Spiritual Beast Hunting (1)
22 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 “It’s been a month since her return, not only has she made a ruckus, her classroom looks obnoxious too. The children’s parents have been complaining. Their children haven’t seemed to be learning at all, I heard one of the parents complain that when she asked her son what he learnt in class that they were learning about the weather changes and nature, not to mention that she has been teaching them songs and telling them nonsensical stories.”

Rucheng sighed and pulled her consciousness from the wind. Sitting back in her chair, she looked at the children who were finger painting. Their parents and guardians weren’t happy that the children were playing with paints and taking home pictures. They even hate the fact that her class was decorated with all of their drawings not to mention that they questioned her teaching methods.

Pulling Na Dong from her hair, she twirled the silver hairpin between her fingers. Looking at it she said, ‘Today, I handed in my resignation to the headmaster and she looked at me like I’m crazy, Gwanliin what do you think?’

The space behind her opened and out walked Gwanliin wearing a silver and blue robe. He sat down beside her on the spear chair observing the sleeping children. “Well, I do have to say that your teaching methods are different compared to those of this world. Your values are different, you consider the children’s needs whereas we value cultivation. Children are taught all the basic stuff such as the characters and the number system along with rules and otherworldly affairs. I understand your point of view but this is not your world and so of cause the parents and guardians will have issues with your way of teaching but one thing I have to say is that you are much more likeable than my previous masters including Qin Rucheng.”

She smiled lightly and looked at him, “You didn’t answer my question.”

“The Headmaster has plans for you and you’ve proved that you have your memory loss even though I handed you her memories. Not to mention, you are the first non-cultivating professor resigning with the notion of ‘The children’s parent’s think I am unworthy to teach their children’ when you’ve been unworthy since the very beginning,” he answered disdainfully.

“So you think I am unworthy?” she asked him with a smirk.

Gwanliin shook his head, “You are worthy but not the previous Qin Rucheng. Your teaching methods help the children learn faster than doing it by force but you leaving will revert their ways of learning and make things challenging for the children.”

“I’ll have a better chance teaching the poor,” she commented.

Gwanliin looked at her profoundly since he knew what she really wanted to do. Previously they spoke about this world and after doing research she wanted to travel and see the world but couldn’t and now with the complaints, she could but it was really bothersome leaving the children behind.

She looked at Gwanliin and asked, “Is there something that I can give the children to use to call me if they are ever in trouble or something that could activate inside their body that will alert me that they are in trouble, you know? Something that will call me.”

Gwanliin nodded his head, “There are a few, a protection array that you can plant on their cores, a charm, a there are treasures we could give them with your core imprinted in them that will immediately activate, or you could make each of them sign a contract with a powerful spiritual beast.”

Rucheng regarded Gwanliin with a sneer, “Where in the world will we find fifty-two spirit beasts?”

Gwanliin rolled his eyes, “You really know nothing, you were born with a high cultivation level, we could go hunting all over this world. There are river dragons, gryphons, ravens, tigers, beasts from the underworld, the heavens and the earth not to mention the waters. The young children might not know how to cultivate just yet but you could teach them beforehand and you can create worlds like the Mountain Valley and imprint them into the children but to hide it from their parents… will be a problem.”

“What about making portals that would reach the valley through them, something like linking the children to it without having them know that I will be watching them from the shadows?” She asked curiously.

Gwanliin thought for a moment. His eyes sparkled, “Yes there is a way if we imprint the command in a place on their bodies. The creatures we find could be kept in the valley and when they are needed, they can be released, you and I both will be notified and the children could be transported back to the valley until its safe.”

“Okay, so what do you think we should do?” She asked him since he seemed invested in the idea.

“You are nothing but a number and will be replaced by the end of the day, go to the headmaster and ask him to postpone your resignation. We’ll go hunting after the children are collected but first, we need to know what they are compatible with,” he answered pacing back and forth.

“What do you mean?” she asked confused.

“The elements, like how I taught you to use your power, everyone has those capabilities and the children will develop theirs in the later stages of their life, with this knowledge we will be able to determine what spiritual beast will be compatible with the children,” he answered while showing her a rainbow orb that could read their cores.

She nodded her head and took out the book on spiritual beast in the boring looking brown spiritual ring she took from the treasures. She stood up and clapped her hands together, “Children wake up, it’s time to eat before you go home.”

The children slowly stirred awake and looked at the two adults before them with heavy eyes.

1