Chapter 29 Coffee
61 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Coffee

 

“Nom…nrg..Brat! You're—nom, too late. Nom, I almost die from starvation.”

 

"Yeah, yeah, my bad. Troubles came by one after another yesterday and the day before that, so I forgot about it."

 

As I smashed the buttons on the controller, I justified myself while Oscar devoured all sorts of food so loudly that I couldn't focus on playing.

 

“Oi, did you also forget your manner? Stop talking while eating! "

 

Getting hit by my word, Oscar eats silently, thus I resume gaming, recalling why things come to this.

 

I was supposed to deliver Oscar a ration of food the other day, but because of unexpected predicaments, I completely forgot about it. The moment I realized it, I immediately picked up his food in this building's kitchen. Things didn't end there; Oscar welcomed me with hollow eyes and a dry body.

 

He didn't eat a single thing in the entire 2 weeks for the sake of grinding. And the reason that he's able to eat now is because I'm grinding now on his instead to compensate for being late. That was also the reason we're near each other, so he can monitor his game.

 

“Oi, kid, if you're a few minutes later, I'd have died by now, you know? How could you forget such a crucial thing? "

 

Oscar, who seems to be recovering now, berates me dramatically.

 

“I apologized, ok? That’s why I’m here early in the morning.” Retorting back, I hand him the controller.

 

As if it's his default, he resumes playing as if nothing had happened. "Just what's the reason you forgot it? You seem to be pretty irritated as well."

 

"You know, right? A monster corrupted with Leyline appeared."

 

"Ah, that's. I heard that from the vise-head. I'm going to clean it up after I clear my game."

 

"Also, there's this stupid lion... but to think that bastard headmaster would also show up."

 

“I see…..”

 

I noticed Oscar's hand freeze for a bit, then keep silent. It was he who broke the silence as well.

 

“Can you clean my place for me again? " ”

 

“I’m not your fucking errand runner!! ”I exclaim, sneering at him.” Ain’t I just delivered your food and piloted your game just so you can freakin’ eat!!! ”

 

“Haha, no need to get hostile; there’s a reward for you, kn.”

 

“Fuck you!!! ”I curse Oscar, cutting his words. "Do you think this was a goddam game where I'd have no choice but to do the quest?"

 

“Hahaha…you seem to be irritated this day, though I assume you will need a place to hide that from vice-head detection." Oscar cast his eyes on the thing on my lap.

 

"Your birthday was near, right?" he clarified. "I'm sure it’ll be useful to you. Ah, don't forget to wash the dishes." 

 

{"Tang ina mo."}

 

"Huh, did you say something?"

 

"You, son of a bitch!"

 

".................."

 

What happened in the kitchen crossed my mind.

***

"Hmmm, where the heck is Oscar's food?!"

 

As my search around the kitchen was fruitless, I grumbled to relieve my frustration. This was in an adult dormitory, unlike the kitchen where kids live. I'm not familiar with this place, as we're forbidden here. This time, I've got permission.

 

I realized I forgot to deliver Oscar's food again. Thus, rush here early in the morning while Eu tags along.

 

 

Usually, I wouldn't do something like this without a return if Oscar asked me to. However, it's not Oscar who asks me. It's the lady, one of the cooks at the orphanage; she said Oscar hasn't eaten for weeks. She gives me leftovers sometimes, so I should do a little for her in exchange, right?

 

Something I believe in my past life. I'm kind to those who are kind to me. I'm not a good person, but I appreciate others' kindness toward me. If there's something I can do for them in return, I will do it. It's pretty simple, isn't it? Well, I'm content being me.

 

“Where the heck is it?! ”I inquired in annoyance as nothing but the kitchen utensil entered my sight.

 

“Have you checked this place? ”

 

The one who answered my query was Eu, who was pointing to a certain drawer. It was a surprise she accompanied me this early, though I'm grateful.

 

But looking at the drawer, she points at it. A sign clearly says: beverage powders, written on it.

 

“……”

 

 

I doubt I can find it here. But I wouldn't say anything; she might sulk. There's no choice but to check its content. Gripping its handle, I dispassionately open it. Uninterestedly scanning its content.

 

But something within it blew my mind.

 

Life flashed before my eyes as the memories I happily spent with that "thing" resurfaced in my mind.

 

This is—

 

Does Eu know this since the very beginning? If it is, I couldn’t be more grateful.

