Chapter 8: Destiny or Decision – Part 2.
19 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Clasping Casey’s hand, Sylvie pulled the unsuspecting vampire behind her and headed for the back of the building. “If we keep this up, the place will never open on time.  I want to let Martin know he’s gonna listen and obey you too.”

“Will that go over well?  Last time I talked to him, we sorta..kinda..made out on the bus to the manor.”  Casey shyly commented.

Sylvie stopped her insistent tug and looked behind her, “Casey, I knew that.  You and I are bound to each other and a couple.  He needs to know his place.”  Turning back around so fast that her short hair caught air and floated for a moment, Sylvie resumed her march. “You have more pressing things to be worried about, rather than Martin.”

“Like?”  Casey inquired and let herself get pulled along.

Refusing to slow her pace, Sylvie gave a couple of small answers. “Your glamor and alternate forms.  Our charm alone is the most powerful thing we have to preserve the veil.”  She paused, “So that is imperative to learn and use.”

“Wait, wait, wait.”  Casey jabbered, “Are you telling me that I can pick what I look like as a bird or something?  I can be as cute as Viv and be a silver fox?”

Laughing to herself, Sylvie finally reached the back door. “Yes and No.”  Seeing one of Casey’s eyes widen with confusion, Sylvie added, “Yes you can pick your forms.  No, I doubt you can be as cute as that fox.”  Nibbling on her lip, Sylvie finished, “Did you think you’d be stuck as a bat?”  She twisted her hands around to make a little bat image. “Eeep..eep.”

Upon hearing the cute sound from his mistress, Martin turned and faced Sylvie. “How delightful!”  His voice came out light and jovial. “It’s been a few days, Mistress.”  Spotting the alluring Casey, Martin bowed. “Greetings again, Miss Rivers.  I am simply overwhelmed this evening, two beautiful women in front of me, and I have nothing to offer.” Walking to Sylvie first, Martin kissed both of her cheeks and then mirrored the action for Casey. “Alas, I was fibbing.”  Playing around like he was some magician, Marin produced a couple of small violet carnations. “Couple of flowers, for a couple of flowers!” 

Taking a moment to tuck her flower behind Casey’s ear and blend it with her coppery-blonde hair, Sylvie held up her hands in a square. “Flawless.”  Sylvie walked beside Martin, “Meet my lovely new progeny.”

“Hi, I think we’ve met before.”  Casey tapped her lips, “Martin Shores, right?”  She teased and saw the gleam in his eyes. “Martin, you look hungry.”  Playfully looking around the small dock they were standing on, Casey chuckled. “Almost to the point your mouth is watering.”  Posing to the side, Casey fluffled her shoulder-length hair and imitated ‘Betty Boop’ the best she could. 

Glancing to his mistress, Martin casually ignored Casey’s comments to confirm what he’d just heard. “Really?  You finally did it?” Watching Sylvie bob her head slowly, Martin smiled and kissed both of Sylvie’s hands. “This is a momentous occasion!”  He cheered and took the happy moment to kiss Casey’s hands as well. “Miss Rivers, I humbly offer my services to you.  If I may?”  Martin opened his arms for a hug.

“My pleasure.”  Casey walked over and hugged the man softly. “Let me be the one to tell you, Sylvie and I are..well..”  She winked at Sylvie. “Together.”

Taking one of his arms, Marin wrapped it around Sylvie and mushed the three into a tight hug. “We are going to have such a fabulous time!”  Holding the trio together a few more seconds, Martin finally let go of the ladies and entwined his fingers. “We have a long time to get into lots of trouble.”

Sylvie pointed to the bottles of chilled blood. “We will need two times the order I usually ask for.  Can you accomplish it, Martin?”

“By your command, Mistress.  I will do it.”  Martin gallantly affirmed. Giving Sylvie a slick smile he kept going, “There’s more on your mind, isn’t it?”

Nodding, Sylvie walked over to Casey and took her hand into her own. “I have my hands full getting Casey up to speed in her new..body.”  Clearing her throat she pressed on, “What have you heard or seen concerning Alan Brown?  He came in last night and was pointing out some odd news.”  She paused, “Talking about something being my fault.”

Quickly issuing a few orders to his small crew, Martin headed inside the bar. “I didn’t want to interrupt the others, and they honestly don’t need to know.”  He walked to a quiet section and leaned against a wall. “He’s got Amos coming tonight, Mistress.”

“Really?”  Sylvie raised her eyebrows, surprised.

Pursing his lips for a second, Martin confessed further, “He’s thinking that Amos can help convince you to do the jobs he needs done so he can take the lead of the regional council.”

Scratching her copper-red hair, Casey appeared confused. “How do you know all this stuff, Martin?”  She looked at Sylvie, “Who’s Amos?”

“My creator, dear.”  Sylvie quickly answered Casey and resumed talking to Martin. “I haven’t had a vision of any kind since I felt my third-eye close at the lake.”

Briefly pointing his finger back to Casey, Martin grinned. “So it was Casey.  Your instincts are impeccable, Mistress.”  Happy with the approving look in Sylvie’s eyes, Martin volunteered what more he knew. “You and I both know he is entirely too young to assume that role.  However, in light of last night's events with Jester and his troupe, You might consider backing Alan.”  He paused for a breath, “Jester is pretty angry.  He wanted Virginia Beach, now it’s loosely off limits again.”

“Probably for the best anyway, what if Vivienne comes back?”  Sylvie unconsciously wrapped her arm around Casey’s waist. “She’d just purge whoever was there, without any consultation.”

Pushing himself from the lean he was in, Martin shrugged and nodded in agreement. “Alan thinks that if he can get someone like you to help him, it will go a long way.  Amos is just back up.”  He chuckled, “Most everyone likes you anyway, Mistress.  Perhaps you should consider leading the council?  A precog can’t be a bad thing, you could alert the others before something happened.”  He raised one eyebrow and grinned.

“No interest.”  Feeling a light kiss on her cheek, Sylvie winked at Casey. “What was that for?”

Blinking her gleaming golden eyes, Casey seemed to also be dancing in place. “You said no interest and I suddenly hear the song ‘Who’s That Girl’ in my head.” Spotting the wondrous look coming from Martin, Casey tapped one of her temples, “You know, Madonna?”

Laughing, Martin politely teased, “I know who it is, Mistress Rivers.  I was wondering how it relates.”

“Oh!” Casey laughed, “You don’t know.  I hear music in my head from time to time.  I was wondering why she didn’t want to command the council, and I thought…who is this lovely woman?”  Casey gave Sylvie another dainty kiss, “So the song just popped in my head.”

“Fascinating, Mistress Rivers.”  Martin resumed, “Alan intends to give you a laundry list of things to look into, then tomorrow night when you meet in the Swift Creek lightout shelter, the issue about Richmond will come up.”  Rubbing his chin for a few seconds, “I already said that Jester and his troupe will be there.  Hunter Keenan and Danellia Cole said they’d be there as well.”  He shrugged, “The rest are younglings that I barely know.”  He winked, “I’m still gathering information on them.”  

2