Chapter 18  Oscar*
86 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 18  Oscar

 

It all started years ago, when I was just two years old. As curious a kid as I’m, I want to explore the unknown, even if it means going against Lhina. Back in the day, Lhina was way more overprotective than now, though that was a natural thing, as I barely turned two at that time.

 

However, with my teenage mind, my naughty side was bound to emerge. As Lhina was out for work, I swiftly sneaked out. Being an isekai lover as I am, I’m eager to see what my new world has to behold.

 

Unexpectedly, after a while of aimless sightseeing, I lost interest. This place won't be that much different from my past life. The only thing that separates it is that magic exists here. And the architecture was pretty much the same but gave off the vibe of a majestic Isekai building.

 

However, at that time, if I hadn't noticed it, I’d never have been able to get close to Oscar.

 

At the very corner of a building, a light was peeking out from an open door that was seemingly void of life. As if it enticed me, I inevitably entered within.

 

“Huh?"

 

Within the lifeless place, I found something that blew my mind. A bizarre sight lay before my eyes: a large pile of trash was scattered all over the place.

 

Was someone living here?

 

Such thoughts were soon answered. With the place being small, I can see the living room across from the door. There was a silhouette, and I couldn’t make out who it was, but it seemed to be a human male sitting on the sofa, solely focusing on the absurdly massive ty without noticing someone had already trespassed.

 

To think that even in another world, nothing would prevail. I’m also quite the same, but I know how to control myself and clean. Just what could get the man so absorbent? Turning my eyes to the monitor, I was struck by awe.

 

“That’s......"

 

A game?

 

With so many similarities between Earth and Araeh, I am already expecting to find something like this. Though I cannot help but be in shock and nostalgic, as it was the first time I had seen those graphics and animations since coming here, Lhina's house doesn't have any of those.

 

Captivated, I unknowingly stride toward it. Getting closer, I got a closer look at the men on the sofa. Slim body but looks kind of sick, hiding within a jersey. Raven hair and dead fish eyes of the same shade. He gives them the vibe of a gaming uncle protagonist.

 

Even if I’m standing this close to him, he fails to notice my presence. Vigorously spamming the controller in his hand with a disturbed expression on his face, leaking saliva...

 

What the fuck? That’s disgusting! He’s bad news. Just what is he on about?

 

Casting my eyes on the monitor. I found a familiar-looking game; it seems to be a typical RPG with superb graphics and complex mechanics. The protagonist was a hero in dashing armor, accompanied by his beautiful companions, AKA harem.

 

Despite the cliché, it still piqued my interest; after all, this is one of the genres I like. With the man getting wild on the sofa, I decided to silently take a seat on the floor beside the trash, ignoring the foul smell and focusing on the game.

 

Hmm... I can sense something dangerous about him, but I'm way too immersed in the game to care for it.

 

Nah, who cares?

 

                                                                                  ***

 

“Ora, ora, ora!!! kekkekekekek"

 

“Old man, it's almost there."

 

“Yeahhh!!!!!!"

 

“Ohhhh"

 

I've no clue how much time has passed. In a dark place like this, with only the monitor as a source of light, it's hard to tell what time it's outside. But I do know that I also started getting excited. Regardless, after a while sitting on the floor, I can feel my sore back and stiff lower back.

 

"Augh, my back hurts." Pulling myself up, I stretch my body.

 

Hmmm.... In the corner of my eyes was the same old man without tearing away his eyes on the monitor like a madman. It perplexed me—how the hell hadn't he noticed me? Despite how rowdy I was earlier, is he perhaps a man of focus and dedication?

 

“KEKEKEKKE," with heavy eyes, laughs in the most malicious way.

 

Curious about what he's on about, I turn back on the monitor.

Wha...?

 

There was a very interesting scene unfolding before my eyes. A silver-haired woman was covering herself; why is that? Her clothes dissolved, and looking closely, I found a big slime that seemed to be the boss. Good job, Mister Slime!!! Praising the slime in my head, I think back to what I know about this game so far.

 

It seemed to be a typical RPG at first, but I came to learn more as time passed. It has erotic visuals here and there; thus, the monster was quite a strange orc, goblin, and slime. Even traps are for erotic purposes, like tentacles and cloth dissolving liquid.

 

This game gives me a weird feeling. Just kidding.

 

I know exactly what it is. I just have the desire to act naive and innocent. This must be one of those eroges or something. Unfortunately, I never got to play one in my past life, so I’m going to enjoy this thoroughly as my resolution in this new life, even in the side lane.

