Chapter 26 Epilogue Moons Alignment*
107 4 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 26 Epilogue Moons Alignment

 

“Let’s hurry! It’s about time already!! ”

 

I said it enthusiastically. I gravitated forward with excitement, reaching my body.

 

"Be careful of your step," Lhina said gently as always. "There's still time before 12."

 

It's been a week since the relentless search for Euvialin. The day is finally here. A few minutes before the New Year, we're making our way towards the waterfalls. Though that's not the reason for my enthusiasm, this is an event that only happens in this world every 5 years.

 

Moons alignment.

 

An occasion where all six moons will appear in the sky. In legend, it is said to be seven. But there are only six. It's a shame I can't see seven. But I guess this is more than enough; I would be getting to see all six of them. It only happened once every five years. So this will be the first time I will be seeing it as well. Thus, I’m eager to see it.

 

A disaster befell me last week—I caught a cold. Lhifhina seems to be expecting it as well and is preparing for it. Thanks to that, I'm able to recover after a few days.

 

"Caru, you shouldn't stride too far," Lhina said, lowering her head to the left with a teasing look on her face. "Or else, our special company might fall behind."

 

“Aren’t those right, Euvialin? "She empathized, wearing an enigmatic smile.

 

That’s right, Euvialin was with us. She agreed to come with me on this day, though it seems she regrets it now. I can feel in her mana that she’s extremely irritated—it’s already visibly in her face. Why does she like that when with Lhina? It's plain obvious that she hates her.

 

And as for Lhina, I can tell that she really enjoys teasing Euvialin. It seems the two of them have some kind of connection that is unknown to me. It also gives me the feeling that they have known each other for a long time.

 

Well, anyway, let's leave them alone for a while. Something urgent needs to be dealt with swiftly. Someone is sulking, who shouldn't leave alone—our cute Cilestia is currently sulking. She’s in the middle of illuminating our way. With a few mana particles surrounding us as guide lights, she stood in front of us. But the problem is that she is too far away. Ever since that night, she hates being treated as light.

 

Can't be helped.

 

“I’m going to coax Cilestia a bit.”

 

Turning my back to them. I chase after my emotional mana.

 

 

                                                                     ***

 

Seeing Carus taking a distance, Lhifhina decides to have a chat with her little friend.

 

“Are you having a good time? ”

 

Though Euvialin ignores her in response,.

 

Her lips curl up in a grin. “How’s your day hanging out with Caru? "

 

“Normal” Euvialin responds this time without a change in expression.

 

Seeing Euvialin only responds to Carus-related questions. A meaningful smile appeared on her face. "I see, that's great."

 

"You also couldn't resist his normal charm," Lhifhina said, turning towards Carus, who seemed to be busy coaxing his mana.

 

Euvialin remains silent, but Lhifina already knows the answer.

 

"Others might think he only gets our interest because of his unique mana." With a drawn-out pause, Lhina let out a soft smile. "But for him, being normal and childish makes him appealing to us."

 

"Spending time with him makes us feel as if we're normal as well." Adding a few more words, she faced Euvialin. "Don't you think so?"

 

“Mhm-mmm"

 

This time, Euvialin expressed her appreciation.

 

Hearing that, Lhifhina becomes satisfied. "Take care of him, okay?"

 

Her tone was somewhat sad, making Euvian suspicious of her.

 

                                                                     ***

 

As we reach the falls, the moons have already started showing themselves.

 

We're sitting on the mattress Lhina prepared. Lhina sits on my left, and Euvialin takes my right since she doesn't want to be near Lhina. Last but not least—Cilestia. I'm holding her with my arms. Thankfully, we made up. All four of us were gazing at the sky.

 

A bell echoes in the surroundings, signaling the change of year. Countless fireworks explode, and gigantic magic circles take over the sky. And finally—

 

All six moons finally show up. Making the sky brighter: blue, green, purple, yellow, red, and the shattered white. I read in the book before that a fierce battle took place in space, which caused the white moon to be like that. What the heck is that only fierce battle?

 

But still, it wouldn't change the fact that what I'm seeing is.

 

“Beautiful.”

 

The aesthetic scenery is unmatched by anything I have seen in my entire life.

 

I guess the things that I'm going to look forward to in this world just increase.

 

Do those two also see this?

 

I hope they’re having a good life.

 

                                                            ***

 

A boy with pitch-black hair and eyes seems to be the same age as Carus, wearing luxurious attire. Staring into the sky. Away from his family. Observing the six moons that gathered in front of him,.

 

"Hmm, why does this look so familiar?” he muttered. “It’s my first time seeing it, right?”

 

As he contemplates, various images flash in his head. The same as what he is seeing now, but it seems to be inside a monitor.

 

“What’s that? Have I seen this before? ”

 

At that moment, a childish female voice called for him. "Big brother!! Let’s watch together!!!.”

 

Hearing his chestnut-haired sister. He decides to put aside his thoughts.

 

“I guess it’s not that important.”

 

                                                              ***

 

A muscular man with silver hair is also wearing luxurious clothes. Beside him was his golden-haired wife, in a grand dress. Both have a worried expression.

 

A maid approaches them. "My apologies, my lord and my lady; I'm not able to bring your child outside.”

 

The wife reassured the maid. "It's fine; maybe our child just needs time."

 

This time, the man speaking seems to be in pain. “It’s our fault for pushing it on our own child.”

 

 

In a certain room, sobs can be heard. A dark silhouette that seems to be that of a child buried its face in the pillow, soaked with tears.

 

                                                              ***

 

I reach out for the six moons. A year has changed. That day is already getting close to me, and I bet that'll be the last year I'm in this orphanage. Things were about to change; my real preparation will start now.

 

 

It doesn't matter if I don't belong in the original storyline. The hero loses because he lost the plot; I shall make a new one with the three of us for a better ending for all of us.

 

You two better be waiting for me. I will soon come for you.

 

This is just the beginning.

 

A saga that will span across the universes and will not cease until one of them perishes.

 

A perilous path across the star, how exhilarating… 

 

 ░▒▓░▒▓

 

Once again, it happens: splitting images cover my vision.

 

The moon is falling.

 

My peaceful days might come to an end.

3