Night Wars – Part Four
65 6 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Daichi had came outside the flipped car. Behind him was standing Megumi. Both were scared, obviously. The demon who ate other demons to reach at this place, Kawashima Shinzo was standing in front of them.

The flames crackled and danced behind his back. His warm brown hair floated in the cold wind passing between all of them. Shinzo asked, "What is that what drives you, Kobo Daichi?"

"What..." Daichi was confused. He had readied his hand to pull his gun out anytime. Shinzo asked again, "What is your motivation to take this job, to protect the lamp?"

"Money-"

 Shinzo closed the gap between both of them in blink of an eye to land a brutal punch to his face. Daichi shook, falling away. Shinzo said, "It's not money. Stop lying."

Daichi wiped off some blood drooling from his lips. He smiled defiantly. "If you are that much of a psychic, guess yourself."

Shinzo sighed. "You are a true enigma of a man. Kobo Daichi, someone like you must be motivated by something that is not material."

"Right on that!" Daichi pulled his gun out in a swift move, pointing it on Shinzo. The latter was unfazed. Daichi continued, "My Fiction is goaled to protect the lamp no matter what."

"'No matter what'?"

"We can't take chances, can we? How would one decide if someone's worthy or unworthy of using such limitless potential? One evil man, one evil wish, and we all would be done for. I used my Deal Card to set a quest for my Fiction. It'll not allow anyone to use it!"

Shinzo's eyes widened upon hearing this revelation. "No way..."

"Yes! Not even the Arislaws themselves can use it! If no one can use it, no one can misuse it, right?! Whoever will try to lay their hands upon it, my Fiction would obliterate them. Even you!"

Shinzo waved his hand in the air. His fist flicked, commanding the flames behind him to rage on. They conjugated together, swirling into a dragon head made up of dancing fire. "Let's test why you are so popular, Kobo Daichi."

***

Wukong ran through the road, jumping and leaping around. Chains composed of gold followed her fast, crashing around in metallic sounds. She slid, dodging three chains moving above her.

"This is getting overwhelming."

Fafnir was in the middle of this storm of gold. She waved her hair around, smiling knowingly. "It is so pathetic, you both trying your best to come equal to me. Truth is, both of you combined wouldn't even touch my knees."

Daliwang appeared behind her. He raised his hand, swinging the fan- his hand got caught in chains. He was shocked. His only weapon got negated so easily. His opponent was just on a whole another level. He was frightened for that one moment.

He tried breaking through them. He roared like a beast in ravaging hunger. All this effort meant nothing in reality. Fafnir touched his forehead, wearing a beaming smug. "You can't break them. These are unbreakable by magic."

She said, "Stupid humans believe that magic is only limited to what humanity as a whole has mastered. That's just skill issues to be honest. My magic level is so high that I can create unbreakable chains, that not even the combined might of all nine realms could scratch!"

She ducked. Wukong was above her, swinging her staff. It cut through empty air. Two chains blasted up, shooting Wukong away. She rose back to her full height, tied tightly by chains on both arms. 

Fafnir smirked. "I captured the monkey, too. Seems like, I can build a farm now. A monkey and a cow!"

Daliwang shouted, "I am a bull, not cow!"

"Same thing." Fafnir raised her shoulders, dismissing him. 

***

Shinzo waved his hand in the air. His fist flicked, commanding the flames behind him to rage on. They conjugated together, swirling into a dragon head made up of dancing fire. "Let's test why you are so popular, Kobo Daichi!"

The fire dragon propelled towards Daichi. The road beneath them scorched, turning black and red. The air sizzled as the dragon opened up its fiery maw, and swallowed Daichi whole.

Megumi ran towards the dragon hastily. She was concerned, maybe with a hint of fear. Shinzo punched her in the chin, making her fall unconscious. "Sleep. I need you to know the location of the lamp." He grabbed her by the neck.

The dragon composed of flames started extinguishing. Shinzo was surprised. This wasn't his work. His eyes widened as he saw that spectacular sight. All fire died down, letting out a flood of cold wind. In between all of the smoke, Daichi was standing, unharmed.

His eyes were as unimpressed as ever. He scratched his head, further messing his black hair. "Not even a scratch."

"H- how?" Shinzo's eyes dug themselves into his skull. His lips curled up in an insane smile. It was madness in that face. "How did you do that?"

Daichi waved his hand in the air. His fingers bursted in majestic flames. He made a fist of them, facing Shinzo with narrowed down eyes. "Because my magical skill is..."

The flames blinked away from existence with a blue flash. "... Magic nullification."

1