Chapter 36 Into the Darkness (3)
46 4 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Into the Darkness (3)

 

"Ha, ha huff..."

 

Catching my breath, I hide behind a tree. Laying on my back, I gaze at the arsenal in my hand. The only slingshot I've got, now with its base snap-in haft and the rubber in a terrible state. Opening the window of my storage ring, I throw the slingshot in, thus inspecting for anything else to use.

 

Aside from my training metallic ball from Lhina, there are 8 more to use: 5 metallic spicks, metallic dust, shattered pieces of blades, 3 knives, one short sword, and those.

 

My eyes land on a certain thing that I acquired not long ago. I once asked Oscar where the maintenance room for weapons was. I got most of my stuff from there without asking for permission, obviously, and this is one of them.

 

"Hmmm...should I use it?"

 

I used most of my resources by taking down a few drones earlier, and the remaining supply wouldn’t last longer either. I’m not hesitant to use it; to me, it’s much more efficient to use it on people, as it’s much harder to deal with them than with a drone.

 

My mana was well hidden, but those pieces of junk metal had sonar and a lot more ways to locate me. Most of all, machine guns on both sides make the situation more despairing.

 

Sigh. I doubt this tree would have much help in concealing myself.

 

As though to mess with me, a hail of gunshots rang out.

 

“Tsk! Fuck, I shouldn’t even think about it!!! ”Throwing my body on the ground, I barely avoided bullets that pierced the tree. “Not holding back, ain’t they? ”

 

Those shots were meant to kill me, proof that they've no need for me. I wouldn’t be surprised if those drones have thermal sensors at this point.

 

“We know you are there!!! ”A familiar commanding shout came from the same direction as the bullets. “Don’t make this hard for yourself, brat! Tell us where the girl is! ”

 

Hahaha, this Dumbass. I can't help but laugh in my mind; he just confirmed one of my concerns. There's no doubt that they have no clue that Eu already escaped. As I thought, the barrier was to isolate this place from the outside and vice versa.

 

“Brat!! Don’t make me repeat myself. Come out!! ”

Yup, I think that voice was from that pig. I can’t recall his name, though, or I just don't know it. Sensing my surroundings, there seem to be several of them and dozens of drones surrounding me. Seeing that they got this close undetected, the foreign power in the surroundings certainly hindered my mana ability.

 

This is exhilarating; I can't give up now, do I?

 

Pulling out three metallic balls, I concentrate my mana on them while augmenting my body and taking a charging stance.

 

There are only three drones at the front. I can make the run for it.

 

Charging forward, I throw the three metallic balls charged with mana from my hand; guiding them with mana, I aim for the lenses of drones which are supposed to be its weakest part. As I heard the creaking sound of broken electronics, I shifted more mana on my lower part, making the run for my life.

 

“Damn!! After him!!!! ”

 

I can hear the pig’s frustrated voice from the back. I can't use the mana sea to its full capability due to the foreign power. But more than enough to avoid bullets.

 

Tsk, if I've got more time, I can get used to it. I prepare myself for a common counter for mana, not for this!! The hurdle was too high for a beginner.

 

BANG!

 

As I envision, bullets come after me, and thanks to my preparation, I’m able to swiftly escape each bullet. The drones were also catching up, sensing lighting elements from the nearest drone. I twist my body, firing another charged metallic ball.

 

Seeing that the metallic ball pierced the drone through its lens, I returned from running.

 

I was able to destroy a few more drones, though it didn’t take a while before I reached the end of the rope.

 

 

“Haha.” Surrounded by several men with the remaining drones, I couldn't help but laugh drily in a miserable situation. No, remaining supply, ain't plot armor supposed to be activating by now?

 

While I'm having unnecessary thoughts in a situation like this, a hushed voice from a fat man who has been trying to catch up intervenes.

 

“You fucking inept brat!!! How dare you make things hard? ”

 

Sneering at him, I gave him a sarcastic remark. “You should be grateful; I just gave you an opportunity to lose weight.”

 

Thus, I received a kick right to my face due to the strong force I had been sending flying a meter away, giving me my first physical pain in this world.

 

“Urgg…”

 

As I groan in pain, the same bastard grabs me by the neck, dragging my face close to his.

 

“Do you think you can get uncaught for messing with an adult? I can kill you right here right now." Tightening his grip, he continues, "Where's the girl before I kill you? "

 

Despite his threat, a memory suddenly resurfaced in my mind.

