In the time we were gone X
367 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the grand hall on the center stage stood a man donned in a set of full-body armor. Unlike what others are led to believe, his armor was not bulky instead it was pretty slim, fitting him just right. Yellow cloth ran from his waist down to his silver boots, covering his legs as if it were a dress. There was a slit down the front of the yellow cloth, allowing him to move his legs without the cloth being in the way.

The yellow cloth had the image of a white sun on the backside of it, while at the lower part of his waist hung four brown leather straps with silver embedded on them. Two straps hung on each side of the slit.

Around his waist was a brown leather belt that held his long sword on his left side, and two daggers on his right.

Underneath his silver chest piece was another piece of yellow cloth that covered the openings of his armor, and his neck. If you looked closely, you could make out a piece of chainmail under the cloth.

The entire design was amazing, and everyone who wore armor like this was a full-fledged knight.

His face was shown as he was not wearing his helmet, however, he still wore the rest of the armor. Including the pauldron, vambrace, embrace, and even his gauntlets.

Those black eyes of his locked onto the young short curly brown-haired woman whose gaze was focused on him. Her armor was similar to his, except fit for a woman and instead of the yellow cloth covering her legs fully, it only covered the left side and back of her legs, leaving the front in full view.

She was a beautiful woman with cream-colored skin and light blue eyes. At this moment, she was not a woman but a warrior waiting to receive orders.

"Sir."

Her voice was loud and clear as she kept her hands crossed behind her back.

"Matthew and Amber have already left to take their knight's vow, but do you know why I asked you to stay behind?"

Listening to his question, she shook her head.

"No, sir."

"Because you are different Teressa. Third in your class, always on time, and never starting any trouble. This could be due to you being new, but I doubt that. You are a diligent worker, I can already see how much you are worth."

Placing his hand on her left shoulder, Teressa did not bat an eye.

"I would hate it for you to pledge your life to a noble, you have too much potential to waste here. Instead, you could rise in fame and become a wise, but powerful general like lady Veronica. That is why I had you stay back."

Teressa's expression finally changed, showing how confused she was by his words.

"I do not understand, sir."

"Make a vow right now, Teressa. Pledge yourself to me, and in time I will relinquish you of your duties. Freeing you, so that you can live your life the way you want."

He told her in all seriousness.

This was not a small matter, and for Teressa, she hesitated.

How could she make such an oath to her headmaster? What was he aiming for? Did she truly have such worth?

Numerous thoughts ran through her mind in a split second, before she swallowed. No, this was not right.

A knight's vow is sacred, something that could not be given so easily. She knew this, for it was taught to her from a young age. A knight's vow was only over when her liege died or relinquished them of it - something that was hardly ever done. Meaning, she was essentially giving her life away.

It was unlikely a knight would make such a vow twice in their life.

"That is not right sir, I am to serve lord Lezhalt."

Hearing her words, the headmaster could only smile weakly.

"You make me this vow, and in time, your family's status will be regained. Is that not what you want?"

Teressa flinched.

This was the first time someone offered her such help, but it was unlikely to be true. However, this was the headmaster. He was a noble and a knight if it was him… it may be possible.

Should she give her oath to this man? If she did, her second oath would not be taken seriously. If found out, it would hurt her prestige and her status as a knight would be revoked.

Her light blue eyes that never looked away closed for more than a second. She knew what she had to do…

Reliving that moment, Teressa could not help but glance at the young lord by her side. He was young and barely spoke.

Behind him were two more knights, both of which gave the same vow as her.

She did not know why they agreed, but maybe just like her, none of them had a choice. The three of them helped recover Damien's Heart, such an honor elevated their status among knights. Even if they did not actually recover it. Instead, the fact that they had to make a vow in return for the relic was what made the other knights look at them differently.

Any of them would love to take an oath if it was for that. This act alone meant that their names would be recorded down in history.

The four of them approached a mansion. It looked nice, but as knights, they saw all sorts of buildings. None of them were impressed by the sight.

From their view, it seemed to be a bit disappointing instead. The garden's flowers were withering, the grass seemed to be uneven, and there were no guards around.

Other noble's would have their guards posted, and their estate tended to. To them, appearances meant a lot.

All three of the knights could not help but look down at the young lord who they pledged to serve until death. Did he not care, or was he too poor to do anything about it?

Little did they know, their lord was full of smiles on the inside. He accomplished a great feat, with a wonderful reward.

Three knights that would follow him forever, at the cost of nothing. He did not even need to pay them, which was marvelous considering each of them would cost a hundred silver weekly.

Although he was not poor, he definitely did not want to spend that much money. Not yet.

Turning his head full of brown hair, he gazed at Teressa.

"Do you have a dress?"

"No, lord I do not."

"Ok, no rush. We'll go out in a few days to get you one."

Teressa wanted to speak and tell him that she was not someone he could dress up and marry. She was a knight above all else.

Her image of the young noble started to distort, fearing what he would ask of her.

Yet, before a word came out of her mouth, he looked at the male knight.

"You'll be in charge of training, I expect you to be harsh. Whatever equipment you need, let me know and I'll see what I can do. Take a look at the training grounds and give me your opinion on it."

"As for you, your father is Varus of the Eaglewood Merchants right? Send word to him informing him of your situation."

All three of them listened, but none could believe their eyes. It was an interesting sight to see.

His frame was small, but he was giving them orders as if it were natural. It was a bit hard to take him serious, but each of them nodded. No matter what he asked, they had to do it.

6