Chapter 8: Fortress of Solitude
83 4 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next morning, Dane and Clark bid farewell to Martha and flew to the North Pole.

Dane knew only that the ship was in the Arctic Circle, but he didn't know exactly where it was.

But it wasn't a big deal; Clark had X-ray vision, and the ice obstruction was mere decoration for him.

Still, Dane had used the tracing charm to roughly delineate the area. In less than an hour, they found the spacecraft, located about 300 meters below sea level.

Clark was excited, and upon seeing the ship, he had a strong feeling that it belonged to his family.

If Dane had known what he was thinking, he would have agreed with his instincts.

According to the DCEU setting, this research ship belonged to the ancestor of the El family, Kara Zor-El (not Supergirl).

It was one of the first Vanguard spacecraft sent by Krypton 20,000 years ago, during its initial stages of space exploration. Although it sounds ancient, the level of technology aboard it still surpasses that of Earth in the present day.

Before arriving on Earth, the ship had data on at least a hundred thousand planets.

At this moment, Dane had a thought: he wanted to learn the AI tech knowledge of this ship.

"Solomon's wisdom" granted him intelligence and learning abilities far superior to those of normal people, and it is not a pity that it wasn't AI.

Although he is a god on the magic side, it doesn't prevent him from learning AI technology.

The upper limit of power scaling is higher in the DC universe, and Doctor Doom of Marvel next door has even reached the multiverse level. It can be seen that the prospects for utility are wide.

Clark's heat vision cleared the way, and he saw a ship that resembled a beetle. It was frozen in the ice from top to bottom, but the hatch was wide open.

Perhaps sensing that someone was approaching, a half-meter-high operating platform floated on the door.

It was a small robot with a small hole in the shape of a diamond triangle in the center.

Clark looked at the thing thoughtfully, unaware that something like a robot floated behind him.

But Dane was not; he raised his finger, and the blazing lightning flashed away, instantly piercing the "robot.".

That's when Clark looked back and saw the robot with a hole in it. He turned his head and looked at Dane gratefully.

"Protect yourself; you're not the owner of this ship yet."

Clark took out his command key inside a port and pressed it again. Suddenly, the two of them felt the entire spaceship power up. Clark lost his thought, and Dane reminded him at the right time.

"Clark..."

"Oh, yes."

Clark came back to his senses and hurriedly said to the operating platform, "No signals allowed; stay by!"

The light on the ship lit up and then went dim again. Clark looked at Dane with an inquiring expression.

Dane gave a thumbs up. At this time, a third person suddenly appeared in the field of vision of the two, standing there quietly watching them.

"Did you see that?" Clark pointed there, his tone incredulous.

"Of course, my eyesight is good."

Dane nodded; he knew that person was Superman's father's hologram. They watched the man stand for a while, then suddenly walk toward the inside of the spaceship.

"Please wait!"

Clark chased after him, and Dane followed. The man seemed to guide them until he ushered the two of them into the cockpit, where there was a one-seater driver's seat.

Clark searched for a moment but couldn't find anyone, and the cabin suddenly became empty. The man who had just led them here was standing in the middle, as if he had been there all along.

He looked at Clark, and there was unconcealed love in his eyes. He looked at Dane again, as if to gauge whether he was a threat or not, but he let his guard down.

Because Clark took the initiative to introduce Dane: "He's my friend, Dane, and you are..."

Clark was afraid to ask his relation, but the man gently said what he did not say. "I'm your father, Carl."

"I'm glad to see that you're an adult, and if only Laura could see it with her own eyes." Even though he already knew it from Dane, Clark was still excited and asked, "Who the hell am I?"

"Your name is Kal-El, and I am the artificial intelligence hologram of your father, Jor-El, or you can also say his consciousness, his memory."

"I have a lot of questions I want to ask."

"Of course, I'll answer them all for you," Jor-El Al said, and the nanomaterials behind him began to combine to form the shape of a planet.

"First of all, I would like to introduce you to your planet, Krypton." Clark's eyes widened, like those of an elementary school student in class.

Dane knew that this was one of the most important moments in Clark's life, and he remained quiet and unobtrusive.

"Krypton's environment is much harsher than Earth's. Once upon a time, during the Age of Expansion, our race traveled the stars in search of new habitable planets.

Countless ships have been launched into space, and this one under our feet is one of them. We set up outposts on planets and designed large machines to modify the environment according to our needs."

We set up outposts on planets and designed large machines to modify the environment according to our needs."

Zod is probably working on this thing in those outposts right now.

"Our civilization continued to flourish for a long time, performing many miracles until..."

"Until what?" Clark asked impatiently.

"Until we carried out a reform and began population control, countless outposts were abandoned."

What Jor-El is saying here is subtle, but Dane is well aware that the so-called reform is actually a huge civil war.

At that time, the Kryptonians could hardly find an opponent in the known universe, and even strong forces such as the Apocalypse Star and the Green Lantern Legion could only avoid their edge.

The strong Kryptonians don't know why the civil war began, and this war took a long time, and countless Kryptonians died in the war.

Finally, one day, the Kryptonians had enough, began to reflect, and reformulated their laws.

They pre-designed the social division of labor for each newborn and determined the future social role from birth.

The implementation of this law is a foreshadowing of the evolution of Krypton in the later period.

Jor-El continued to speak. "We're running out of natural resources, and the planet's inner core is starting to become unstable.

Finally, our military leader, General Zod, tried to change the situation through a coup d'état."

One thing to note is that although Dane didn't like Zod's approach, he thought that Zod was right at the time.

It is obvious that the Kryptonian Council cannot solve the problem of the destruction of Krypton, but by prohibiting Kryptonians from immigrating, they essentially condemned their people to die together.

Zod's attempt was to save the world. Although he also coveted power, there was nothing inherently wrong with his actions; his only mistake was that he failed.

"Your mother and I foresaw the end, so we managed to get you here."

With that, Jor-El began to move, leading Clark and Dane to the Creation Vault. It looks like artificial wombs hanging like grapevines.

He began to tell Clark about the fate of the Kryptonians, instilling in him the idea of free will.

The 25-year-old propadend listened patiently. Dane could tell that Clark was convinced at this point. He was sure that if Dane suggested confronting Zod now, Clark would follow without hesitation.

In terms of persuasion, Jor-El had to be a super father, and Dane felt his own approach lagging behind.

Finally, Jor-El opened the locker beside him, revealing a blue suit with a red cloak. Jor-El explained the meaning of the "S" on the chest of the El family, symbolizing hope.

Clark picked up the suit, feeling a bit embarrassed. Just as he was about to put it on, he paused and turned to look at Dane.

Dane rolled his eyes before saying, "Alright, I'll go out and wait for you."

With those words, his down jacket suddenly transformed into a red battle suit. "Suits, like, who doesn't have them?" Clark shrugged and continued to get dressed.

Jor-El watched with a kind face, feeling relieved. At least Carl still had friends, and he wouldn't have to be alone.

8