C27: Object of Relation
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*General Kim’s Residence…*

Yu Lan was rubbing her husband’s shoulders as she explained her experience at the Qin Residence to him and the sister-wives.

General Kim had his eyes closed as he asked, “And the expert that the physician was babbling about?”

She shook her head, “Nothing. The man he spoke of was not there but Juimin confirmed he had met her stepfather.”

He sighed and opened his eyes. Seeing his first wife in front of him knitting, he asked, “What do you think, Ah-Jun?”

Jiang Xiang Jun lifted her gaze and smiled. “Min-er is sensible. He wouldn’t do something to dishonour the family. Yes, I think that Qin Rucheng is not suitable for him due to her past antics and mistakes, but from what Chul-er has been saying recently, she seems to be strange but good? And having a powerful backer as a stepfather makes her seem interesting, if I might say so. It could just be a moment of infatuation for him. He is at the age where he would be interested in the opposite sex.”

*

The headmaster stared at Rucheng speechlessly as he evaluated her. Things seemed to be happening one after the other to her, leaving her with no break.

“Did you hear me, headmaster?” She asked.

He snapped out of his thoughts and nodded his head. “Yes, you want Lady Hong to take over your class while you find a way to build your strength? But Rucheng, I must say, it is impossible to grow your cultivation orb back. We are all born with one and once it’s broken, it can only be mended to a certain point or, in the cases, when it is impossible, it is lost forever.”

Rucheng nodded her head, saying, “I know I’ve been selfish before, but I want to try this for myself. Ever since my accident, things have not been going my way and I barely remember who I was before. I’m hoping to turn a new leaf over and starting fresh as a whole will be good for me. And about returning to being a teacher, headmaster, that is what you want from me and not my own desire.”

“Rucheng, there is a reason why I have hopes for you and it has all got to do with your past, but I, for one, cannot tell you why. You have to figure that out on your own and if I let you go now, all my hard work and your own will be for nothing,” he said.

‘I wonder if he’s referring to her sleeping with someone to become a teacher… was it him?’

She nod her head, “I understand headmaster, but it will be useless for me to be their teacher if I can no longer control the spiritual energy.”

He waved his hand in defeat, saying, “Fine, but give me your wrist.”

She hesitantly did. The headmaster pointed two fingers at her wrist and sent spiritual energy to it. A plain bracelet made of spiritual energy appeared.

“It’ll protect you from those trying to kill you,” he explained.

She was confused, saying, “There’s no need for you to care so much about me.”

“As I’ve said before, I have my reasons for keeping you here,” he said and dismissed her.

She took in a breath of relief, then went to the admissions office and registered herself for classes and received her books.

“Are you sure about this?” Gwanliin asked through the mind link.

She nodded her head with a smile. “Yes, at least now, I can do things properly.”

*

Sitting in the lecture room listening to the instructor, Juimin couldn’t wrap his mind fully around the lesson as he was still thinking about the talk he had with Rucheng.

It happened over a week ago and by the looks of things, if he didn’t go out seeking her, she wouldn’t come looking for him.

Lan Jue looked at Juimin, then leaned over, whispering, “Is the lecture boring?”

The instructor heard him speak and threw a book at Lan Jue’s head who didn’t fail to catch it.

Juimin looked at his friend, then shook his head.

“Excuse me for being boring,” the instructor said.

Juimin sat forward, saying, “It’s not that your lecture is boring, Instructor An. It’s just that my mind has been flooded with a theory that I am unable to understand. Would you be so kind as to enlighten me?”

“What is your theory?” Instructor An asked.

Juimin had to think it over and make it sound like it was not close to home. “I was reading a book that did not have a title, but the theory I came across in it said that if one dies, they could transmigrate into the body of another who looks like them but who lives in another world.”

Now Juimin had everyone’s attention. When did the martial head think further than what he knew?

Instructor An observed his expression and could tell that it was bothering him. Reevaluating his words, he thought about it, then said, “As we all know, our world is not the only one. It is said in divination that each light in the sky is a world so the base of the theory could be true. Remember, as cultivators, we already defy nature so never dismiss the possibility of something being possible.”

“So if I were to die today and wake up in the body of another who has the same family members as I do and who looks just like me but who acts differently than I do, is a possibility?” He confirmed.

Instructor An was almost hesitant, but he agreed with a nod. “If that is the outcome, then yes.”

“But why would that be possible? I’ve known that if we die, unless we are meant to reincarnate through the wheel of karma, it shouldn’t be possible to live again,” he stated.

Instructor An thought of it seriously, then asked, “Let’s say that you know a person who has transmigrated to this world. What would you have noticed that was their differences?”

“Their mannerism,” he answered.

“Is that all?” Instructor An asked.

Juimin was walking himself into a corner and he needed to divert the direction, “The book stated that their lost limbs wouldn’t be lost in the new world and in some instances, they can come to or go to a world where there is no spiritual energy.”

Instructor An hummed, then asked, “And you want to know how this is all possible?”

“Yes,” he answered.

Instructor An went silent and ran the theory in his mind. A thought came up. He walked to his desk and took out chopsticks. Keeping one for himself, he handed the other to Juimin and said, “This is a pair of chopsticks, right?”

“Yes,” Juimin agreed, confused.

“You cannot eat with only one half and neither can I. It needs to be whole in order to use it at its full potential,” he said, then handed Juimin the other half. Flicking his wrist, the same chopstick set appeared in his palm as he said, “This theory you found could be possible if the Juimin of this world and the Juimin of the other world own the same object in their possession.”

“The same object?” He repeated.

“Yes, in theory it would be called an Object of Relation and it could be anything. A birthmark, hairpin, a crown. A shoe, anything in question,” he said.

Juimin stared at the chopsticks in his hand, wondering what Rucheng’s Object of Relation could be.

“Then how would they switch places?” One of the other students asked.

“Death,” Juimin answered with a shudder, confusing everyone.

This theory he brought up seemed to be more than just a theory to him.

“Yes, but it is just a theory. If you want to know more about it, you should ask one of the Divination or Celestial Instructors,” Instructor An said.

Juimin shook his head. “There’s no need to. I think I’ve figured it out.”

Instructor An smirked. He took the book from Lan Jue then hit Juimin over the head saying, “Good, now I hope that you can concentrate on my lecture.”

0