Chapter 1 I want to get isekai’d (edited)
386 5 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 I want to get Isekai'd

 

Happiness is a life; a life without happiness is not a life.

 

Senselessly utter stupid things while I powerlessly drag my feet, devoid of any life on my face. I’m just your average, functioning adult in society—an office worker in his twenties. Beyond being exhausted from hellish work with no end, I've only been freed when the next day has come before the sun rises, in a dark hour.

 

I don't even know what time it is now. But my only desire was to have some cuddles with my bed. Maybe I would check out some manga or catch up on some anime. With heavy eyes, I notice a silhouette in my hand.

 

“Hmm….right, now that I think about it.”

 

Seeing it, I remember what made me go on in life.

 

“Grand Worlds Saga.”

 

It's a role-playing game that I've been immersed in. Grand Worlds Saga, or GS Saga for short.

 

You can experience a lot of things: exploring the world, fighting monsters, making stuff, and adventuring. On top of that, you can party with beautiful girls in the game, saving the heroines and adventuring with them—although it was a gacha—you need to draw to have them.

 

But since I live alone, unfortunately, I can spend real money on games. The gacha might be a pain in the ass, but there's another good thing about this thing. There's an adult version where you can do kinky things with the heroines, but let's leave that for later.

 

However, that's not the main attraction of the game. In this game, you can even explore other worlds. A ridiculously huge game that blew the whole game industry away, having an unimaginably enormous map, each world that the game contains has a large map.

 

A fantasy world is different from what you imagine.

 

The world of Araeh, where technology and magic already thrive, renders your knowledge useless. Things, as you usually expect, were already engraved in the past. A flourishing world where it's legal to travel to other worlds while humans live longer.

 

Offering technologies that far exceed what Earth can offer. Enormous metallic airship that you can use to travel the sky. Space to venture into space, and teleporters to another world.

 

In the game, you can buy one and ride it; I spend a lot of real-life money on it just to buy a lot of it—just like how I've done in a sexy swimsuit for the heroines.

 

I know, I'm quite a pervert myself. But I can't help it, right? I'm a healthy adult in my twenties. I never had a girlfriend, neither in my school days nor in my work days as an adult. I was a lonely person without any experience, despite being an adult.

 

It’s quite hurtful if I think about it, but that doesn't matter as long as I have ‘Grand Worlds Saga and the Heroines’. Well, that's what I'm even saying.

 

If I think about it again, the world in this game is much more advanced than Earth. 'Mechs'—those things exist in the "Grand Worlds Saga." Not only that, but 'mechanical monsters' also exist, making the game harder.

 

Controlling the protagonist, the main character of the game—the hero, saving the world—and other worlds from different enemies from monster to human until the demon lords to gods!!!!!!

 

Really, a game work of art!

 

But, like others' opinions, I also think that the plot has a lot of holes. Like how heroes have existed in the past, according to lore, they're summoned from another world. There's also the most loathed hero among them, and an obnoxious world they hate the most.

 

There are a ton of questions I have; maybe this sequel will answer them all.

 

However, how they funded this game is still a wonder.

 

It’s fine, as long as I’m enjoying it.

 

Yes, the game in my hand is the newly released sequel. I brought it along the way.

 

I've already completed the first one several times. Getting all the hidden pieces and storyline perfectly. By no means easy, but my love for this game is stronger. The final boss of the first installment was Dope. I am dying to know what surprise this has for me.

 

"I hope I get transferred inside the game," I murmured, wishing for the impossible.

 

But that wish can wait until later because, more importantly, the game in my hand is the second sequel to the game. I'm excited to go home and play it. If I weren't in public, I would be jumping with joy.

 

"Wheehehhe, it seems I won't sleep tonight."

 

A chuckle, horrible enough to scare passersby, escaped my mouth.

 

"You don't need to sleep; you're going to wake up anyway.”

 

I can notice people beside me giving me a painful look. I paid it no mind; with an exhausted body, all I cared about was playing this game.

 

Passing the people around, I walk through the sidewalk to get to the other side. But a strong light blacks out my vision. I cover a portion of my eyes to take a good look.

 

“Hmmm…A truck?”

 

Why the hell is there a truck at this time and place?

 

No wait, I need to move my body...

 

What?

 

I can't move my body. I wanted to move aside as soon as possible, but my body wouldn't listen to me. Maybe my body is so exhausted that it can't move anymore.

 

Ah, shit—

 

I’m done for

 

I don't want to die a virgin.

 

I still want to find a girlfriend, date a few times, then marry her, have a child, and die together.

 

Shit, even in a time like this, I’m thinking stupid things.

 

Hmmm? Is this….

 

Everything slows down, as if the world has stopped.

 

Is this what they call life flashing before your eyes? As I was thinking about that, I saw the game, and I just bought it in my hand—'Gran World Saga’

 

At least let me play. I don’t want to die without being able to play it.

 

The light perpetually grows closer—the truck is getting closer.

 

Is this the end?

 

God! At least let me play it!!!! Begging the god for the last time, I heard a few screams around me. My vision grew darker and darker until I lost consciousness.

 

When I open my eyes...

