Chapter 9: Preparation (Their First Quest Part 2)
73 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As Rei and Amy left the town of Havenstone, having expressed their gratitude to the helpful guard once more, Rei found himself contemplating whether to use the remaining five gacha pulls he had. The anticipation of leveling up during their upcoming quest was a significant factor in his decision-making.

“Yosh! Let’s do it. Who knows, I may be able to get some new skills that will come in handy,” Rei declared with enthusiasm, his voice echoing in the open air. Amy, with her cute cat ears twitching slightly, turned to him in curiosity.

“What are you going to do, Master Rei?” she inquired, her gaze fixed on him.

“I am going to pull my remaining five gacha. I am hoping that I might be able to get a skill that will be good for you, and I can test my transfer skill,” Rei explained with a smile before reaching for his first gacha orb.

As Rei opened the orb, a brilliant and intense light burst forth, momentarily blinding them. When the light subsided, a notification appeared, announcing that Rei had received the skill "Copy." The description of the skill read, "Copy is an incredibly rare skill that allows the user to copy not only the skills but also the titles of their companions. The limitation is that the user is only allowed to copy four skills, and it requires a strong and genuine bond with the companion to activate."

“Wow, infinite luck really came through for me there. However, that’s not the end. Let’s keep pulling gacha,” Rei said with growing excitement, eager to see what else he might obtain.

He opened the next gacha orb, and once again, a brilliant light filled the surroundings. This time, the skill that revealed itself was "Creation." The description explained, "Creation is an incredibly rare skill that allows the user to manifest and shape various objects and items through sheer willpower and imagination."

Having acquired the skill, Rei's mind started to churn with ideas. He pondered the possibility of using his transfer skill to give Amy the skills and titles they acquired and then giving himself the copy skill that they had just received. It occurred to him that this might allow him to copy Amy's skills, although there were potential obstacles, such as the strength of their bond and the limitation of selecting only four skills and titles.

While Rei contemplated this idea, he proceeded to pull his next gacha orb. Once again, a luminous light enveloped them briefly before dissipating, revealing a finely crafted magic dagger. Engraved on the hilt were intricate runes that seemed to pulse with mystical energy.

"Look at this, Amy!" Rei exclaimed, holding up the magic dagger. "This is a weapon specifically designed for you, infused with powerful magic. It will enhance your natural magical abilities. You'll be an unstoppable force."

Amy's eyes widened, a mix of gratitude and excitement shining within them. "Master Rei, thank you for this incredible gift. I'll make sure to wield it with precision and unleash its full potential."

With a warm smile, Rei gently scratched behind her ears. "You deserve the best, Amy. It's crucial that we both have the tools and abilities to succeed. Now, let's move on to the final gacha pull."

As Rei opened the last orb, the radiance it emitted was dazzling, almost blinding. When the light subsided, a title appeared before him: "Experience Multiplier x10." The description below it explained, "This title grants the user an increased rate of experience gain by a multiplication of 10, allowing for faster growth and development."

“This, this is amazing. With this title, we will be able to level up at a phenomenal rate,” Rei exclaimed, his excitement palpable.

“That’s great, but what do you mean by 'we,' Master Rei?” Amy asked, her confusion evident on her face.

“Ah, I guess I should explain my idea. I am going to give myself the copy skill and use transfer to give Amy the skills and title. After which, I will copy three skills and the experience multiplier title to myself. As long as you do not mind, of course,” Rei explained to Amy, wanting to ensure her consent.

“Of course I don’t mind, Master Rei, but what will happen if our bond isn’t strong enough yet? Shouldn’t you keep the title and skills for yourself?” Amy asked, a hint of worry in her voice.

“No, it’s fine, Amy. Even if the copy skill doesn't work yet, I am sure it will eventually. Now let’s get started,” Rei reassured her before using the copy skill.

“I promise, Master Rei.”

“Good, then let’s finish this up so we can start our quest,” Rei said before using the copy skill.

As the skill activated, Rei suddenly heard the mysterious voice from before, “Please select the companion that you'd like to copy from.” A new screen appeared before him with Amy's name on it. Rei couldn't help but think, "It seems we already have a close bond after all," as he smiled warmly.

Considering his preference for close-range battles and speed, Rei decided to select the skills "Feline Grace," "Arcane Enhancements," and "Protective Ward," along with the "Experience Multiplier" title.

“Copy has been completed. Please check your status,” the mysterious voice stated before vanishing once again.

“Let’s see if this actually worked,” Rei said, anticipation building as he opened his status.

“It worked!” Rei exclaimed happily.

“That’s great, Master Rei. I am happy our bond was strong enough,” Amy said, her cheeks tinged with a slight blush, a warmth spreading through Rei's heart at her reaction.

“Now let’s go slay some goblins,” Rei declared with renewed excitement.

5