Chapter 39: How to bathe
702 12 36
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

This chapter is my entertainment, but let's be clear, it's not filler. I've been imagining this scene since I realized that, given Yujin's context, he probably doesn't even know how to properly take a bath. I bet even some of you will learn something.

***

The two remained silent, looking at each other for a few seconds, but Tsunade composed herself and coughed lightly, trying to disguise the embarrassment she was feeling.

"I'll explain, so listen carefully."

Yujin nodded and waited for her to speak. Inside, he found the situation strange but tried to ignore it.

"First, you can't just jump into the water because you're still dirty. Although the bathtub water is for cleaning the body, other people might want to bathe in it too... It's fine here, I guess, as I plan to open the drain later and let the water drain. But if you were to bathe in a public bath, for example, entering all dirty would make the water very dirty, and others wouldn't be able to clean themselves properly."

Yujin raised an eyebrow, a bit puzzled by what she said.

"Do you bathe with other people in public baths?"

"Yes. It's a large bath, much bigger than mine, and dozens of people can comfortably bathe at the same time. Why do you think Jiraiya likes to go there so much? There are lots of women bathing every day; it's paradise for him."

Yujin raised his eyebrows again, feeling disgusted by Jiraiya's actions. Tsunade sensed his mood, so she quickly continued.

"So, you need to remove most of the dirt before getting in. That way, the bathtub water will clean the rest, which is more acceptable. To get rid of the bulk of the dirt, you fill a basin with water in the shower, turning on this tap here."

Tsunade then approached Yujin, a bit nervous. She tried her best not to look at his chest, took the basin from his hands, and turned on the shower tap to fill the basin with water. When the basin was full, she pulled a stool near Yujin and grabbed a towel from one of the cabinets.

"Now, you need to clean yourself. First, pour the water over your body, getting wet. Then, use the soap and lather all parts of your body... including down there."

Tsunade coughed again as she said this, hiding her embarrassment. She then realized that Yujin was standing still.

"Come on, start washing."

Although Yujin wondered how he would do it with her next to him, he still moved and followed her instructions. Sitting on the stool, he took the basin and wet himself with water. With soap in hand, he began to lather as she taught, covering his body.

Tsunade silently observed his actions, concentrating more than usual. She watched as he soaped his arms, chest, stomach, neck, legs... Turning his back to her, he also soaped down there.

She was genuinely surprised by Yujin's physique. Although she had seen it before, and he had lost some muscle mass, every time she saw it, she found it impressive.

It was so sculpted that it didn't seem real.

"- Tsunade? Hey, Tsunade?"

She was so lost in thoughts that Yujin had to call her several times before she snapped out of it.

"And now?"

Taking a deep breath, she composed herself as best as she could. Realizing that he hadn't soaped his back, she hesitated for a moment, then approached, taking the soap from Yujin's hands.

"You forgot your back; let me help you."

Yujin wanted to say he could do it himself; he was flexible enough. But for some unknown reason, he simply watched her as she went to his back and started to lather.

The two remained silent, and several minutes passed. Yujin realized that she had already soaped him enough but didn't say anything. Finally, she realized she was done, stood up, coughed again, and continued as if nothing had happened.

"Now, you need to rinse off. Get into the shower and let the water flow over your body to wash away the soap and dirt."

Yujin gave Tsunade a strange look but followed what she said. He stood under the shower he had seen water flowing from before and turned on the tap. The water ran over his body, washing everything away. In secret, he opened the towel a bit and let the water fall there too, to clean it.

When he finished, Yujin looked at Tsunade, who was behind him. She had a strange expression, staring at him, but her mind seemed to be elsewhere.

Yujin ignored her expression again and woke her up. Again, she coughed, trying to hide her embarrassment, and spoke.

"Now, it's time for your hair and face. Let me make it clear; don't let the soap or shampoo touch your eyes. If it does, it'll sting. Lather your face, then rinse with water."

Yujin began to do what she said, closing his eyes as he applied soap to his face. Tsunade looked at Yujin's hair and approached while he had his eyes closed. She then started to undo the braids, releasing his hair completely.

"Now, the shampoo. Take a bit, not too much, apply it to your head, and start scrubbing."

Without Yujin needing to move, she began to scrub Yujin's head with shampoo. Slowly, she descended through his hair, also applying shampoo. Only now did she realize that Yujin's hair was much longer than hers; something that should've been obvious before.