 

Returning to my seat, I therefore forgot something.

 

 

--------------------

 

“Finally kekekeekkeke"

 

“Oohhh?! The demon lord's castle was here."

 

Who knows how long I have been here? But I'm certain the finale is right around the corner. An eerie castle was occupying the entirety of the screen. He's amazing; he speedruns the entire game vigorously, and his nonstop playing without taking his eyes off the screen paid off.

 

As the protagonist and his harem entered the castle, I glued my eyes to the screen, sensing that the final battle was here.

 

Thus, the final battle with the demon lord kicks off.

 

 

“Ahhh shit!!! ”

 

“Old man, the demon lord’s skill is coming!!! ”

 

“Oh, you’re right, thanks.”

 

“Old man, dodge!!!!!! ”

 

"Ahhh, fuck!!!! "

 

The scuffle was so intense that I couldn’t contain my excitement, and I started screaming myself as well. We even formed a team.

 

"Old man, the demon lord is entering his second form. Heal the protagonist; he received a lot of damage earlier!" I said, giving a warning to the old man.

 

The old man starts healing the protagonist while staring eagerly at a screen full of concentration. "Yeah, I'm on it."

 

As the visual animation plays, the demon lord's human appearance disappears, entering his second form. With the animation, controls were unusable.

 

“”Tsk, so you can’t attack it while transforming."”

 

We said it at the same time, out of frustration. It's a shame that it can't be attacked while transforming, so we instead prepare ourselves for what is to come.

 

The demon lord starts to be engulfed by a black mass, covering him entirely. A huge explosion occurred soon after that. The fading smoke reveals a dark, bulky creature with huge horns on its head. It's the demon lord's second form.

 

"Old man, its coming!!!"

 

“Ohh, we're going to win this!!!!! "

 

With the hero's recovered health and the recovered demon lord, who receives a power-up.

 

Here's the start of the second round...

 

“Old man, you can do it!! The demon lord only has 1% HP!! "

 

"Ahhhhhh, we can do this!!!”

 

“Just a little bit, old man!!!!!”

 

“Here I come!!!”

 

"Ahhhh, die!!"

 

"Ahhhh, die!!"

 

“Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa”

 

“Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa”

 

 

As if answering our ear-splitting scream, the hero delivers the final blow, ending the life of the demon king. Thus, those intense clicking and screaming finally came to an end. He did it.

 

“Old man, you did it!!”

 

"No, we did it," the old man said, suddenly picking me up, raising me high in the air, and having a triumphant smile on his face.

 

I grind while held mid-air. "Yeah, we did it.”

 

Celebrating our great achievement, we laugh happily together. Looking at him, he seems to be really happy; there’re even some tears in his eyes. Wait, there’s still something important that I need to know.

 

"Btw, old man?"

 

“I save the world, hahah—ahh, what?" His celebration was cut short by my inquiry.

 

Still being held mid-air, I inquired. "What's this game called?"

 

“Ahh, you don't know that? It's "sexy angel conquest," he said casually as if normal.

 

"It suits it after all; it has a lot of erotic scenes."

 

“I know right, I love it,” he agreed, grinning proudly at the same time.

 

I think I can be friends with this man. Wait—I still don't know this dude. I'm being carried by a stranger!? Being shaken by reality; recollecting my mind. Let's calm down. First, I'd think about what to do. Hmm, I guess I've asked his name first. After a long contemplation, it's actually short—that's the only thing I could think of.

 

"Old man," Awkwardly called for him.

 

"Yes, what is it?" he responds with a beaming smile.

 

Seeing that, I realized something. Don't tell me he doesn't realize it yet.

 

"Anyway, old man, what’s your name?" I ask while looking away from him.

 

"Ohh, I’m Oscarlaim," said this Oscarlaim, nonchalantly introducing himself.

 

Yup, there's no doubt about it anymore; this guy hasn't noticed it yet. Though it didn't take that long for him to realize something, he froze and gawked at me. Widening his eyes, he stepped back, letting go of me, making me fall in the process—but I landed perfectly; I'm not a normal child who gets hurt from falling at that height.

 

Looking at him, he seems to finally notice it.

 

“Who are youuuuuuuuu!!!!!!!"Oscarlaim exclaimed, pointing at me.

 

Man, you sure take your time noticing it.

 

Oscarlaim—let's call him Oscar for less bother. This guy sure is too dense. I also know another person as dense as you. Maybe you can be friends with him. Well, that's not important now. I'd like to introduce myself first. It's not good manners after all.

 

“I’m…..”

5