Chapter 17: Lorelei – Caught!
73 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lorelei didn’t come for the match. She didn’t like the sounds of bare fists impacting someone else’s skin, the exasperated grunting of two combatants beating each other up, even if it were just for sport.

No, she came for another prize, the only one that mattered, the one that seemed light years away.

Lorelei winced each time she heard the wet slap of the dueling fighters, thankfully the applause overshadowed most of them. She recognized the wolfkin in the ring, the one fighting a tedious battle with a clearly stronger opponent. Junipor Reigns tried to cover her bare breasts at first, once her top had been torn off, but within seconds of the ongoing fight, she abandoned shielding her own decency. She needed both hands for this fight. She was ruthless, but still learning how to overcome this human challenger.

Theo was only fifty seven feet away from her now, Lorelei knew the exact distance. Any closer and there was a risk of him spotting her. She wasn’t going to risk that, not yet.

It was easy to hide oneself in the crowd when everyone was wearing the same thing. The school uniform was the only approved attire on campus, and her skin was just pink enough to blend in with the humans. Of course, there was no masking her tail or horns, but Lorelei was comfortably assured that Theo hadn’t noticed her.

There were few Cubi in the stands, even fewer willing to compete. The mass of carnal appetites was overflowing. Lorelei struggled like never before. Even with her training, she found each breath of air intoxicating. It took everything to maintain her focus.

~ Pin her to the floor, force her to— ~

No no no no no no no! Lorelei seethed. She wasn’t going to enjoy these thoughts. Instead, she closed her mind off, nearly to the point of stupidity, and kept her gaze on Theo.

She was drawn to his mannerisms; the way he grinned at his roommates gawking over the arena. Unlike his roommate, Theo didn’t seem to get much enjoyment from the nearly naked women thrashing around on the stadium floor. At least, he wasn’t ogling the naked women, or snapping photos like so many others around him.

Lorelei’s eyes were drawn briefly to the stage. Noticing how… Strained the human was in her tight uniform. Lorelei wasn’t jealous though.

Weirdly enough, the woman fighting Junipor was hard to read. The aura bleeding off of her was a subtle mixture of color, and her thoughts were barely a whisper. It was like a wall had been built around her conscious mind, or a shield was guarding her much like the city itself.

The fight wouldn’t last long. Junipor was already struggling, her face growing pale. Just as the fight escalated, Theo suddenly seemed distracted. He started to wander away, then quickened his pace towards the exit.

Lorelei leaned forward, watching him leave. Her heaving breasts strained underneath the fabric of her own bodice. She ignored the sudden tightness around her chest, and the feeling of her lungs being compressed. The sounds of leather folding, and the stitching of her brassier stretching, was concerning. She kept her tail low, which made things even more uncomfortable.

Just as Lorelei tried to get up, to quietly continue her stalking, a nudge pushed her to the side.

“Move aside, rat tail.” The voice belonged to a male student and sounded gruff. The student’s use of the slang for Cubi made Lorelei grimace.

“Back off,” Lorelei sneered, her teeth showing.

Stupid ape, she was tempted to say, but held back. She was trying to avoid conflict, and he simply wasn’t worth it.

The bully ignored her protests, keeping himself between her and a swift escape. He seemed to enjoy keeping her in place.
So much for avoiding conflict. Lorelei snapped her fingers, a mute expression on her face, and a small spark of flame lit up the man's backside.

Evidently, he didn’t know she could use magic.

She couldn’t blame him. Statistically speaking, only one in a hundred were born with magical gifts. Those odds were slightly improved for Cubi, but not by much. And while there were a lot of powerful mages on campus, only roughly a fourth of the students were accepted purely for their magical capabilities. Lorelei guessed about half the students could use magic on some level. According to Rhelania, Lorelei could be rated as a gamma level magi, perhaps even theta if she were to behave more like a succubus.

So it made sense why he didn’t consider her a threat.

Her talents for summoning fire, and controlling it, were apt. With her skilled fingers, she could be very precise. Lorelei was more than capable of sparking the tiny, yet violent flame, on the mans pants. It could’ve been worse, much worse. She held herself back, but not so much as to not give the guy a fair burn.

“Crap I’m sorry, sorry.” He jumped back, patting his extremities. The sudden flash of smoke barely created a scene, as most were too absorbed in the fight below.

Lorelei glared at him; the narrow end of her tail pointed directly at him. It was a reflex, a self-defense mechanism that she never grew out of.

Jabbing at the intruder, her tail could cut through skin, if she pushed hard enough.

She got up from her seat, sneaked her way through the crowd, and scurried to catch up to Theo. Following his desires, Lorelei was able to discern he was walking towards the nearest concession stands.

She edged herself closer, while hiding behind a pillar. As she eyed him from the shadows. Suddenly… He disappeared.

3