Chapter 30 No Coffee
67 4 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

No Coffee

3rd person Pov

“W-what...why are you doing this? This can’t be?! ”

 

Early in the morning, screeching filled a modest house within the orphanage.

 

“I must; you've been consuming too much of it.”

 

A gentle-looking woman with silver hair that turned green at the end. rebuke; holds a jar containing brownish-black powder inside it.

 

“Lhi, LHina…. You can’t do this to me.”

 

A child with black hair and a bluish streak on it whines. He collapsed to his knees, slumping his shoulder and breaking into tears.

 

“Mmmm… Caru, this is not something to cry about,” said Lhina, perplexed, watching Carus continue to display his unwillingness. 

 

 

“P, please don’t take it away from me, Hic, sob, sob,” Carus desperately pleads. "MY COFFEE!!!!"

 

"No, it might cause harm to your body," Lhifhia refutes, but slightly looks guilty. "You just refilled it yesterday, but there's barely anything left."

 

A few days ago, Carus found coffee at the facility. Claiming it as his beloved. Lhina soon discovers it, but lets him keep a container full of coffee. But that was a misjudgment of her. She didn't think Carus was so addicted to it that there was barely anything left. The container is by no means small; it's bigger than her hand. Which frightens her. Moreover, it's black coffee; Carus drinks it regardless of whether it has sugar or not.

 

Lhifhina once tried to put milk in his coffee. But Carus was too sensitive, and he protected his coffee. Saying things such as “It will taint my sacred coffee or milk is disgusting. “Before she can still make Carus drink milk—a little forceful. Though this time Carus prevents her by all cost of serving him milk.

 

“W, Why? Lhina? ”Carus inquired, staring at her with teary eyes. "Don't take it away from me," he pleaded, making a face as if the world were about to end. "I'd been searching for it my whole life."

 

"You're exaggerating." A bit guilty, she forced some words out. “Just bear with it for a while, okay? ”

 

Carus's eyes lose their light. He lifelessly falls down on the floor as his world ends. Seemingly lose hope.

 

Lhifhina’s face contorted, full of guilt. She really didn’t want to hurt Carus like this, but if he couldn't control his addiction to coffee, it might bring harm to his body. It's not like he possesses a strong physique and immune system like others. His body was that of a normal child. He can't just casually drink coffee like that.

 

If he just didn't find it at all, things like this wouldn't happen. Lhifhina thought, slightly displeased.

 

Originally, LHifhina knew Carus's addiction to coffee beforehand. She was already prepared for it. Purposefully keeping coffee in place, Carus usually hangs out. Even going so far as to threaten Oscar with drinking coffee near Carus. But all of her effort goes naught because of one person.

 

If she just didn’t get involved

 

The calm voice of a feminine child reaches Lhifhina’s ears, making her frown.

 

"Hmm, a little indulgence wouldn't hurt, wouldn't it?” 

 

Yeah, you; if not for you, Caru wouldn't have found coffee. Lhifhina thought, shooting a glare in the direction of the voice. The one to blame for this predicament for this is the person who knows Carus's desire for coffee other than Lhifhina.

 

A girl who seems to be of age near Carus’s. Silver hair, which turns purple as it goes down, is tied in braids. avoiding the floor as if floating. And now such a girl was already seated beside the fallen Carus. Holding her knees as she rests her head on them, staring at Carus's face.

 

“Eu? ”Carus muttered. Light once again resurfaces in his eye, finding his savior.

 

Euvialin nods, "Heh,” giving Lhifhina a composed look.

 

Lhifhina’s eyes twitch. You’re enjoying this, huh?

 

Euvialin knows how to tempt Carus in time—when he's downhearted—and exploit it to irritate Lhifhina. Irritating the always-calm Lhifhina was a great achievement of happiness for her. They might have gotten closer now, but they continue to annoy each other. No one knows why. But the best way they annoy each other was—Carus.

 

Euvialin caress Carus hair. “Why not grant his wish? Don’t you also wish for his happiness? ”

 

"Mhmm,” Carus agreed, frantically nodding his head. "Lhina, please... coffee." Holding out towards the container, not pulling himself out of the floor.

 

 

 

Hmm, he really is crying. I guess he really loves coffee. Euvialin thought, thinking back to what happened a few days ago.

 

Euvialin intentionally pointed at the drawer where the coffee was placed, knowing it was there. Carus often whimpers at her about how he doesn't like milk. And I heard his solo dialogue yearning for coffee. “Maybe I should do something for him this time," she assumed at that time.

