I am Vulcan VII
1.1k 0 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The wooden door slowly opened while making a small creak sound. Vulcan could feel the butterflies in his stomach. Why was he nervous? No idea, but he felt like if he messed anything up here then his future would be a dark one. One where he'd be tossed back to the streets to fend for himself. After getting a glimpse at how the other side lived, he wanted to experience more of it.

Renold looked at the two of them as he opened the door wider. His burly body was blocking most of the view so a person could only catch bits and pieces at what was inside. From the small bits that he saw, Vulcan made out a ton of bookshelves.

"What took you so long? I told you to wash and feed him, not give him any pleasure."

As his piercing blue eyes gazed towards Diana, his voice echoed out.

Pleasure him? Please, as if she would do such a thing. Yet, Diana could not speak out, even if she wanted to. Renold grabbed hold of Vulcan and pulled him into the study room before shutting the door in Diana's face.
'Ahh! I hate that guy, I hope he burns!'

Diana inwardly screamed as she wished the worse to happen to Renold. Sure, status and power meant everything here, but that did not mean he had to treat her the way he did. Besides, if it was not due to his time in service here, she was sure she would surpass him in status.

What was so special about being a guard? Ever since she's been here, besides drinking, giving orders and staying cooped up in the study she has not seen him do any sort of fighting.

While she knew that the stories of him saving the lord's life were true, she wanted to doubt it so much. If a hundred people tell you the same thing you are bound to believe it, and that's exactly what happened.

When she came here, she listened to all the gossiping going on so she could learn all the secrets the employees held. At times she used it to her advantage, but mostly to learn about the affairs that were going on in the estate.
Storming away, Diana decided she needed to relieve her stress. After dealing with the moronic Vulcan and listening to Renold's foolish accusations she needed a break.

As soon as she reached the stairs, the study's door opened and Renold's figure appeared. He looked over towards Diana, as she gave him a loving smile while returning the look.

"Don't forget to clean the bathroom and the entrance, I'm sure you have not done that yet."

Renold smirked as if he knew the thoughts that were going on in Diana's mind.

With her right hand clenched, she forced herself to speak to him in a calm tone.

"Yes, of course, I'll get right on it."

Although those were the words she spoke on the outside, inwardly she was cursing Renold and his mother for ever having such a child.

Renold closed the door once more before he popped back into the study room. The room itself was not overly large, it was about the size of an average bedroom. However, due to the sheer amount of items inside the room, it felt cramped.

Wooden bookshelves filled to the brim with various books ran across the wall. There was a large table on the right side of the room that had an old map on it, which was held down by four other books. Some were open, some were not.

On the left side was another wooden desk, but it looked fancier than the other. There were documents on the table, along with a stack of books stacked seven high. Sitting behind the desk was a young teenager, who couldn't be older than fifteen. He sat in a cushioned leather chair with a black pen in his hand.

In front of the desk was Vulcan, who had a shocked expression on his face.

Jacob, who was still watching everything happen was also equally surprised. The reason was simple, the young teenager in front of him was the spitting image of Vulcan! Sure, the hairstyle was slightly different but the facial features were the same. The young teen even had the same freckles as Vulcan.

It felt a tad bit weird.

Renold stepped behind Vulcan and pushed his head down in a bow.

"Bow before the lord."

Renold's authoritative tone vibrated into Vulcan's ear.

Even if he did not bow, with Renold forcing his head down he was already bowing.

The young teen waved his hand towards Renold, and Renold released his grip on Vulcan's head.

The young teen eyed Vulcan and Vulcan did the same.

"I'm sure you are wondering why you are here, or why you were picked up. I'll be frank with you so you can understand. A month ago I asked Renold to scour the city in search for someone who resembles me in the slightest way. Sad to say, his search thus far has yielded no results, until he stumbled upon you today. Now that you are here, I'll give you a choice. Work for me, or leave."

The young teen's voice was flat, not giving Vulcan a hint at his goal. Not that he was smart enough to know that anyways, but for Jacob, if he was in control he would decline in a heartbeat. This entire scenario was a mistake and he felt it in his heart.

Vulcan glanced over at Renold, and then over towards the young teen. Work, real work… this is something all the orphans talked about. No longer would he need to starve or worry about surviving the next day. How could he say no?

"Yes, yes! Whatever you need, I'll do it!"

His voice showed how happy he was.

"Excellent. Your only job is to attend events that I do not want to go to or show your face in the market at times. Other than that, just laze away here and eat to your heart's content."

Vulcan felt some kind of way hearing that was his job. He was expecting to be employed to become a guard of some kind. From the whisperings he has heard before, he never knew there was a job like this.

Go to events and go to the market? Could he even be considered an errand boy?

While Vulcan was highly confused, Jacob knew exactly what was going on. Still, he was not yet in control of the body thus his only option was to standby and watch.

Diana mentioned earlier that Renold saved the lord's life before, and now that he saw how the lord looked. Jacob put together his own theory on what was happening.

He's seen enough drama's to know where this was going, but he was thoroughly amazed. When did NPC's become this advanced to come up with their own schemes?

18