Chapter 28 A Kid Should Be Forgiven
49 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A Kid Should Be Forgiven

 

There'll always be consequences, whether good or bad.

 

Supposedly, I've got an errand to run for Oscar. But I was so exhausted yesterday that I fell asleep instantly. Thus, I end outside again with Eu.

 

 

The moment we set our foot on an open place visible to eyes, eyes mixed with hostility swarm us. Obviously, my silent life was bound to change.

 

 

I wouldn't say I didn't once desire to be mysterious, like some sort of protagonist. However, now I have completely forgotten such stupidity, aside from being cringe in real life. Those guys in the novel inevitably attract attention, Euvialin...

 

“The ugly and the psycho are dating again.”

 

“”They dating, they dating!! ””

 

“Talentless, get away from her; you might get her infected.”

 

“Inept freak.”

 

Several voices burst out from the vicinity. Young voices come from children in orphanages. There's no adult around to reprimand them, but... That's much better—there’s no one to stop me if I beat the crap out of them. Heh.

                                                                                                                                       

But there's no reason to do that now. They seem to be focusing on me; I'm already used to these things; getting snap now would be stupid. Moreover, our solitary princess didn't seem to care about it either.

 

Marching straight, I ignore them, and Eu does the same. BUT—

 

Oh, they approach us. Did they finally decide to make a move, knowing that my mana was not deployed?

 

Normally, they can’t get close to me because of my mana’s intimidating pressure. Again, due to my unwanted plight yesterday, I have yet to recover my strength. But if they ask for it, I’ll kill them—beat them up, I mean.

 

A male demi-human brat with lion traits stands out and seems to be their leader. He has grayish-brown hair and eyes and fairly decent skin. Proper face with fierce eyes... If this brat grows up, he owes me a punch in the face.

 

Now that I think about it, this orphanage was a multi-racial place.

 

He looks awfully familiar. Is he one of the characters in the novel? No, I doubt it; I don't remember him; even if he is, if I forget about him, he's most likely not an important individual. Though I know him, everyone can guess his name.

 

Leo….

 

I feel sorry for his name, though that wouldn't change the fact that he's one of the talented kids in the orphanage.

 

Hmm, I wonder what this kid is on about. Now that I think about it, he's the one who said I should get away from Eu.

 

Heh 

 

It's pretty obvious what this is—he has a crush on Eu. MY, my, would you look at that? I want to shatter this brat's dream...

 

But I'm not in the mood to do that. I still have a task to do.

 

“Let’s go”

 

Grabbing Eu’s hand, who seems to be getting irritated by now, it's not visible on her face, but I can feel it. I swiftly drag her past the hindrance in front of us before they react.

 

 

"Hey, where do you think you're going?!”

 

“Don’t ignore us!!! ”

 

“Ugly, ugly, ugly Euvialin.”

 

“Ugly!!!”

 

“You will become uglier if you stay with that freak.”

 

My, would you look at this pitiful creature? They had already started kicking up the fuss. My observation is a failure. All of them seem to have a crush on Eu. The last voice seems to come from Lion Kid—a pathetic try indeed.

 

This much is expected. Eu is certainly above normal in terms of looks. This didn't happen before, as she's rare to see. But now that she is always hanging out with me, she has become visible to everyone on a daily basis. Naturally, kids would develop childish feelings. Moreover, they're using that old trick to get her attention, lol.

 

I turn toward Eu, who's being dragged by me. "Don't worry about that; you're beautiful," I reassure. "They're just saying that to get your attention."

 

Teasing your crush will get her attention. This brings back a pleasant memory of my childhood. I used to do that before as well in my past life. I let this one slide.

 

"I don't really care about that," Eu said dispassionately.

 

Then what were you getting irritated about earlier? It's an unvoiced question that doesn't really need an answer.

 

“Is that so? ”

 

Dragging her, we continue on our way. But a presence was approaching us on our backs. I immediately turn back as soon as I detect it. I know it’s not a threat, but this is quite interesting.

 

A hand grabs my arm, the one I'm using to hold Eu. Hesitating in the last second, whatever, to grab Eu’s hand.

 

As I turn toward the source of my hand, a sneer naturally forms on my face. "Pathetic."

 

***

 

“Pathetic.”

 

Lion face craps hearing my snide remark. “What did you say? No wait, don’t you dare ignore us.”

 

I narrow my eyes' bored of this bullshit. "Hands off; it's natural not to notice pests."

 

“I’m not talking to you!!! ”

 

You have the audacity to say that when you are basically grabbing my arm? 

 

He turns towards Eu, who’s not even looking at him. Blushing like an idiot, he stutters his words. “Yo, you should get away from him. It will make you ugly if you stick with him.”

 

What an amazement! You're beyond pathetic. And what's the logic of that? Eu didn’t seem to be enjoying it as well. I can still resist it, but his next words put me on edge.

 

"You as well; you're inept; get away from her; you will infect her," he demands. "Just play with your ugly mana.”

 

“………….”

 

I shrug off his hand that is grabbing me in a way that will surely cause him pain. I take a look at Eu in the corner of my eyes. She seems to know what I'm about to do but doesn't have the intention of stopping me. The corner of my lips rose up.

 

I have a great friend indeed.

 

The lion kid backed away, grabbing his hand in pain with tears in his eyes. "What's that for?!! Do you want to get beaten up?!"

 

This brat is still quite innocent; however, that will not absolve him of my hatred. I have been irritated since earlier, and this fucker dares to call my Cilestia Ugly.

 

 

A kid's mistake should be forgiven, right? They are still yet to realize their actions.

 

But…

 

Ain’t I a kid as well? Ohhhh, God! Forgive this kid!! Ghahaahhahah!

 

I enhance my body with mana, like earlier. The lion kid seems to sense it and has put his guard up. A good sense is befitting for a beast man. But—

 

I close the distance in a second, planting my fist in his abdomen. Not being able to comprehend what's happening, he's blown away, landing almost lifelessly on the ground, spewing saliva. I'm glad it's not blood; I don't know what to do if it's going to happen.

3