New Home
26 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As William and Moody looked at each other for a long, tense silence, Moody smiled as he handed William a suitcase. "Go to your room and pack what you need. I will sign the adoption papers," he said.

William nodded and grabbed the suitcase. As they left, he did not say a word to Purrlock until they entered William's room.

As William closed the door, he said, "Uncle, what the Fuck just happened?"

"Okay, first of all, Language. Second, you just got adopted," Purrlock said.

"I get that, but this is not Canon. Like, what is he doing here?" William said, concern evident in his voice.

"Us being here is not canon, and is it that bad Moody is adopting you?" Purrlock asked.

"Knowing what's going to happen in the future is the most reliable thing we have, Uncle, and Alastor being here adopting me is going to change canon," William said.

"I agree that knowing the future is reliable but having Moody adopt you is also beneficial. William, he is a former Auror. He can train you. Since you're going to Hogwarts, you're going to need power to deal with the challenges that are going to happen there," Purrlock said with a wise tone in his voice.

"I guess you've got a point," William said. "I should start packing." William opened his closet and grabbed his clothes. As he opened the suitcase and put his clothes in, something unexpected happened.

As he put his clothes in the suitcase, they fell onto a wooden floor. William put his face over the suitcase and looked inside. It looked like a wooden cabin with chairs, tables, and a bed. William pulled his head out. "Uncle, look at this," he said, looking excited.

Purrlock looked inside the suitcase. "Is that a room in a suitcase?" Purrlock said, not having the words to describe it.

William used observe on the suitcase.

[Lv.0][Enchanted  Suitcase]

[This enchanted suitcase, has been charmed with an Extension Charm, providing an extra-dimensional space within its seemingly ordinary exterior.]

William and Purrlock looked at each other. "That explains it," Purrlock said. "What else should I pack? I don't really need anything else," William asked Purrlock. "The mirror, we're taking it. It may be a normal mirror now, but it still looks expensive."

William shrugged as he grabbed the mirror and gently put it in the suitcase. "That it?" he said. "Not quite," Purrlock said as he walked toward a box of crayons and paper.

"We need to destroy the paper I wrote on," Purrlock said as he pointed to the paper William had written on.

"Good point," William said as he picked up the piece of paper and ripped it into several pieces, throwing them into the suitcase.

As William shut the suitcase, a knock on his door could be heard. William went and opened it; there was Norewen and Grenda.

Grenda hugged him and lifted him into the air. "WE'RE GOING TO MISS YOU, WILLIAM! WHY, WHY DID THE WORLD HAVE TO TAKE YOU FROM US!" Grenda said as she was crying. "William isn't going to die, Grenda, calm down," Norewen said, rolling his eyes at Grenda's dramatic goodbye.

As Grenda continued her tearful farewell, Norewen tried to bring a bit of levity to the moment. "Grenda, we'll see him again. It's not like he's leaving the planet."

Grenda reluctantly set William back on the ground, wiping away her tears. "But it won't be the same! Who will I argue with about the best magical creatures now?"

William chuckled, appreciating Grenda's sentiment. "You'll find someone new to argue with, I'm sure."

Norewen, still holding back a smile, added, "And maybe someone who agrees with you once in a while."

As they exchanged a few more words and hugs, William felt a mixture of sadness and excitement, but the prospect of Hogwarts and the mysteries that awaited there filled him with anticipation.

As Norewen and Grenda left, William turned to Purrlock. "Ready for this new adventure, Uncle?"

Purrlock nodded, a mix of pride and concern in his eyes. "You're growing up. Well, 'younger-ing' up, I guess. You are eleven now, so yeah. Make the most of this opportunity."

"You're all so young now, uncle," William said as he picked up the suitcase. The door knocked again. William opened it; there outside was Alastor. "You ready?" he asked. William nodded. "Great, let's get going then," Alastor said, and his eyes landed on Purrlock. His magical eye flared up but calm down after a second. "You've got quite the interesting cat, William," Alastor said as he turned his back and started to walk away. William and Purrlock followed him.

