In the time we were gone VI
411 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Observing the two siblings cheerfully talk without a worry made Jacob smile. Even though they were in a bad spot, neither of them seemed to show they were sad. Instead, they only looked at the bright side, at least from what they have shown him.

Daniel and Priscilla were both interested in Jacob.

Wondering where he was taking them, what he has been doing since he was gone, but more importantly where was he getting food from?

They talked amongst themselves, for the most part, letting Jacob lead them.

As the trio drew closer to the mansion, Daniel looked over at Priscilla and gulped. They knew what district this was and always avoided it.

Only the wealthy lived around here, and if you pissed them off, forget leaving with a few bruises, you wouldn't leave with your life.

"Jacob… are you sure we are heading in the right direction?"

Daniel could not help but ask, afraid that his friend made a wrong turn.

"Yeah, just a little further."

"You are not thinking of stealing from these people, are you? Is that how you've been living?"

Priscilla questioned him as she snuggled up next to her brother, making sure to be by his side in case something occurred.

Jacob chuckled. It was sort of cute that they were worried this much, but tragic at the same time.

People steered clear of them while giving them a repulsive stare. The women clutched their small handbags tightly while snorting.

This was the first time Jacob encountered this behavior. When he left earlier, none of these people bothered him at all. However, upon returning with Daniel and Priscilla they started to show their true selves.

It was understandable to a certain extent, but that did not mean they needed to plainly show their disgust openly.

"No, I'm not Robin Hood."

Replying to Priscilla, Jacob continued to head towards his mansion.

"Robin Hood?"

"A person, but do not think about it too much. You'll never meet him."

He was slightly afraid that they would ask more about it, but neither of them questioned him. They were not very intelligent, only learning what other commoner children knew but probably less than that.

Both of them picked up most of their vocabulary, phrases, and knowledge from the other homeless people.

Right before they reached the estate, a patrol of guards approached them. From the looks of it, they were not too happy that Jacob and his companions were in this neighborhood.

"What business do you folk have here?"

City guards, dressed in light armor. They were strong, but the large majority of them were made up of commoners. Therefore, Jacob had no reason to listen to them, and they had no right to stop him.

Priscilla clutched her brother's tan shirt tightly. This was the first time she's ever had a run-in with the city guards.

They were larger, had more numbers, and held power. How could she not fear for her life?

She was like a little kitten facing a crazed dog.

"Come, Priscilla, just walk ahead. Nothing will happen to you, I promise."

Jacob urged her to continue walking and ignore them. She was too afraid and frozen in place.

The guard having been ignored by this little boy grabbed him by the shoulder, forcing him to turn around.

"Don't you see me talking to you? Huh?"

Spotting the cold gaze of Jacob, the man quickly let him go. However, he realized there was no reason for him to be afraid.

"Did I tell you, you could touch me?"

"So what if I touched you?"

"Look around you, do you believe they are staring over here in hopes of you getting rid of us? No, it is because of your action. Approaching a noble and laying hands on him without a just cause. You do understand the consequences right?"

Thinking that Jacob was just playing around with him, the guard scoffed at his words. Yet, his eyes looked around only to spot those a distance away whispering with each other.

Lies, it had to be lies. Turning to one of his men, he ordered him to ask one of the citizens.

"When you ask, check my identity. Vulcan del Lezhalt."

That name sounded familiar to the guard, if he was not mistaken was that not the young noble who was announced dead not too long ago?
Knowledge of his return has yet to spread all over, but the people that lived in this area knew the owner of the estate. His face was easy to remember as some of them spotted him coming and going in the last few days.

The reason they kept their distance was not because of him, but due to the company, he kept. It disgusted them that a noble such as himself was hanging around with some helpless orphans.

Soon, the guard returned and told his leader the news.

The lead guard started to sweat bullets, instantly bowing his head.

"Sir… no lord! I meant no disrespect."

