Prologue
88 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Dos-koi!!" 

The small blond twin-tailed girl in mahou-shoujo cosplay - or was it? - thrust with her palms like some sort of cutesy sumo girl, and the purse-snatcher flew 20 feet to smash into a brick wall.  She walked up to the bleeding, half-dead criminal and somehow pulled a magical-girl wand from the air.  The wand was pink, with a golden star at the end, and a pale blue crescent moon cupping the star - but the moon portion didn't seem to be actually in contact with the star or the wand.  The wand looked strangely dangerous for being such a cutesy piece of magi-girl equipment; perhaps it had something to do with the glittery sparks that flowed out from the star as she waved it around in the air.

The small girl then tapped the end of her wand on the perpetrator's forehead while chanting a cutesy "Moe-moe all better!"  The sharp point from the star made his forehead start bleeding before the broken bones in his arms and legs twisted and straightened out, and the bleeding cuts and gashes from ramming into the wall several feet in the air closed and healed.

She stepped back and pointed her wand at the young man and announced "Bad!!  Don't do that ever again, ok?  or I might have to take care of you again!  Bad people get punished!" and then turned and started walking off, humming the opening music to a popular anime as she went.

The dozens of people who were watching the scene watched her walk away, then looked back at the (failed) purse snatcher just in time to see a wet stain spread on his pants.


"Oi, Auntie Suzu!  Chanko Hot Pot, please!" the little twin-tailed blond called out as she entered a somewhat dingy looking restaurant.  The tables were all lined up end-to-end, with long, sturdy benches lined up on each side.  Old wooden menu boards were hanging up on the walls, with prices that didn't seem to have changed in over a decade. 

The auntie on the other side of the counter in the kitchen called back, "Just a single?"

"Oh, you're funny as always, Auntie!  Make it a 4!"

"Did you earn your discount today?" Auntie Suzu called back from the kitchen.

"There was a purse snatcher.  I punished him and let him go.  I don't think he'll do it again.  Or maybe the people watching called the police?  Either way, he's not likely to do bad things again."  The girl hopped over the long bench and plopped herself down midway down the long table.

"Okay, one 4-serving chanko hotpot, coming up!"

"Thanks Auntie Suzu!!"

The stretched her arms across the table and laid her head down while she waited.  A couple of customers at the far end of the second row of tables looked over at her as if they couldn't believe their eyes - or their ears.  This tiny girl ordered a 4-serving hotpot?  Was she waiting for a dozen more cosplay girls to show up to eat it with her?  And... what was that about a purse snatcher?  The two (large) gentlemen went back to enjoying their own 2-serving hotpot while speaking quietly to each other.

"Here's your hotpot, sweetie.  Let me know how you like."

"Oh, thank you, Auntie Suzu!  It looks totally yummy!" The young blonde clapped her hands, and looked so happy that the two (large) gentlemen could have sworn little sparkles of light were actually emanating from the girl.

The men shook their head, and went back to their own meal while the small girl filled her own bowl from the hotpot and began eating with gusto.

20 minutes later, as the men finished off their own bowls, they noticed that the girl had stopped eating.  "Do you think she regrets getting so much?" one asked the other quietly.  The other replied, "well, there's no way...."

He was interrupted when the girl loudly called out, "Auntie Suzu, can I have some rice?  I think a double large will be enough for today.  With egg please!!"

Both gentlemen looked over, and then back at their own hotpot, nodded at each other, and called out, "Miss Suzuki, could we get a couple bowls of rice, too?"

"Yeah, sure, ok.  I'll have 'em right out, everyone." Auntie Suzu came out momentarily with 3 bowls - two of them looked a bit large, but the third bowl was easily twice as big, and the rice in it was piled up much higher - almost like a monster bowl of rice that you might see in an anime.  The huge bowl of rice was set down in front of the twin-tailed girl along with an egg, and the two somewhat large bowls were brought to the two gentlemen.

"You boys don't usually top up with rice.  I'm glad to see you're eating well!" Auntie Suzu collected the hotpot and used bowls from the gentlemen, then went back to the blonde girl, "Ah, you finished your bowl pretty fast today, sweetie!  Here's an extra egg for you." and set down a second egg in front of the girl - who had already cracked the raw egg over her rice and eaten nearly half of it.

"Thanks Auntie!  You're the bestest!"

The older woman patted the girl on the top of the head and replied, "You're pretty best yourself, Su.  Here's the bill." and laid down a paper ticket with a wink.

"Mmmff mhmmm mmfmmm!" The girl replied as she wolfed down the rest of the rice.  The gentlemen at the other table did their best, but couldn't finish their single-servings before the girl finished her oversized double serving.

As the girl sat with a twinkling happiness from her full stomach - which somehow had not enlarged at all, even though she'd eaten enough to make 4 sumo wrestlers happy, the two gentlemen went back to the counter to settle their bill.  "Suzu-chan, we'll pay that girl's bill too.  She got us good."

Auntie Suzu grinned, and told them the total price for all the food - at the regular prices, of course, no mark-ups or anything weird like that.   The gentlemen left, giving one last look over at the small girl and shaking their heads in wonder as they went.

The girl got up and walked back to the counter, "Auntie Suzu, it was delicious!" she said with a grin so bright, you could swear there were - no, there actually were sparkles drifting around the girl's hair!

"Ya got lucky, girlie, those nice young men just paid for yer meal for ya!"

"Ah, Auntie Suzu, did you charge them full price?  Or did you let them have it at my discount?"

"Full price, o'course!  I'm not advertisin' yer discount to anyone!"

"Hahhh.  Ok.  That's fair enough.  I'm glad you made a little extra.  Anyway, I better go.  I need to do some more work before my editor decides to come and get all up in my face.  It's hard work being a working adult in this industry." The girl looked a little downcast, but also had a small smile on her cute face - at least she had some new material to help make work a little easier.

"Ok sweetie.  I'll be sure to read it when it comes out."

"Thanks Auntie Suzu!!" and the girl gave the most brilliant smile of the day to the older woman at the counter, before turning away and skipping off to the exit.

 


Author's Note: ok, so I was listening to a huge playlist of songs by Nanahira last night, and this idea just happened to me.  I'll get some more work done on Demon Lord in the next couple of days, too.  I really just have too many ideas for that story to know what to write... but I'm just about on it.  Hope you liked this.  Next Episode: Find out our Magi-Girl's true identity!

0