacob wanted to make sure that Jack's path would not end here and hoped he would reach new heights.

There was already something Jacob could do for him, but that would require a bit of time. Mostly because he did not have the strength to walk and get the item needed.

After speaking a few words to Jack, Jacob turned his attention back to the bishop.

"I would like to learn the teachings of Mother Nessa. Can you show me the light?"

The bishop felt his ears twitch at those words. A noble wanted to walk down the path of a priest? Unheard of!

To even become a priest was difficult as it required one to be pure. They must wholeheartedly give their heart up to Mother Nessa so that they could receive enlightenment. Even then, a lot of people failed to understand the words of the lord.

Was the noble in front of him toying around with him?

It would not be the first time. People come to the temple all the time in hopes of walking down a proper path, causing him to set up various tests for them. However, when the time came majority of them never showed.

This caused him to waste hours in preparation.

"You do not have the talent. Sorry."

Turning him down was better than accepting and having Jacob make a fool of himself. The bishop did not want to be blamed for Jacob failing. He would much rather face Jacob's rage at him declining than see what he was capable of when he failed.

Nobles always had a bad reputation for their tempers.

"Are you sure? Why do you not test me?"

"These eyes of mine have lived long enough to see Saints, they can identify anyone who possesses a soul that is pure. Yours is tainted."
The veiled woman glanced towards the bishop.

She did not know why he was doing this, but he was not treating Jacob fairly.

"Make a bet with me then. If I pass, you will give me a copy of all Mother Nessa's teachings. If I fail, I will donate all I have to the temple."
Jack's eyes grew large as he listened to Jacob's words.

He was very confident, too confident. Jack did not care for the estate or anything Lezhalt owned as it was not his. He was not greedy enough to try to keep it for himself either. However, he never thought that Jacob would use it in a bet against the bishop no less.

"Sir! You cannot do this, it goes against our teachings!"

The veiled womans elegant voice rang out, as she urged the bishop not to accept.

Yet, the fire in the bishop's eyes was lit. He has heard much about the wealth the Lezhalt family owned.

"Very well lord, I accept as it is against my nature to refuse. Who are we to refuse a donation of this size."

8