They entered the elevator, and William asked, "What do you mean by that?"

"As I said, your cat is interesting," Alastor said as he pressed the button. "Just interesting, nothing more?" William asked, worried if Alastor had figured something out about Purrlock. "He has a bit of magic in him. That's all," Alastor said. William raised his eyebrow, and Purrlock seemed to have gotten an idea. He opened his stats.

-Stats-

HP/Hit Points MP/Magic Points SP/Stamina Points

Name: Purrlock

Class: Companion

Age: 11

Title: Forever Companions

Level: 7

HP: 120/120 MP: 95/95 SP: 230/230

-Primary Stats-

Strength - 5 (+10)

Vitality - 3 (+10)

Dexterity - 8 (+10)

Agility - 16 (+10)

Intelligence - 20 (+10)

Magic - 2 (+10)

Wisdom - 13 (+10)

William looked at Purrlock's stats, his eyes widening. Purrlock had 2 in Magic. Does this mean he can do magic? That's a question for another time, as Alastor asked, "What are you looking at?"

'Okay, he can't see the stats with his eye.' "Nothing, just thinking," William said. If Alastor knew he was lying, he didn't say anything about it. As they entered the first floor, Alastor exited the elevator and walked toward the exit with William and Purrlock.

As they left at the entrance, William noticed Alastor's broom, but it was different than what William remembered. Alastor's broom was a wheelchair with a passenger seat on the side, connected to the Broom. "You don't have motion sickness, do you?" Alastor asked.

As Alastor said that, all color Purrlock had was drained away. 'I'm not going to enjoy this,' Purrlock thought to himself.

As William, Purrlock, and Alastor were flying above the clouds, William and Purrlock were sitting in the passenger seat. William seemed to be enjoying flying for the first time, but Purrlock was not enjoying his first time flying. His head wavered several times by now. Purrlock would feel bad if his vomit hit someone, but right now, he was too distracted trying to swallow the vomit that came to his mouth.

"We're getting close," Alastor said. "We should go faster so Purrlock won't have to wait so much," William said. Purrlock looked at William with a betrayed expression. "The faster we get there, the less time you have to be in the broom," William explained as Purrlock vomited again.

"How much do you feed him, kid?" Alastor asked. "Too much, apparently," William answered. Usually, William would have been disgusted by vomiting, but now he wasn't affected much.

"By the way, what should I call you?" William asked. Alastor shrugged. "You can call me Uncle, Dad, or Moody. I don't really care." Purrlock looked at William with eyes he could somehow translate as 'I'm the only uncle.' "I'll call you Moody, then," William said as Purrlock looked away and continued to suffer.

"We are here," Alastor said. They started to lower down. William could see the most intimidating forest he had ever seen. "That forest looks right out of a nightmare," William said. "Yes, this forest is enchanted with a Repelling Charm," Alastor said as they touched the ground.

The moment they touched the ground, Purrlock jumped out. "The charm makes it so that anyone near the forest won't ever want to go in there," he continued to explain. William was going to say something about him not wanting to go in, but suddenly...

[Intrusion Alert: Unauthorized Intrusion Detected Attempt to Enter Player's Mind Blocked]

William's initial reluctance to join had vanished. "I should include you and your pet in the recognition," Alastor stated as he drew his wand. "I, Alastor Moody, formally acknowledge William Mystical as a member of the Moody Family," he declared. "What's your cat's name?"

"Purrlock," William responded. "I, Alastor Moody, recognize Purrlock as a Companion of The Moody Family."

William had noticed Purrlock was shaking before, but now he seemed to straighten up.

"Now, let's head home," Alastor proposed as he led the way into the forest. William and Purrlock followed suit.

They walked for several minutes. As they entered a clear grass field, there was a massive house. "Wow," William said, amazed at the house. Alastor smiled at William's amazement. "Why don't I give you a tour of the house," Alastor said as he began to show William around.

 

 
1