 

Without thinking, I unknowingly express my gratitude towards Eu without tearing away my eyes from this thing in front of me. "Eu, thank you; I love you.”

 

 

Tears flow from my eyes, completely forgetting my errand.

 

I finally found it.

 

This is the thing I have been searching for my whole life in this world.

 

The thing I love first, even before anime.

 

The thing I always loved in my past life. Something I have already loved since my childhood. In my whole life in this world, I finally found it. 

 

The thing that I love the most.

 

“I finally found you.“

 

KAPE~

 

(AN: Coffee)

 

***

 

"I'm almost done here; make sure you're not tricking me," I demanded as I suspended the last bag of trash mid-air using my mana.

 

"Have some faith in me, will you?" Oscar said, but he didn't bother to look at me.

 

Heaving a sigh, I used my mana to throw the trash outside through the window, as a bin was waiting right below it.

 

Clapping my hand to dust off, I step closer to Oscar, outstretching my hand. “Now. If you don’t mind, ”

 

“Fine, fine, you don’t need to hurry.”

 

Oscar didn't take his eyes off the screen, though a dark, eerie mana sip in the air was creeping into my body just by sensing it. It’s the same mana I always sense in Oscar, but I didn’t expect it to be of this caliber.

 

Above all, it's also black, the same as that dumbass.

 

Space magic—a special space...

 

As a black mass appears in front of me, a glistering item emerges within it. The moment I grabbed it, the black mass dissipated. It was a silver ring with unique engravings. I realized something the moment I took a closer look at it.

 

I glare at Oscar. “oi!!! Isn’t this an old issue? It's basically antics! "

 

It was an old storage ring, which existed in the past. It didn't have any futures that my rings possessed. It doesn't have a floating window, which sorts the item, nor a self-sustaining mana amplifier.

 

It's an antic used a thousand years ago. You need to input magic into it and think about the object you want to store or take out.

 

Despite my argument, Oscar lightly dismisses it. "It wouldn't be an issue; I believe it will be of use to you. “With confidence, he also adds. "Also, since it barely has mana, it’s most likely undetectable, and on top of that, you will be the only one who will know its content. Vice wouldn’t have an idea of its content.

 

 

I guess now that he said that it was viable, and it's not bad to own an item that only existed a thousand years ago.

 

"I see. Thanks for this," I said, keeping it in my pocket.

 

 

“No problem…”

 

We might turn silent, but there's still something hovering in my eyes.

 

Special storage... despite how advanced the magic is here. It’s still highly sought-after magic, and it's rare to think Oscar can use it. He's not a character in the novel, but I got the feeling there's something about him.

 

“……….”

 

Despite keeping his eyes on the screen, Oscar felt my gaze. "Need anything else?

 

After a short sigh, I shake my head. "…nothing."

 

“Hmmmmm." Oscar seems suspicious but keeps muted.

 

 

Well, I doubt it’s something I need to ask now.

 

Rummaging my pocket, I pull out a black pocket watch with a bluish design. It was a pocket watch I also received or something like that. I'm searching for some stuff at home.

 

Thud!*

 

The crashing sound of the controller cut off my thoughts. Gazing back at Oscar, he drops his controller; his eyes are about to fall out of their socket. He's looking at the pocketwatch in my hand.

 

I hugged the pocket watch to mess with him. “It’s mine…”

 

"Idiot, I don't want it!!!" he exclaimed, flustered. It was a bit fishy in my eyes.

 

“Then what? ”

 

“Where do you get? ”

 

Little confused, I respond without much thought. "I don't remember; I just somehow found it." I’m trying to recall it, but my memory is hazy. “Lhina and Eu said I managed to fix it, so Lhina gave it to me as an early gift for my birthday.

 

He broke into laughter, shaking his head. "Haha…this kid…you really have strange luck.”

 

“You see, if you know something, why not say it? "I got the feeling that this was something special, which drove me to be impatient.

 

"Don't worry, it's nothing." Oscar picks up his controller, thus continuing the game.

 

I can feel bulging in vain in my head, but I find comfort in gazing at my jar of coffee sitting on the sofa.

 

Heaving a sigh, I pick up my jar filled with coffee. "Oscar, can I borrow one of your mugs?"

 

“Sure, but wipe the drool from your face.”

 

Oops, I didn't even realize it.

New chap tomorrow

 

3