Chapter 7: Relations – Part 5.
23 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
A bit of a smaller section, will release another section an hour after this one.  Enjoy!

“No?”  Sylvie answered with a question and patted Casey on the knee. “Let’s just take this a day at a time.”  Pulling Casey off the bed, Sylvie pointed across the hallway, “What is more impressive is that you haven’t tried to tear out of here and go hunting.”  Feeling the pull for blood within herself, Sylvie advised, “Let’s not take any chances, get dressed and..”  Sylvie saw the look of hunger suddenly appear on her progeny’s face a split second before she smelled human blood. “Oh shit.”

Irises of molten gold faded and went nearly black, mirroring a solar eclipse. “I smell him.”  Casey spoke and licked the saliva from her mouth. “His blood smells like heaven even if he smells like dank sweat.”  Willing her fangs to lock in place, Casey stood up and walked towards the front of the house.

Overwhelmed by the piercing scents of grease and butane, Casey knew instantly that the man was some kind of blue-collar worker and had somehow broken into the house.  Able to once again detect sounds on a deeper level, Casey could tell the guy had crouched down and opened the door to the room where the blood bunnies typically stayed.

Protective of Sylvie’s home and hungry almost beyond thought, Casey’s black razor-sharp claws extended from her fingers to mirror her predatory nature.

-That’s right, keep coming.-

Sensing that the man was at the foyer and moving slowly towards the hallway, Casey happened to look up.  With a quick crouch and light push from the floor, Casey silently gripped the ceiling and crawled along the dark more silent than a black widow.  Casey felt her spine tingling and her throat turning into a raging inferno the closer she got to the man sneaking inside the house.  Without warning, a deep-sounding organ began playing in her mind, Sweet Dreams.  Tonally the old song changed from a synthesizer beat to that of a gothic sound, helping her hunt.

While able to hear his heartbeat before, Casey could also feel the excitement emanating from his quickened pulse and was completely unaware of her looming presence. “Caaarrrlll…” Casey lightly whispered from her position, taking a chance that the brazen man was the one Sylvie mentioned before.  

Where there was a thrill, Casey’s simple action made Carl jump and his heart race like a frightened rabbit.  Frozen in place, Carl held as still as he could and strained to hear beyond his own heavy beating pulse. “Imagining things.” He nervously whispered and found the nerve to step further into the hallway. “Just a few more feet to the bathroom.”  He quietly assured himself and pulled a small camera from his cargo pocket.

Acting much like the spider she imagined herself, Casey dug the claws on her feet into the ceiling’s drywall for anchor and released her handhold.  Almost curling her way down, Casey reached out with her hands and dug her talons into Carl’s shoulders and yanked the man into the air.  

A shrill and despairing howl came from Carl as his flesh was pierced by Casey’s knifelike claws.  Dropping the small camera, Carl tried to wiggle free much like a fly trapped in a web. “This…this….Aarrgghhhh….isn’t….happen….ing…”  Shrieking wildly, Carl felt his twin collar bones break and the ligaments snap, temporarily freeing him from Casey’s clutches.  Crumpling on the ground, Carl barely found the ability to use his legs and heaved himself from the floor through the waves of pain and look up in time to see a nightgown flutter past his vision and land softly on the plush carpet.  Partly mesmerized by the new vampire's beautiful nude form, Carl stood in place as he watched his attacker gracefully land on the floor without a sound.  Pulsing agony shot through Carl’s body and forced him to come to his senses, and through his resumed screaming managed to find the strength to run for the front door.  Luck seemed to be on the fat man’s side when he saw that he’d left the door ajar.  Kicking the door wide so he could get through, Carl stumbled his way across the leaf-covered driveway while trailing blood behind him.

Licking Carl’s blood from her fingers, Casey pursued her meal easily as he ran with his arms dangling useless beside him.  Mildly aware that every word Sylvie uttered was coming true before her golden eyes, Casey calmly pursued Carl back to his house and grabbed one of his feet as he climbed up the stairs. “Mmmm, turbulent and viscous.  Your blood is going to taste too damned good.”  Casey crooned and dragged Carl into the tightly packed trees that surrounded the property.

Reaching her front door with Casey’s nightgown in hand, Sylvie swiped one of her fingers where a line of blood had spurted from Carl. “I agree.” Sylvie quietly affirmed.  Moment’s later the elder vampire heard more crunching bones and a few squishy noises from the trees before the area went completely silent once more. “Drain him completely and there won’t be anything left.  Waste not.”

Unable to do anything but keep drinking from Carl’s neck, Casey soon heard the man gurgle one final time and then turned to dust in the wind. “Got anyone else you want dealt with, Sylvie?”  Casey appeared from the trees almost glowing from the moonlight. “I could take down another dozen people without thinking about it.”  Only after seeing Sylvie holding her gown, Casey felt her breasts swaying with every step she took back toward the house. “I guess modesty isn’t part of the vampire experience?” Reaching for her clothing, Casey slipped the garment back over her and smiled at Sylvie. “How’d I do?”

“A little messy, but that’s expected.”  Sylvie pointed to the blood trail leading to Carl’s house. “Then there’s the pool of blood where you pounced on him.”  Escorting her new vampire back indoors, Sylvie grabbed Casey’s hand and pulled her into the kitchen and handed her a bottle of blood. “Eating another dozen or so will prove to be problematic.  You already know about the veil, so I don’t need to explain it.”

Swigging the contents of the bottle, Casey leaned against the sink and wiped her mouth. “Yeah, I know what that is.”  She laughed, “I thought you’d be impressed with my hunting skill.”

“I was.”  Sylvie winked and headed to her room, “Inventive for your first fang.  Now finish that and get dressed.  I have something to tell you and I don’t want to do it here.”  Sylvie giggled, “Be sure that you are waiting for me at the front door in a few minutes…Oh, and be sure to grab the raincoat hanging up.”

Doing as she was told, Casey enjoyed the use of her newfound speed and reflexes to get dressed as somewhat ordered by Sylvie.

-Your mistress now, Rivers.-

Giggling to herself again with the thought of being so tightly bound to Sylvie, Casey heeded the warning and grabbed a short rain slicker and stood by the front door.  Thinking that Sylvie would come from her room, Casey was a little surprised when she heard the engine of the motorcycle outside.  Stepping out onto the porch, Casey instantly noticed that a light rain had started. “Amazing, Sylvie.  You can tell the weather too?”  Casey hopped through a couple small puddles before climbing on the back of the bike once more. “Where to?”

“You’ll see.”  Sylvie revved the engine and waited for Casey to hold her around the waist. “No, I can’t predict the weather.”  She laughed, “Not exactly.  Hold tight now.”

2