Night Wars – Part Three
66 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Fafnir was radiating an aura of regality. Her flawless skin, and golden armor, both shimmered and shone like pearls beneath crystal clear water. She said, "I would like both of you to step aside, and let me take that woman."

Wukong appeared just a meter in front Megumi. The latter was startled, falling back. Wukong readied her staff, pointing it at Fafnir. "I can't. As the hero of heroes, it's my duty to protect others. And Arislaw Megumi-" She glanced at Megumi's concerned face. "-is like my sister."

Megumi's face lightened up in happiness. "Really?" 

"No."

"What do you mean, 'no'?!"

Fafnir raised her shoulders, dismissing whatever she heard. "Blah blah blah. Monkeys should be in zoo, or jumping on the bed, only to fall down. Why are you trying to be this hero of justice, animal?"

Wukong tried to be as focused as she could be. It was getting harder and harder for her. Fafnir's majestic presence was a sight to behold, driving anyone to drop their guards entirely. Utter beauty she was.

Then she heard: "Sun Wukong, let's join forces for once." It was Daliwang, standing on the other side. He looked dead serious. Wukong was surprised by this proposal. "Wha-"

"I may hate you, and hate getting defeated by you, but I hate Fafnir more. I hate those who interrupt great battles," He declared with an erupting passion like blazes sprung out of hell.

Wukong nodded. Fafnir studied both of them with her heterochromatic eyes. "Join forces? But you both have zero force. Zero force plus zero force is still, in fact, zero." Her smug was evergreen.

Daliwang waved his banana leaf fan. A maelstrom blasted at her, turning all the ground in its way in dust and debris. It hit Fafnir, hurling her away.

Fafnir had lost her sense of direction for a second after that impact. When she got it back, Wukong was just above her, ready to stab her staff in her heart.

Fafnir caught the strike in her hand. Wukong smirked. She twisted her staff, twisting Fafnir's hand with it. A forceful kick shot at her perfectly shaped abdomen, throwing her away.

Wukong's tail appeared to be entertained. "Does this look like zero force to you?" 

Fafnir coughed out in pain. She looked angered now. Not angry because she was getting defeated. Angry because they touched her. Touched her with their filthy forms. It was anger born out of the very roots of disdain and pride. She said, "Don't worry. You both will have zero force in few minutes, because the dead have no power."

She was radiating a brilliant golden aura. Even the moon, or the sun itself, would pale against such perfect brightness, which can simultaneously burn the eyes, but please the beholder. "Take this!"

The ground beneath her feet shattered. Daliwang screamed in urgency, "Sun Wukong, run!" From the ground, thousands of chains composed of pure gold shot out. They slithered around in air, and on ground. They were like snakes making sonorous tunes.

Fafnir said, "Gross animals should be chained behind bars, not set free to lay hand on the legendary dragon!" Her smug wasn't of confidence. It was of pure rage this time.

Honk-Honk!

A rusty old car stopped besides Megumi. Daichi was inside. He looked as if he had seen horrors mankind wasn't meant to witness. "Get in," he demanded to Megumi. She nodded, bursting inside. Daichi ordered to Wukong: "I am taking Arislaw with me. You take care of this thing."

"You can trust the hero of heroes, Kobo Daichi."

"Thanks."

Daichi hit the accelerator aggressively. They drove away at top in a blur of motion. Wukong and Daliwang's eyes met. They both smiled, mutually respecting each other. "Lets-"

"-do-"

"-this!"

"Monkey King!" "Bull Demon King!"

***

Daichi and Megumi rushed on the empty road, way fast all speed limits. It was near one at night, hence, the entire place was hushed except a few delivery trucks going by, here and there.

Daichi let out an exhale of relief. "I was worried."

Megumi's cheeks flushed with a red hue. She felt the feeling of the sun walking on her skin. "Worried about me?"

"About losing my job."

"Okay." She was disappointed. Her curiosity piqued for a second. She leaned towards Daichi, and asked, "So, where are we going?"

"Back to the mansion." He was attentive at this moment, unlike other times, when he is unimpressed. "He's coming after us."

"He?"

"Kawashima Shinzo."

The world halted for a moment. All clouds were glued in the sky. All trucks were fixed on their spots. The air didn't entered or exited the noses. It was all stagnant. At least, it felt like it was.

Daichi kicked the break with all his might. A truck was in their way, hence why. Their car stopped, leaving behind black tyre marks and a screech. Much to their surprise, the car flipped up, flying above the truck.

It spun in the air, crashing upside down on the other side of the road. Their entire world shook like they hit a seismic wave of overwhelming impact. Daichi asked, "Megumi! Are you okay?!"

Megumi had slight blood on her head, but she still nodded. "Yes. Only minor injuries."

"This was weird."

"Yeah, if it was my luxury cars, this wouldn't have happened. Your old car is bad."

"This baby saved you from that dragon girl!" 

They heard the sound of metal clinking. Pieces connecting or disconnecting in a fast paced series. Daichi turned his head to that stopped truck in between of the road. His eyes widened in fear.

The truck exploded with a loud boom. The wave it let out travelled across the road, vibrating everything. All dust was launched up in the air. The flames rose tall like a mushroom, blazing with a dance of crimson and orange flames.

The air crackled and sizzled. On the other side of the explosion was him. Daichi put his hand on Megumi's eyes, as he witnessed that silhouette. "Kawashima Shinzo..."

Shinzo reveled his head up, while giving a deadpan expression. A subtle frown forming on his lips, but his eyes were overflowing with lust. Bloodlust, that is. His hands were hungry for the blood of his only worthy opponent.

He walked inside the flames with little to no regard of whatever he had done. The fire lowered and sidelined itself in respect of his presence. He was what true flags of conquerors would have been like. Moving with such confidence like he owned the world, and it was his territory. It was.

He came out of the flames, unscathed. "We finally met, Kobo Daichi, " he said. His face was in the shadows because the flames were behind his figure. "My only worthy opponent."

2