Night Wars – Part Five
56 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Wukong and Daliwang, both while raised high up in the air, were tied by chains. Fafnir chuckled at the sight of seeing both of them, once two valorous warriors, be defeated against her. "So pathetic. So ridiculously pathetic to see you both like this. I expected more, in my dreams."

Her smug shone brighter than her own armor. "Now, go six feet under!"

The chains tightened up. Daliwang and Wukong both glanced at each other in pain. The chains chimed in a series, taking them down in splash. Bam! The ground shattered, causing a huge crater to form.

Both of them lied inside, defeated. Wukong coughed up, holding her chest tightly. "Bull Demon King..."

"Sun Wukong..."

"Any plans?" She was really desperate in her tone. She leaned forward, coming inches away from his battered and bruised face. She said, "You were a demon king, weren't you? You might know a strategy or two against such foes."

Daliwang's head fell down in self-deprication. "No," he said. "I have fought my fair share of rivals, but none of them had these unbreakable chains power."

"Yeah, I was there with you most of the time. This is something... unique."

Daliwang's eyes lightened up. His horns gleamed under the moon. "Unique, you say?" He stood up, firmly holding his banana leaf fan. "I have a plan."

Up above the crater, Fafnir was smiling while looking down. It was hard for her to see, as the dust blocked her view, but she could only imagine how pathetic her opponents might be looking right now. "Haha! Just one more strike, and they'll be gone for good. That's what they get to touch a legendary dragon like me!"

She felt a little wave rippling throughout the atmosphere. She looked at the crater more carefully. Whoosh! The dust blasted away in a grand shockwave, causing a storm of smoke to cover up the entire battlefield.

"Assassination tactics?" She wondered. "Everyone knows these don't work against mighty dragons like me!"

A punch came her way from her right. She dodged just by an inch, shocked. "They are taking advantage of my obscured vision." Another punch from left, she dodged again. Another punch, another dodge. A series of punches and kicks were launched at her from all the possible sides. Albeit a little disorienting, Fafnir was keeping up with grace. It was like an enchanting dance performed to please the gods.

One punch landed on her face. Her eyes grew out in disgust. Another punch hit her, shocking her to the very core.

From all sides of the obscuring smoke, punches landed on her like a nonstop rainstorm. Bam! Bam! Bam! Bam! Bam! With each punch, her unconscious reduced and her disdain only rose. 

Fafnir smirked. A chain grew out of the ground, wrapping one incoming silhouette swifty. She laughed. "Got you, Bull Demon King!"

The mist faded away from that region. Daliwang was there, tied on all four limbs by the golden unbreakable chains. Yet, he smiled. "Ruyi Jingu Bang." Wukong's staff was in his hand. It shot out, increasing in length.

Fafnir barely dodged the lethal strike. It pierced through the surface of her flawless neck, forming a slight cut. Blood flowed out like water. She was amused. "You swapped weapons?"

She could sense it, that just above them was Wukong, holding the banana leaf fan. Wukong smiled with eagerness of victory. She lifted her hands up, then swung the fan with all her might-

Fafnir's chains caught her midway. They wrapped her thin wrist tightly. Their chance of victory was robbed once again.

Unbeknownst to Fafnir, there were many Wukongs all around her. Some behind the walls, some above the roofs. Some standing casually on the road, while only one tied by the chains in between all of them.

They all smiled together. Daliwang closed his eyes, already tasting sweet victory. Fafnir's amusement turned to bewilderment.

Wukongs said in synchronization, "If you weren't this self-entitled, you would have had time to understand other people's fictions. In 'Journey To The West', Monkey King can create clones of himself through hair strands. Isn't that convenient?"

All of them had a banana leaf fan in hand, firmly held with resolution. They all swung the fans with full force, together. The wind around them circled and howled like a wild wolf.

The scene turned into a devastating maelstrom, destroying the road beneath them in shatters. The air blasted up in a great tornado, swallowing Fafnir as a whole.

In an explosion of raw force, all the wind blasted away in a shockwave rippling throughout the atmosphere. Everything got crumbled to debris. Wukong rejoined into one being. She sighed out of relief, falling on her knees. She was exhausted.

Daliwang threw the staff back at her. It made metallic sounds, rolling back to her with loyalty. He said, "It was my idea. Praise me later."

"By later, it means, I will never."

"Thankless monkey!"

The tempest calmed down slowly. The wind relaxed, turning stagnated. Wukong and Daliwang both widened their eyes in horror. The ground beneath their feet slipped away. 

Fafnir was standing there calmly, unscathed. She wasn't looking much pleased after surviving being caught in a tornado. She was pissed at both of them. "You really thought that plan would work? Pathetic animals. It was nothing but a circus entertainment for me!" Her smug reappeared.

1