Sacred Heart I
451 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The day before felt long and somewhat boring now that Jacob has learned the healing spell. Although he had an option of learning something else, he figured it was not the right time to.

There would be plenty of time left in the future if he wanted to master a new spell, but many events would be happening in the city soon. Jacob was most excited for the tournament, as it was an easy way to net himself a plethora of cash.

That is to say, as long as he bet on the right person.

Currently, it was early but he was walking with Jack and Amelia.

Yesterday after he acquired some items from the temple, Jack was flabbergasted.

Never in his wildest dreams would he think Jacob would steal from the temple.

There were people who have tried but they either ended unsuccessfully or were later captured and killed. To be honest, Jack did not like the fact that Jacob stole from them especially considering they were still under the temples care for now.

If anyone caught sight of those weapons he took, then they would surely be dead before the night was over.

However, after a short talk, Jacob assured him that no one would come after them. There were only a few people who knew about the treasury, and those that did, did not check up on it daily.

It was safe to say that they probably would not even think the weapons came from the treasury. After all, it was a secret.

The mace is Six Nights was famous, not many knew of its appearance. Considering no one has wielded it for a long period of time.
While Jack did have his questions, he did not bother Jacob with them. Everyone had something they wanted to keep to themselves. However, that did not stop Jack from seeing Jacob in a new light.

Day by day, the young boy was slowly becoming more mysterious to him. Knowledge, strength and even his way of thinking was vastly different.

He was definitely not the same young boy who Jack met, and it has not even been that long.

Jack was a friend if he could be called that. Yet, he felt that he was not one at all really as he could not tell anyone who Jacob was. His past was shrouded in mystery and Jacob barely talked about his past.

To Jack, he was following Jacob out of his own will and curiosity. At first, he felt guilty and wanted to save him. Once Jacob was saved, the two of them may have gone their separate ways. Yet, here he was days later still with the young boy.

As for Amelia, she was a different case.

Yesterday she came and found Jacob begging him to take her along. She felt that he would find Ash, and when he did she wanted to be there with him.

Jacob did not want to take her at first, but Jack urged him to agree to her request. It was the least he could do after having witnessed the same scene as her.

The rage, the frustration… he knew it all. Amelia needed to let it out eventually, and it was better for her to do it now than later.

Together, the three of them headed down to the slums, the same region Amelia's mother lived. This time, it was for an entirely different reason.

Glancing over his shoulder, he saw Amelia walking with heavy steps. Her face still covered by the transparent veil, but Jacob felt she was not herself. At least, not the version he has shown him before.

"What is wrong?"

He asked her as he continued to walk.

Amelia shook her head, nothing was wrong with her. Why was he asking her this out of the blue?

"Nothing."

"You know Amelia, you wanted to come with me and I ought to have refused, but instead I allowed you to tag along. I might not know what you are feeling right now, but I'm sure we both understand what will happen if you do anything."

Jacob's voice was calm, he looked forward and continued to walk, not even glancing in her direction.

That last sentence of his shook Amelia.

It was as if Jacob saw through her thoughts and crushed them. However, could she really go through with them in the first place?

"What are you talking about?"

Jack asked.

Jacob looked at him.

"Excommunication. If a priest and any of the members that belong to the order break one of their rules, they will be banished. Forget about starting anew, you're life is basically over at that point. No one will hire a person who was banished from the temple."

"That cannot be, I'm sure someone will take them in."

Jack responded.

"Only someone who wants to go against the temple, but you make it seem like there are many of them."

Jacob and Jack both looked at each other in the eye for a moment before they gazed ahead.

Jack wanted to mention Jacob as someone like that, but Amelia did not know he stole weapons right under their noses.

"Still, the choice is hers to make. We each must walk our own path, and maybe this is what she was meant for."

"No one is meant for that. No one."

Jack shouted, but quickly calmed his voice.

Who was meant to be raped and beaten? Amelia's mother? His sister? All those who could not stand up for themselves? That statement of Jacob's pissed him off as it implied his sister was bound to be raped and beaten eventually.

As for Jacob, he said nothing and continued onward.

Jack might not believe it, but everything happened for a reason. You may not like it, but everything around you that interfered with your life was meant to happen. It would set you on a path, one that only you could walk and see the end too.

Amelia could not help but listen to the two of them talk, and although she knew the temple's rules. She herself did not know if she could abide by them this time. After all, this was her mother they were talking about.

The woman who has stood by her side for as long as she could remember.

Just recalling her mother's smile brought tears to Amelia.

Becoming a priest, starting a new better life. That is what she worked for and finally achieved it. The question was, could she throw it all away?

Soon, the three of them found themselves at a wooden hut. It was made differently than the other homes in this part, and the roof was made of some straw. A large sign was hung above the entrance, and at the entrance was a large man who stood around six feet tall.

Over his left eye was a scar, but he wore no armor only a thick green shirt and trousers. What set him apart from the others in this region was the sword by his waist.

"Ash Advance huh? I was expecting it to look different…"

Jacob commented.

Amelia looked down the long dirt road, her home was a ten-minute walk from here.

6