"Run your hand through it; you can feel your hair losing its oiliness, right?"

Yujin ran his hand over his head, and indeed, he felt his hair becoming... drier, strange. After she had washed his entire hair, Tsunade poured water over Yujin's head, and the shampoo washed away.

"Now, the conditioner. Put just a little on your entire hair to make it softer and more hydrated. If you think you've put too much, take some off with water, and that's it; now you can get into the bath."

Yujin stood up, his hair taken care of, flowing down his back. As if remembering something, Tsunade quickly added.

"When you enter, take off the towel from your waist and use this one to dry yourself."

Yujin nodded as he received the towel and waited for her to leave the bathroom. However, when he saw her looking at him again, lost in thought, he chose to get into the bathtub.

He took off the towel before entering and got into the water, letting out a long sigh when he felt the warm water on his body.

He had never felt anything like this before, so he momentarily forgot about Tsunade, closed his eyes, and enjoyed the moment. Occasionally, he submerged his body in the water, wetting his head.

A few minutes later, Yujin felt movement and looked to the side to see Tsunade entering the water with only a towel covering her body.

"Don't look too much."

She said when she felt his gaze, embarrassed. Yujin averted his gaze and remained silent. The water rose a bit with Tsunade's entrance.

She didn't even know why she felt the urge to get into the water. She just felt like bathing with Yujin. Currently, she was trying to come up with excuses for her actions.

'I'm all sweaty; I need a bath. And it would be a waste to throw away the water. If I wait for Yujin to leave, the water will be cold. And I saw Yujin half-naked, so what's the problem with him seeing a bit too?'

There were dozens of reasons she could think of. Meanwhile, Yujin occasionally glanced at her, feeling something different that he had never felt before.

Yujin is a good, kind, and fair man. Because of his upbringing and the culture he grew up in, he had little contact with women. The women he had contact with were either elderly or children; rarely young, unmarried women of his age. All the young, unmarried women he had seen before in his world wore very conservative clothes that almost completely covered their bodies.

This was one of the strange things about this new world Yujin found himself in. Women wore more revealing clothes and weren't afraid to show a bit of skin.

Even so, of all the women he had seen so far, he felt no sexual attraction to any. He also felt no sexual desire even when he read all those sex scenes in the book he read before.

Not even for Tsunade; perhaps that's why she always felt safe around him, never afraid that he would attack her. Even when she got excited while drinking and ended up showing more than she intended, Yujin never had a reaction to her.

That's why Yujin was confused about the reaction he was having now.

He was trying to control the blood flow so that the reaction would disappear, but it was harder than he thought. The more he looked at Tsunade, the harder it got.

Tsunade noticed Yujin's strange reaction. He looked at her from time to time, then looked away, sometimes looked at the water, and then looked at her again. To distract him a bit from the situation, Tsunade asked something she had been wanting to ask for a while.

"My grandmother... Is she up to something?"

***

Below is just me venting. If you don't want to read, feel free to skip.

I'm trying to find a good Naruto fanfic to read, but it's tough. The last one I read, the author had the brilliant idea of creating a romantic OC interest. Guys, I have to state the obvious. OC in a fanfic is for when there's no character you like doing the role you want that character to play. In the case of a romantic interest, for example, if you're writing a fanfic set in the time of the Sage of the Six Paths, it's obvious that you'll need an OC romantic interest. Unless you don't want to do a romance or you're interested in weird stuff like gay incest between Hagoromo's two sons.

My point is: if you're going to write a fanfic in the original Naruto story, in the standard timeline with Naruto in it, for the love of God, don't create a romantic OC interest. Actually, don't create any OC characters, just the protagonist if you want. Why? Because there's no way you're a better writer than Kishimoto (or the original author of the fic you are writing). Not to mention that people don't need to think too much or pay much attention when reading about characters they've already seen in anime/manga. They can imagine the characters and their personalities. Having to build a character from scratch is a huge gamble that most likely won't work.

Sorry for venting to you guys. If you have any recommendations, please put them in the comments. I don't discriminate between harem or not, or if it has smut. If its Tsunade as the main heroine, only recommend a good one. I don't want, for example, something weird like Tsunade having sexual fantasies about her younger brother like I read in a fanfic once, that's just wrong.

36