Night Wars – Part Six
37 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Fafnir raised her shoulders up. "Stupid fools, be ready to face the wrath of a legendary dragon now!" The moon paled against her armor. It was comparable to just another rock in front of her enchanting presence. She flicked her wrist, causing two gold chains to shoot out towards Daliwang and Wukong.

Wukong tried moving herself away. She couldn't. She felt stuck in her place. "Is this the feeling of inevitable defeat?"

Daliwang's eyes grew bigger in resentment. Resentment towards himself. Resentment towards everyone and everything. "Two defeats in one night?! What kind of warrior am I?!"

"Ms. Fafnir, stop!" A young energetic voice travelled across the field. Her chains halted themselves just an inch away from touching Wukong and Daliwang.

Both turned their heads, following the source of the voice. It was a young boy with a beaming smile, and messy red hair. His jade green eyes shimmered and shone, as he said, "It's not good to fight the weak, Ms. Fafnir."

Fafnir sighed in resignation. A series of uncomfortable traumas flashed before her eyes. "Yes, master." She rolled her eyes, groaning.

Wukong whispered, "So, this is its summoner? This boy doesn't look much older than twenty. Why would he want the lamp now?"

The boy waddled his way to Fafnir, wearing his smile. He laughed wholeheartedly, then looked at both of the defeated warriors. "I am Fujiwara Zai," he said in an electric voice. "I am Fafnir's summoner. Sorry if she bothered you both. I really apologize."

Fafnir grew red from anger. She stomped her foot on the ground like an enraged bull ready to tackle a car. "This monkey is the lamp's guardian. Unless I defeat it, we have no chance in getting our hands on it!"

Zai raised his eyebrows. "Really?" He studied Wukong from top to bottom. "She's cute." 

Wukong was taken aback. "Never thought I'll hear that in my thousands of years of existence." She took a few steps back, as her face flinched.

Daliwang crossed his arms, standing in a corner alone. He banged his head against a wall. "Everyone just forgot I also exist here."

Zai said, "Also, I don't want the lamp anymore. My only wish was a beautiful girlfriend. Now that I have found you, Ms. Fafnir, I don't want it anymore!"

Fafnir facepalmed. Ships of discomfort had sailed over her smug like a brutal conquest. "Such dimwit!" She roared, "I would have killed you as the punishment of turning a legendary dragon into a woman, but I physically can't. Fictions disappear as soon as their summoner dies."

She pointed at Wukong with determined eyes. "Even if this half mind doesn't desire the lamp anymore, our battle is far from over. Whatever chance I'll get, I'll crush you, Monkey King! I want the lamp for myself."

Zai was stunned. He grabbed his chest, smiling wider. "My, my, this is Monkey King as a woman?! I am getting lewd thoughts-"

Fafnir tied him up her chains, elevating him above everyone. He was tied so firmly he couldn't even move a bit. She growled, "Why I had to get the worst summoner!"

***

Daichi flicked his wrist very nonchalantly. His fingers bursted in flames, dancing and crackling in shades of orange and red. He made up a fist of them, facing Shinzo with a narrowed down vision "Because my magical skill is..."

The flames blinked away from existence with a blue flash, leaving behind azure sparkles in the air. "... Magic nullification."

Shinzo's eyes grew bigger with the revelation sinking in between them. He clenched his fists up in disbelief. The emotion of utter disbelief had born in him. "How is this possible? Isn't the definition of magic, to control what is already controlled by humanity as a whole?"

He thought, "Guns, flames, metals, all can be manipulated through magic because humanity as a whole can control them. Anyone can shoot from a gun, anyone can light up a fire, anyone can bend metal. That's how magic works. That's how I thought it worked until now. Magic nullification? What's that supposed to be now?!"

Daichi's unimpressed eyes were long gone, dead. A lively energy had sparked in them now. He was feeling devilish. "Are you scared now? Man Of Thousand Skills means nothing when all of that just doesn't work on me!" A true demon who'll readily eat another demon, his presence cold as ice, he smiled.

Shinzo's lips curled up with a little satisfaction. His warm brown hair further messed up with the wind running through them. His eyes had grown wild. "You certainly do live up to your reputation and popularity," he said.

"Though," Shinzo continued, "In those thousand skills, it's not all magic that I have."

The fire from the previous truck blast raged on behind him. The shadow on his face lightened up with craze and manic. Megumi was lying on the road, unconscious, just a meter away from Shinzo's feet.

Daichi clenched up his fists, too. He lifted his head up in pride. Pride in his combat abilities. Pride in facing such an opponent as he was facing this night. Shinzo did the same. 

Both walked towards each other, calculating and measuring each step and distance in the mind. Each foot placed was deliberate and planned. Their eyes were locked up with the keys molten in their burning passion to confront each other.

Both passed by each other like two swords striking the lightning bravely. They both stopped in their walk. Shinzo said, "I am a world class martial artist, too."

Daichi chuckled. He couldn't hold that one in. "Is that so? Am I supposed to be scared?" A defiant smirk played on his face.

Both of them swiftly turned ninety degrees, facing each other intensely. The air grew significantly thicker. The inky shades of the night became sensable to them. Shinzo smiled. "No, you are supposed to be dead."

1