Teachers Duties (1)
70 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Getting up from her seat she walked over and placed her hand on the girl's shoulder, "Mei Hao, don't be nervous, I am not asking you to do this in order to humiliate you but to understand you better and for the other to get to know you better too … it's the beginning of a new year and you all have not yet properly introduced yourself to each other."

She continued, "How about this, I'll start first and Mei Hao can go after me alright?" she suggested as she contemplated. After a moment she began, "I missed the fourth week of school because I was clumsy and fell off the central bridge … while I was unconscious in bed I had many bad dreams that I do not wish to experience again in this life time."

"What I truly regret about my accident is that I hit my head ad lost many memories and a very special memory that is dear to my heart, I lost and wish it returned." Looking at her students she said with sorrow in her voice and eyes, "This master has forgotten all of your names."

The students of the Silent and Wise pavilion looked at their master. In their little hearts, grew a tiny emotion called pain, and in some anger … unknowingly, these two emotions manifested and stirred the little ones, this they did not know how to deal with.

This master that they knew for only three weeks barely recognised them before and did not bother to call them by name and now, suddenly after her accident – this is the song she was singing to them. They didn't want to believe it but because of the slight emotion in her tone and on her face, it was hard not to believe her.

She continued, "All of you do not have to tell me about your time during my leave, remember, I am not forcing you but as your master, I would like to know, to try and retrieve the memories I once had mn?" she looked at them expectantly.

Because her statement was said in a sentimental way, they felt somewhat uncomfortable with the sudden change in her demeanour and temperament. Her students stayed quiet and so did she …  Rucheng meant it when she said that she wasn't forcing them...

The psychological factors at play needed time for adjustment and it wasn't going to happen straight away – this she knew all too well.

As a preschool teacher in her previous life, Rucheng was fortunate or well as some said cursed to have the most difficult of students in her classes but she had the patience for it. Sighing she was greatly relieved that in this new life that was given to her, she was given the occupation that she loved most. 'Although I love children, I'll never make any of my own – that activity between a man and a woman in bed, looks like it hurts and for someone to violate you like that?!? NO FUCKING WAY!!!' 

Seeing that her students remained silent even though so much time had passed, she walked back to her desk and sat down. Picking up one of the books placed on her desk… 'The register? What luck!' Looking through it, her eyes scanned over it and placed it back down.

Picking up the next book she read through it. 'The characters aren't a problem but what in the heaven are they teaching these children that can't even count to ten?' Raising her head her eyes swept over her students who were staring at her and by accident her sharp eyes met each one of the pairs of eyes staring back at her, frightening the little ones, "Count to ten," she said as she adjusted herself and rubbed her eyes. 

Frightened out of their seats, they all stood up and started, "Hana, dul, set, net, dasot, yosot, ilgap, yodol, ahop, yol."

Frowning she waved her hand and they sat down. 'They already know it?'

"Min Xiao?" she called.

"Yes master?" The little boy answered.

"How long have you been able to count up to yol?" she asked with a raise of a brow.

"We learnt to count to yol last year master," Min Xiao answered timidly.

"Can you count up to twenty?" she asked.

"N-No," he answered with his head lowered. 'Ashamed?' she thought… "Don't feel ashamed that you haven't achieved this yet, you all are still young and have many years ahead of you to learn."

All of them, "…" – their masters words were like a different language to them. Why was she suddenly like this?

"Sit down, that is all," she said.

Placing the book down, she ignored her class and started searching her desk for an empty book. Finally finding one she paused looking at the ink stone and brushes to the side of her desk, 'Must I really write with a paint brush?'

Frowning she mixed the ink then started writing. Her students looked at her and felt uncomfortable. Kim Sang Chul, the son of General Kim of the specialist squad turned to Kwon Min Xiao behind him, "Xiao, Xiao…"

"Don't call me that!" he glared. Kim Sang Chul grinned but then he became serious, "Why isn't Lady Qin teaching us, doesn't she know that we will fall behind?"

A few of the children around the two who heard his question nodded their heads. Rucheng could hear their whisper. Her mouth twitched, taking in a deep breath she started, "Oh, I am the last of the giants – my people have gone from the earth.

The last of the great mountain giants, who ruled all the earth from my birth.

Oh I am the last of the giants, my people have gone from the earth.

The last of the great mountain giants, who ruled all the world at my birth.

The small folk have stolen my forest, they've stolen my rivers and hills.

They built a great wall through my valley, and fished all the fish from my rills.

In stone halls they build their great fires, in stone halls they forge their sharp spears.

Whilst I walk alone in the mountains with no true companion but tears.

They hunt me with dogs in the day light, they hunt me with torches by night.

With these man who are small they can never stand tall, while giants still walk in the light.

Oh I am the last of the giants, so learn well the words of my song.

For when I am gone all the singing shall fade and silence will last long and more.

Oh, I am the last of the giants – my people have gone from the earth.

The last of the great mountain giants, who ruled all the earth from my birth.

Oh I am the last of the giants, my people have gone from the earth."

3