 

Ever since hanging out with Carus, that was the first time she did him a favor. And she didn't regret that choice. She watched Carus act as a child, jumping in joy as he got hold of coffee. As if a child gets his dream toy. But—

 

Aren’t you drinking too much of it?

 

But thinking rationally, Carus’s excessive consumption of coffee is not good. So this time, she decides to make a truce with Lhifhina. She looks at Lhifhina and seems to get her intention.

 

It pained them in the heart to see Carus cry, but they made a decision.

 

***

 

“Huh….? Who might this be?

 

In a vast land of nothingness, but a white space. A woman was floating in the air, holding her chin. Her origin is unknown, as is her appearance, but she seems to be known by others. Yet such a mysterious person was thinking deeply. Mumbling to herself.

 

“Hmmmm….I don't remember….is he also a character in the novel? .”

 

Entering a deeper thought, she rolls in the air. Rummaging her memory. In a few moments, her eyes widen.

 

“Ahhh!!? "She scratches her head awkwardly. "To think I would also forget it, like him..." Heaving a sigh, she laughs dryly.

 

“That child is a relative of that person, ain’t it? ”

 

"To think we forget something like this." A smile resurfaces on her lips. "Idiot, it seems we are the same in some parts."

 

Her eyes shine, as if the world were reflecting in her eyes. She gazes into a faraway. Closing her eyes, she chuckles.

 

“I see”

 

The future will change with that little interference. He didn’t even need to do anything this time. It’s just a mere coincidence of encounters. And you have already established a route toward her. To yet another ridiculous person, a person who can help you with your plans. Moreover—

 

—"It's another silver-haired woman!!!!!"

 

“Do you like silver hair that much? Are you intentionally picking it up? ”

 

Sigh

 

Well, there's nothing else to do but to observe for now."

 

Your plan was to drag them near you. A chaotic plan involving a large number of people—whatever their origins are...

 

Most of them are women, you know? 

 

It looks like nothing, but you are building a harem. 

 

Her lips curl up into a meaningful grin. "No, that’s definitely one of your plans.”

 

“Just keep a place for me, okay? ”

 

She gazes at a floating sphere, displaying the mature Carus running away from home.

 

“Also control your coffee addiction.”

 

 

 

***

 Carus Pov

 

What is fulfillment? —

 

I don't know—I failed to achieve it this time. Losing the thing you have been longing for that you finally attain. It's the feeling that you're better off dead without it. As if your soul is in the middle of nothingness. After losing fulfillment, you finally hold on.

 

Why, why. Why? Is fate getting in my way personally? 

 

I drag my heavy body towards the vast forest, looking for the meaning of life. I wander aimlessly with a blank mind guiding me. Grieving over the great loss. Complaining powerlessly, no—perhaps looking for an answer.

 

“How can they do this to me? ”

 

“How can they take something so precious to me? ”

 

After aimlessly wandering around for a minute, I heaved a sigh. Blowing some steam. What am I doing? It seems I'm becoming an idiot day by day. I even ran away from home.

 

Yes, I ran away from home. Seeing Lhina and Eu come together to separate me from my beloved coffee pains my heart. A really childish action of mine, albeit my age in my past life. But I guess this is much better. If it were me in my past life, I would probably talk back with no respect. That’s how I've been in my past life. I’m not a perfect person with a foul mouth. But—

 

I’m glad I didn’t talk like that this time. Maybe I’m subconsciously changing myself. Seeing that it’s my second life, I want to change, even if it’s little.

 

However

 

“This is just too much!!!! ”As I scream, the disturbance and its cost to wildlife can be felt. “Why do they need to keep me away from coffee?" 

 

 

“It’s my source of life!! ”

 

It's by no means an exaggeration. Around the same age in my past life, I already loved coffee and refused to be separated from it. I can't take a new day without coffee; such a day shouldn't exist!!!

 

Since coming to this world, I have needed to endure a day without it and even force myself to drink milk. I had been searching for it without availing myself of it for all those years; I almost thought that coffee didn't exist here. And yet, I finally found it.

 

I enthusiastically drink it non-stop. I also thought that drinking a month's worth of coffee in a day was too much, but I couldn't help it after being separated from it for a long time. I couldn't stop myself.

 

But I lost the fulfillment I finally attained. But I have a backup plan. I just need to go to a separate place. The usual spot was no good. I will be found there easily.

So that's a good place, huh?

 

hehe

Daily chapters until the end of orphanage days. (not a good idea)

2