Seven days Six nights XVIII
445 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

To get the treasure, Jacob could not just ask Leah to lead him to it. That would cause her to ask him questions, such as why he would want to go there? Truthfully, Jacob did not need her to show him to the treasury.

He was confident in his ability to go there on his own, due to him recalling how all the temples were.

When designing the world and looking at history to help guide them into creating a realistic church and religion, the developers got together to decide how the priest acted.

Holy, cunning and faithful to the order.

Jacob still remembers sitting at his leather chair inside the meeting room for hours discussing small details about the temples. He vividly recalled Josh bringing up the matter of the treasury and how the priest handled holy artifacts or ones that were cursed.

Ideas were tossed around, many different from other games but the majority were similar to games that were already released. It was not until Josh brought up the idea of having those in charge of the temples hide the treasures from the public eye.

Not due to the fact that they were strong and should not be in the hands of others, but because the church was hiding its own strength.

Common citizens would view them as an apostle of the holy mother, that spread her word. None would assume them to be warriors.
For those that did know, they were cautious of the church but also kept a close relationship with them.

Although normal priests in the church may not hold much power, the higher ranks did.

Concealing their treasure would allow them to keep the profile of a normal person who was a devoted follower of Mother Nessa. However, when they needed to stand up to fight for their cause they could call upon the strength of those artifacts.

The whole idea was voted upon after the CEO took a liking to the idea and eventually everyone decided to use it.

Jacob knew how to get to the hidden treasures because all the temples were the same. In the room where the statue of Mother Nessa lay, there would be candles going around the room in a circle.

Everyone would assume this was normal, as the place was used for prayer and none would think there were treasures hidden in that room.
As long as a person puts out the flames on certain candles, a hidden room would be open for them.

If you were pillaging the temple, then upon removing the statue or breaking it, you would notice a hidden door. Considering you pillaged the temple, you more than likely killed off everyone inside so you could break down the door and check inside.

Either way, you'd find the hidden room and see all the treasures.

This detail about the church stuck with Jacob for a long time. He was not one of the primary developers who was in charge of designing the temples, or the order for that matter. However, he still knew a few details that others would not.

Not in a sense of others at his company, but more so he knew what others who were affiliated with the church did not know.

Outside the study, Jacob walked down the hall and noticed that the main hall was empty.

This was normal as around noonish was when they held a mass prayer in another room.

Jack was upstairs and Amelia may be with her mother, or she could be with the other priest. As for Leah and the bishop, he was sure that both of them were attending the mass prayer.

Basically, Jacob was alone in the hall with no one around.

It was not hard for him to find the prayer room with the statue of Mother Nessa. It was in plain view and easy to spot.

The room was not big enough to hold all the priests which is why it was not used for the mass prayer.

Unsure of how long he had, Jacob moved quickly.

Flames went out of eight candles, leaving the other twelve lit. This signified the life of the twelve templars who led the first crusade.

It was a nice touch, but it needed to be done in a certain way. One could not just put out the small flame from the first eight candles and open the hidden room. They needed to put out the third candle, skip the fourth then put out the fifth and sixth candle. After, they would put out every third candle until they reached the seventeenth one. On the eighteenth, and ninth they would put them both out leaving the twentieth lit.

Once that was done the statue of Mother Nessa would lower into the floor revealing the hidden door.

Even with the statue going down into the ground, barely any noise was made.

The door was revealing and a small click sounded, as the door that looked like a part of the wall opened up. Jacob entered, and saw the vast amount of items inside.

The room was not large, barely a size bigger than the prayer room he was just in. Inside were weapon racks filled with silver swords, lances, maces, and even some thick books. To his left were plates of steel armor, plated boots, gauntlet, and a helmet. A full set of armor that would cover your head to toe.

On the left side was the same thing, but the armor was dark-colored.

Jacob made his way towards the back of the room ignoring all the other equipment.

If his memory did not fail him, he was sure this is where the mace of Six Nights was located.

The mace was famous, and in-game terms a legendary item. It was used by Saint Charles, one of the templars who led the first crusade and passed down to his disciple. Each person who wielded it was a knight of great prestige, but sad to say there were only six of them.

Before the mace could find a seventh owner, the last night who wielded it died and the mace was lost for exactly six nights until a traveling merchant stumbled upon it.

Six knights held the mace, and six nights it was lost for. Thus it was renamed to the mace of Six Nights, in relation to the knights and the nights it was lost.

Grinning, Jacob grabbed the large mace that looked menacing. The shaft was thick and black, but around the handle was a portion of black leather. The head of the mace was overly large, as a normal one would be small so it would not add extra weight. However, the flans on this mace were two or three times as large as a normal mace which gave it, its menacing look.

It was heavy, too heavy for the current him. He needed both his hands to even lift up the mace which was supposed to be held in one hand.
Granted, he was still a small person with a bit of strength while the mace was built for an adult.

Groaning, Jacob set the mace back down.

He could definitely take it, but he did not want to use two hands. It was not a two-handed weapon and the reach was already short. Using both hands would cause his reach to be even shorter.

Looking around the room, he decided to check out the other items. Swords, shields, axes, and armor. All of these items could be considered rare grade in game terms with a few of them being epic grade, just below legendary.

"Oh, this…!"

Jacob paused as he was strolling around the room as he spotted a pendant with a sun-shaped jewel inside the middle.

In all honesty, he was not expecting to see this item here. The mace of Six Nights was a given, but all the other equipment in the room was randomly generated in the game.

This pendant was an epic item called Seven Days. It was special as it allowed its wearer to store spells which can be used later.

The only reason it was not legendary was due to the fact there was a better item in the game which allowed a person to instantly cast spells. Not to mention, this pendant could only store four spells, not seven as one might assume.

It was a bit funny that the reason this item was called Seven Days was because of Josh. Considering the lore of the mace and its name, he just said skip it basically and called it Seven Days.

Although it was very lazy on his part as the item did not have any lore compared to the other items at its grade or above it, no one said too much about it.

Picking it up, Jacob placed it around his neck.

Spending five to six minutes debating, Jacob decided to grab the mace of Six Nights along with a longsword.

7