 

***

A conversation that takes place in my past life with my older brother, whose face I can’t remember anymore.

 

“Hey, if we really got Isekai someday, would you kill someone if the situation called for it? ”

 

It was a sudden question, but for some reason, my answer was confident.

 

“Huh!? Obviously. We're not naive protagonists whatsoever; instead of getting killed, I’ll kill. I couldn't wait to be half dead or for others to die just to power up and kill the enemy, you know? ”

 

“Same, have you thought that maybe you're losing something in your head? "

 

“Are you really asking that now? ”

 

"Hahahahaah....."

 

***

 

 

It’s not an overly dramatic flashback, but it’s the best I can get right now.

 

Yeah, that’s right, I’d never hesitate to kill, nor would I wait at my dead door to power up.

 

However, I am merely waiting for the perfect opportunity, and that time has come.

 

To think you're dumb enough to drop your defense because you’re dealing with a kid...

 

At that moment, an image of me with a gun in my hand full of blood all over the place flashed in my head.

 

“hehehe…”

 

Glitting from a golden metallic surface, the bullet shines like a precious jewel. The astonishing light of my mana encircled the bullet with a single flick of a finger to blast a color in the night.

 

"What are..."

 

Die….

 

 

***

 

3rd person pov

An explosion of terror comes from a dazzling light; the moment it catches the eye, blood splatters. The shell of a destructive bullet falls to the ground. With their attention diverted by the scene, glistering metal dust takes their sight away.

 

A man who managed to protect his vision became the sole witness to a massacre no one would believe. The kid who was supposed to be being strangled was now standing in front of their fallen leader, whose head had been blown apart.

 

With a sinister smile on his face, his mana wreaks havoc on his surroundings. It can only be described as nothing but sheer ominousness, sending shivers even to those who have lost their vision.

 

A sword appeared in the kid's hand, taking advantage of his comrades' lost visions. He rendered them asunder. As if the cries of agony were merely melody to his ears.

 

Paralyzed with fear, he watched his comrades get decapitated. He knew he was the last one left, with a surge of panic and despair. He reached for the fallen tablet of his comrade, directing the remaining drones to kill the real monster in front of him.

 

“........."

 

"Monster! I didn't know an orphanage had monsters like that!"

 

Running for his life to report to his superior, several explosions can be heard from the direction he is running away from.

 

With one last explosion, blades passed him, cutting him all over. Ignoring the pain, he persisted in running again.

 

“Argg”

 

Before he knew it, pain tore his chest. A metallic pole mercilessly pierced his body into the ground. Losing the strength in his body

A cold voice reaches him.

 

The message of death.

 

"Haha, I'm afraid. I don't feel anything from this.”

 

As the kid emerges from the darkness, and his eyes glow, the blue moon peaks out from the dark sky. Even in the darkness, light will emerge.

 

Light from an exploding bullet.

 

Despite being triumphant, Carus jumps back, summoning more bullets and firing them at the maximum rate.

 

From the shadow, several monsters that are similar to the one that Eu's defeat fell. However, it has the form of a wolf and is weaker. Did Oscar miss some?

 

No, this is.

 

Bullets appear in thin air, one after another. With their explosion in sync, bullets fly like shooting stars.

 

The loud sound of collations can be heard from a certain part of the forest where no light has reached. The amber light of the barrier emerges, followed by a familiar voice.

 

"From 10 barriers, none left, killing several humans, although it's a copy to kill monster I made easily. Exhilarating, I thought there was something in you, but you had more power than I imagined.

 

"Those are 50-cal bullets, you know? Are you still alive?"

 

Charles himself shows up with an obsessed grin on his face. "I sense a distortion in the barrier a set earlier. I doubt Euvialin was still around here; I assume you’re also the one behind it. As expected, you’ll be a good subject replacement.”

 

Without bothering to respond, Carus was about to attack, only to be restrained by a rock formation that drained his strength. As the mana around him dissipates, the light from his eyes also disappears, thus his consciousness fades.

 

***

 

Eu arrived at the terminal. A woman with dark blue hair she didn't know recognized her.

 

“Euvialin? You’re safe.”

 

Taking that into consideration, the EU asks for their help. "Please, help my friend!!!"

 

“Don’t worry, you’re safe now with us. “

 

“If you don't, I’ll save him myself.”

 

Sensing the atmosphere on Eu, they decide to help.

2