Chapter 28 A Kid Should Be Forgiven (2) 
86 4 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A Kid Should Be Forgiven (2) 

The bystanders become relentless when their leader is defeated.

 

But I’m not done yet.

 

As he tries to pull himself from the ground, I kick him right in the face to help him.

 

I don't know what face I'm making, but I can sense a wide smile on my face, and judging from the bystander's expression, it's definitely not a good one. He threw a punch in retaliation, grabbing it with my left hand. I used it as a handle, sending several blows to his face until his nose bled.

 

The lion falls on his knee, making it perfect to stomp on it.

 

“Kekeke, bark, you fucking dog!!! ” 

 

I’m a racist!

 

I threw my arms wide open, chuckling madly. Man, I feel so elated. Did I reawaken my dark side?

 

A strong force sends my foot away. Lion got back from his feet, jumping away from me, roaring with a face contorted in pure hatred.

 

“How dare you!!! I will make you pay!!!!! ”

 

This much is to be expected. He possesses the body of a beast-man lion.

 

Heh, interesting. Now that I can beat you up more, it’s nowhere near enough with your transgression.

 

“Arhhhhhhhhhhhhhh”

 

Accompanying his battle roar, his body begins to change. His muscles swell up, and his animal traits become much more visible. A reddish-brown light starts to ooze out of his body.

 

What is it called again? Beastification? Whatever it is, this is—

 

Cringe…

 

The iconic shout of transforming... But I don’t need to shout to power up. I will give you more taste of Cilestia power. 

 

That light has an aura. The power that builds up within the aura core is the power of a warrior. Our protagonists used that as well. I don't have it, nor do I want to acquire it, to keep my mana’s purity. No power source can coexist with my mana without dropping its quality—well, maybe there’s one now.

 

But know this: Aura is not anti-mana.

 

A beautiful light emerges from my body. An unmatched light of condensed mana that the lame light of this lion kid can’t dream to reach.

 

Realizing that my mana was slightly brighter, a grin emerged on my lips.

 

I see, so you’re having fun as well, huh?

 

Lion-kid seems to be taunted by it, roaring once again and lunging towards me.

 

Heee…it’s futile.

 

Augmenting, with only a handful of magic circuits on my right arm and feet for holding back, I kick the ground, flying toward him.

 

“Die!!!!!”

 

Seeing his unrecognizable face say that makes me chuckle. “Fuck you! {Bobo}(Idiot)! ”

 

Right before his claw and my fist collide, a disgusting sensation creeps out of my body. I immediately planted my right foot on the ground, making a sudden break. Barely avoiding the predicament, I silently watch the idiot lion that is still charging at maximum speed.

 

Uurgg!!!”

 

A loud sound reverberates as he squashes his face. With a clicking sound, several amber glasses emerge, dividing lion and me. With his face pressing on a transparent glass, lion makes an embarrassment of himself. I could already hear the laughter in my surroundings. 

 

Barrier.

 

Seeing it in front of me, I retrieve my mana, whereas lion does the same.

 

If I remember correctly, it's a sustainable type of barrier; it will continue to repair any broken piece of the hexagon as long as it's provided with a sufficient amount of energy. In short, it's a weak barrier that can't be compared to Eu’s barrier; I can break it with a flick of a finger.

 

“You mustn’t fight with that much intent; what if you end up hurting each other? ”

 

A voice emerges in the surroundings, cutting my thoughts; at the same time, the kids around start to sing praises.

 

A well-mannered voice with caring gentleness in a manly tone seems to actually care for us.

 

Turning toward the source of the voice, my face cramps in dismay. As soon as I realize who it is, Eu reacts the same way. No wonder I got disgusted when I sensed his mana. To my surprise, lions have the same expression. His clan has a good sense of danger; maybe he knows "that" as well.

 

Slightly long, dark blue hair and eyes. A good-looking guy with a gentle expression, which seemingly gives you the vibe that he's harmless, but that is just the pretense; this guy is a con artist. Just like the cliché where characters that look the most harmless end up being evil, it’s the same case this time around. This dude in front of me is full of bullshit. Unfortunately, he's the head of this orphanage.

 

Charles

 

“Sir”

 

“Mister”

 

“Sir Charles”

 

The kids around him swarm him as they notice him, with glittering eyes. Making a noise, leaving us aside.

 

After greeting the kids, he turns toward us. “As for the two of you, may I know the reason behind this quarrel? ”

 

Both lion and I ignore him, but the kids around bark instead.

 

"It's that freak's fault."

 

“That freak hit Leo.”

 

“Right, right”

 

“He hit Leo.”

 

These brats seem to eagerly want to pin me down. 

 

"Kids, you shouldn't say something like that," Charles said gently. As if he's taking this matter equally.

 

Just standing in front of him makes me want to vomit. Even lion clicks his tongue. Maybe lion is one of my people?

 

Pushing aside the other kids. Charles approaches us. “You two shouldn’t fight like that,” he said, lecturing us. "Leo, you shouldn’t use beastification on people, and it puts burdens on the user if it is used prematurely."

 

Lion turns away with a disgusted expression. "Tsk, I don't want to hear that from you."

 

Ignoring the lion's remark, he turns towards me. "It's the same for you," he said while having a gentle expression, but I didn't miss the moment it changed. "But I must say I'm impressed; you're able to sense the barrier before it has been deployed."

 

He said he was truly impressed while canceling his barrier. But I can feel it—curiosity is engulfing him. Fuck, luck is not on my side.

 

He seems to be aware of my wariness, backing away for a moment. “Back on the topic, may I know the reason why the two of you fight? ”

 

I’d like to say this idiot has a crush on my Eu, but I don't like getting interrogated by him, so...

 

"Oh my!!!" I make a worried expression to the best of my ability. "With all your respect, headmaster, I recurred for you to wear glasses. This was no fight at all; we're simply playing."

 

Yes, playing, the first one to blast the other's face wins. I think I’m winning, though.

 

Hearing my sarcastic response, Charles, his eyes twitched. "Anyway, the two of you shouldn't hurt each other."

 

Before I'm able to say anything, Lion has already yelled at him. "Can't you see it? We're not in dispute anymore."

 

"I concur; there's no need for this to go on anymore."

 

"We're done here; let's settle this later," Lion said, putting on a smile before turning away.

 

Hmm, I see. You also like it when someone agrees with you about hating this bastard. In that regard, we were friends. The enemy of my enemy is my friend, was it?

 

A grin surfaces on my face. "Yeah, this can be settled later." Turning towards the orphanage's head, I lower my head. "Well then, if you excuse us." 

 

"Let's go, Eu," I said. Dragging Eu, who still seems to be dissatisfied with the orphanage's head,.

 

Lion and I reach an agreeable conclusion. Leaving the head hung, wearing an awkward expression.

 

It's supposed to be concluded, but—

 

This bastard...

 

I can feel his gaze on my back. I attract unwanted attention. This required extra preparation.

 

Hmmm, am I forgetting something?

 

3