 

 


 

 

A strong light flashed in my face, causing my eyes to shut. As I sprawled out on the sofa, I was directly exposed to the light above me.

 

I mostly sleep on the sofa placed in the living room, so the light would directly hit me. I don't feel bad sleeping here; more like, I enjoy my place here. Well, it's quite nice here because I'm alone. What's more, I can enjoy the night sky through the window.

 

Regaining my sight, I heard a familiar voice.

 

“You’re still awake?”

 

"You as well," I responded, grinning lightly.

 

The person who appeared was my older brother. This often happens late at night; we are both night owls. He turned on the light, which had previously been off, which blinded my eyes.

 

"It's already morning, you know?"

 

“Sun yet to rise; it’s not morning yet.”

 

My older brother sneered. "There's only a few hours left before sunrise."

 

“I’m going to wake up anyway; I don’t need to sleep.” I proudly declare it, in the middle of my snickers.

 

"Fool, neither am I, haha."

 

"Let's brew coffee; it's not like we're planning to sleep."

 

“Sounds good……….”

 

After brewing a cup of coffee, we sit across from each other, enjoying our coffee.

 

It was my brother who broke the silence first. “So what’s going on to stay up this late?"

 

Picking up my phone, I showed him an illustration. "Remember this? ‘I got reincarnated in my favorite game with the game system and explored other worlds’.”

 

At once, every line on his face tightened, yanking his attention away from the phone.

 

"What? You're reading that cursed item again?" He looked at me in disgust, shaking his head. "Ain't that shit traumatizing both of us? Or are you into that kind of thing now?"

 

“The fuck are you saying? Is that something to say to your brother? "I squinted my eyes in revulsion. “Of course not! I'm only planning to read it until the first half; I just feel like there's something I need to review."

 

Unlike me, my brother erases this novel from his mind once the heroines start dying one after another.

 

In the second half of this novel, the sequel to the game is supposed to take place. The MC, oblivious to the terrible ending of that game, sank into the very depths of hell. He found the answers to his questions, though in the most horrible way.

 

I initially thought it was the peak of the climax, though the end was so horrible that I might wage genocide. So my brother's reaction was pretty much acceptable.

 

"Review?" This time he only squints his eyes. "What is there to review? It's certainly good, though it went downhill. Disgusting wasn't even enough to describe it."

 

"As if I don't know that, I don't know what the fuck is wrong with the author's head, and he does that."

 

“Wait, I heard the final chapter was released this morning. How was it?”

 

“Worst than anything you could imagine.”

 

"Uwaa, don't even try to tell me. Is that the reason your phone's screen has visible cracks?"

 

Feigning a cough, I tactfully shift the conversation. "Well, the author is really the one to blame. All fans turned against the author. Some tried to send death threats, but no one was able to figure out his origin."

 

"Yeah, also, he's rather eccentric. A fan asks the author’s location, but the response is total bullshit. I don’t even belong in your world HAHAHAHA. Something like that…”

 

I wouldn't say I'm that fan.

 

"Maybe that's intentional, knowing how the story ends up." My brother paused for a bit before looking up. "But man, I really want to get isekai’d!”

 

Hearing my brother's silly wish, I broke into a grin. "Well, it's not like Truck-kun will fall above our heads."

 

“Hahaha, that's true."

 

"I really want to get Isekai, even if it’s in this novel.”

 

The moment those words left my mouth, my older brother widened his eyes. "Did you finally lose your mind? You know well enough how that world got fucked up!?"

 

"I know, but reading it again, I realize there is a way to change that."

 

“Huh? A way? That world basically had two protagonists but still met its demise."

 

"Trust me, there is... a rather cliché stereotype way and boring. Though it's worth the shot."

 

"Huh? What are you talking about? Reversing time was literally impossible in that fantasy world; there's no turning back in that place."

 

"If I got there around the same time as the Mc, it's possible."

 

“Hoh? What is it?” He raised one of his eyebrows, but his eyes overflowed with interest.

 

“Power of friendship!”

 

Thud!

 

I didn’t think it was possible, but a strong blow hit the back of my head before I saw it.

 

“Is something wrong with your head? You don’t even like that kind of development!”

 

"Do you need to hit me for that!?" I rub the back of my head, glaring at my brother, who hit me. "Who cares about the method when the fate of the world is at stake? Besides, I also want to save the hero."

 

“Huh? Ahh! You mean the original protagonist?”

 

“I used to support the Mc of the novel when he beat the crap out of the hero, but now all I can feel is regret and guilt.”

 

“Ain’t you taking this too seriously?”

 

“Haha, anyway, to save Araeh, you need the power of that person; besides, the hero never deserves any of 'that', and..."

 

I'm about to open my mouth, but my cup of coffee enters my sight—it’s empty. "Time to sleep."

 

I had left my brother mid-sentence, and now silent darkness accompanied me. The beautiful sky outside the window keeps me company. Just like that, even if I drank black coffee, I almost instantly lost consciousness. Though the truth lingers in my mind...

 

Review my ass! In the end, I couldn't find a single hint in that damn novel.

 

The hero’s plot hole... Just what is the reason behind that….?

Add a few details to correspond with the new prologue.

10