Night Wars – Part Two
94 3 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"This womanly body feels lighter than my previous one. It's quite harder to balance, though." Wukong was twirling around. Her monkey tail was swinging as she rotated on her spot. Her yellow skirt bloomed around like sunflowers. Megumi and Daichi watched her from the sidelines.

Daichi glanced at Megumi. She glanced back at him. He said, "I have some important matters to be on. Arislaw, take Sun Wukong with you wherever you go. Your safety comes first."

"My... safety?" Megumi's cheeks flushed with embarrassment. Daichi turned around, pulling a shiny revolver out of his pocket. He walked outside the mansion, giving her one more look. "Yes, your safety. I don't want you to die on me." He left.

Megumi's head bursted with emotions, like a volcano which was extinct for years now suddenly exploding. She turned completely red like a tomato. "He cares for me!"

Wukong narrowed her eyes from her back. "He cares about his money-"

Megumi clapped her hands together. A certain mood had brimmed her head. She looked upon Wukong, who took few steps back. Wukong's tail wagged in concern. "That look of yours, it's shady."

"I have a great plan for tonight."

"I don't trust humans who love their servants."

"You are my servant, too." Megumi appeared to be dead serious. She put her finger in her pink hair, pulling them down. They came down to her hips. "Let's go out and have some fun!"

"I'll not do that!" Wukong crossed her arms, turning her head away. "Especially not in this female form."

"Doesn't your Deal Card says you'll have to protect the Arislaw family and its possessions? You have no choice." She smirked like a bird.

Wukong gave up on any attempts of futile struggle. She let her head down like a defeated soldier. "Okay, let's go."

"Yippee! I always wanted a girl-friend."

***

"I can understand why now." 

It was past midnight, and Wukong was holding several colorful shopping bags, stacked upon each other, in her hands. She wasn't showing any sign of fatigue, just discomfort. "You wanted a 'girl-friend-"

"-to go shopping with!" Megumi smiled, eyes closed. She felt a warm feeling in her chest. Her head turned ahead. "I have two younger sisters, but they are always busy in their own world. The youngest is so young that I can only cuddle her. The middle one is quite reckless, and hence, is abandoned by the family. It leaves only me."

Wukong blinked repeatedly. "That's some family dynamic," she thought. 

Megumi chuckled a little. Her cheeks turned pink. "But now I feel fine. It's like I have gotten a sister in you." 

"Don't count the legendary Monkey King as your 'sister.'"

"If you say so."

Wukong paused her steps. The temperature of their surroundings dropped by several degrees. She was sensing an overwhelming force coming towards them. Fast. 

She throw all the shopping bags in the air. It was a hurricane of vibrant colors. Megumi got hurled many meters away by Wukong, pinned to a nearby wall. The world was like a floating boat for a second.

Wukong turned her head towards the direction of this aura. Her eyes widened in horror. "Yo- you?"

All the shopping bags rained down one by one. Amidst this rain, a tall man was standing with a ruthless smug. He had an arrogant chin, with enchanting red eyes. Two bull-like horns on either side of his black haired head, gleaming under the moonlight. He was shirtless, boasting his masculine built—simply perfect to behold.

Wukong stood in front of Megumi in a protective stance. The latter observed the former's tail had stopped wagging. Wukong said, "It seems like I am not the only Journey To The West character here."

"Kukukuku!" The man reveled his head in pride. "That's a hint. That must mean we both know each other already."

"We know each other by heart. My only worthy rival, Bull Demon King, Daliwang!"

The man, named Daliwang, clenched his fists in amusement. "You know me well, uh?!" He roared, "Then, reveal your identity, and battle me—warrior!"

Wukong brought her fists together. She pulled them apart in blink of an eye. An enchanting golden staff grow in her palms, wrapped in the ends by golden rings. Her hair opened, flowing down to her waist. Her clothes hardened, and turned to wood. A wooden armor with golden metallic borders on set of piece. Her tail was still sprouting from her back.

Daliwang grinned menacingly. Even the air around him died and hallowed. "So, it's you. That armor, that tail, and that staff. It's no doubt that you are the Monkey King!"

"Right-" 

Daliwang punched Wukong straight on the face. She propelled away, crashing into a car. Some metals clicked here and there. Boom! The car exploded, shaking the sky with it. A huge flash escaped from all the smoke and fire. And from within, Wukong rose back to her full height. "He's fast. I haven't managed to gain full control over this lighter body."

Daliwang was above her head. His palm grew out an enchanting jade green banana leaf fan. He swung it, causing a blast of wind to be shot at her. Wukong rolled away just in time.

She struggled to find stable footing. The wind blast had made the smoke distribute everywhere. It was hard to see now. Daliwang dashed at her, kicking her in the head. She vibrated, coughing out saliva and blood. A shockwave let out.

He grabbed her head forcefully, bringing her to his stature. "Now that you have turned into a beautiful lady, be one." Wukong was in deadly pain, trying to punch out of his grasp. Daliwang said, "You'll look more beautiful without any clothes on. Then you can come handy to my pleasures-"

Wukong kicked her in the head. The ground beneath them shattered. She turned around, landing another nasty blow to his gut. Daliwang practically jumped up from all the might. All the smoke around them blasted away.

Wukong spun her staff on her fingertips, wearing a confident smile. "I may have become a woman, but I am still the Monkey King."

She stopped her staff from spinning. One of its ends pointed directly at Daliwang's head. She recoiled back, as her staff grew longer, piercing through the atmosphere. 

Daliwang couldn't move at all. He was frozen from fear. "Ruyi Jingu Bang. It'll piece through my skull. No! He can't defeat me once more!" He couldn't even fathom the concept of defeat embracing him again. Though, here it was. He was about to lose.

Zap! The staff shrunk back in Wukong's hand. A grand beam of energy blasted down from the heavens in between both of them. The battleground was lightened up in hues of gold. From this energy, a caramel haired woman appeared.

She had one red eye, and one blue. Huge draconic wings composed of pure gold, she smirked. Daliwang's eyes connected with Wukong's. Both of them nodded, mutually confused. The woman's golden armor shone and shimmered, as he turned towards Wukong.

"Did I interrupted you both? Pardon me." She said, "Myself is Fafnir." 

Daliwang was horrified. He took a step back, holding his banana leaf fan tighter. "Fafnir? The legendary Norse dragon who guarded the cursed treasure." He was getting ready. "He- no, she's a woman, now. She is so fearless that she declared her identity outright."

Fafnir's wings flapped a time or two. She lifted her finger, pointing behind Wukong—referring to Megumi—who had found a corner to hide at. Fafnir said, "I have nothing to do with you two. Just me and that woman who knows the location of the lamp. I am here for her."

3