"But you did disrespect me. Judging based on looks and assuming we were here for no good. Daring to stop my path, as I was on my way home. Not only that, but you've also even laid your filthy hands on me. Tell me, how is that not disrespectful?"

Jacob's voice was cold, causing the hair on the lead guards arm to stand up.

Dropping to his knees, he pleaded for his life.

"Please, I did not know! Forgive my insolence."

"You, cut off his right hand."

Jacob ordered one of the younger guards.

"N-no! Not my right hand, my left! Take my left, not my right!"

If his right hand was severed, he'd find it hard to swing his sword. Meaning, he'd be of no use and lose his job. Without a job how could he pay for his basic living expenses? Jacob was basically killing him off.

"Lord, please we did not know. Let him go just this once."

Afraid to act, the young guard had no choice but to ask Jacob for forgiveness. He was acting out of anger, clearly, his mind was not clear.

"Do not make me tell you again."

Seeing that Jacob was not going to take back his decision, the young guard moved. Unsheathing his short sword, he positioned it over his leader's right hand. His leader was still asking for forgiveness, but Jacob just glared at the young guard.

Clenching his teeth and tightening the grip on his sword's hilt, he swung.

"Ahhh!"

The cut was clean, only taking one swing to chop his hand off.

"Come, follow me."

Jacob said as he grabbed Daniel and Priscilla's arm forcing them to follow him.

Both were still shocked, unable to speak.

Was this the same Jacob they knew? Who was Vulcan del Lezhalt?

Secretly, the two siblings were more afraid of Jacob than they were of the guards. If a single command could take the hand of a guard, just imagine what he could do to them?

Although their mind was scared, their body moved against their command. Following right behind Jacob.

His emotions flared up for some reason, clearly not his usual self. He'd pretend to be a noble, but Jacob doubted that he would act against the city guard for something so petty. That was not him, his actions were more in line with Vulcan's feelings.

Why though?

Maybe it was a bad idea to bring Daniel and Priscilla with him. But, he could not bring himself to kick them to the side after making it this far.

The trio arrived at the estate, and Jacob released his grip on the two.

"Call me Lord from now on. I am a noble, but I will not harm you."

He needed to warm them, after all, he had an image to keep up. Both of them nodded their heads in understanding. Not even questioning him at all.

Opening the door, Jacob was greeted by a few of the prostitutes.

"This here is Daniel and Priscilla. Clean them up thoroughly and feed them. Where is Ava?"

He cut straight to the chase, and at this moment his image overlapped with someone else's. Jacob's mind was on something else right now so he did not pay attention to his wording. However, if he did, he would see the resemblance.

"Ava is in the kitchen."

Jacob nodded and went off, leaving the two siblings behind.

Daniel was not used to seeing such beautiful women. They were even wearing slightly revealing clothing showing off their assets. There were only three of them, but each one had something his sister lacked. Womanly charm.

He gulped as the blood rushed to his lower half.

"Ah, we forgot to ask him where the bath is."

"It should be in one of those rooms this way."

"Look, the little one is excited by our looks."

"Ew, you better not. At least wait until he is clean!"

The girls chatted with each other making small conversation. Daniel's mind went blank as he was entranced by their beauty. Priscilla's mouth was wide open, she's never seen such large breasts before.

In comparison… hers were…

Inside the kitchen, Ava was seated at the table observing the other girls preparing food. Seeing Jacob, she smiled and stood up.

"Lord, I did not know when you would return so I took it upon myself to take out some ingredients to prepare lunch. Your guard gave me permission, I hope that is ok."

Ava was very polite when she spoke with Jacob.

Looking at her closely, she seemed more like a mother that watched over her children.

She was tall, with a full figure and pretty face that only had a few wrinkles. Her long brown hair was curled at the ends, while the back was put into a bun. Her smile was warm, giving Jacob this relaxing feeling.

He could tell she was not young, definitely in her mid to late thirties.

"Yeah, that is fine. I said we would talk about your jobs once I returned right?"

Nodding, Ava told him that was indeed what he said.

7