Chapter 9: The Village Chief’s Request
128 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Intruding inside I look around and observe the interior of the house.
The appearance inside is quite neat and organized.
"You have a clean and beautiful home."
"Of course! I'm a village chief after all. If I don't have this kind of home they'll make fun out of me."
Well, he's right. As a leader having a good and a bit luxurious home is a given as a person with a higher position.
We arrived in the living room.
"Come, come sit over here and feel at home. I'll call my daughter to make some tea."
And village chief leaves while I'm looking around.
You don't need to call her daughter, just do it yourself!
"Hah... This is kind of tiring."
Defending the village against monsters and joining them in the banquet makes my energy deflated.
I'm going to use [Divine Heal] later after this.
A few minutes later sounds of footsteps resounded. it's coming in my direction.
It seems the village chief and his daughter is coming here.
"Sorry for making you wait."
The village chief said and sat opposite of me.
"My daughter is currently brewing our tea. While waiting for her we can chat for a while."
So I'm right that the other footsteps came from her daughter.
"I would say it beforehand that my daughter is very pretty that I can't let her go outside without robe with a hood to conceal her face and guard."
You already said it earlier don't repeat it again and again. This guy boasts his daughter too much.
I've seen so many beautiful girls on Earth, like Idols and actresses. Also, my school has a bunch of beauties, so pretty girls are normal for me to see.
While we're chatting someone knocks the door.
"Father, I've done brewing the tea, can I come in?"
Oh! her voice is beautiful and soothing like a mother singing a lullaby.
"Of course! come in my daughter, show yourself in our visitor."
The village chief said his approval. The door slowly opens and his daughter enters the living room.
What the... this girl, no! this lady has an out of this world beauty! She's like a living doll.
She has long shining blonde hair, oval faced shape, sapphire-colored eyes, turned-up nose, cute and glossy alluring lips. She also has a perfectly curved body, snow-white skin, proper chest size, and her height is a little bit smaller than mine. With her beauty, She can beat up the earth's beautiful models, idols, and actresses.
I turn my head around and look at the Village Chief's face.
Analyzing his face, I can't see any hint that this girl is his daughter!
"Good Evening Mister, my name is Claire and I'm the daughter of the Village Chief. "
Hearing her soothing voice I snapped and break my confusion.
"Good evening too, Ms. Claire, I'm Jun, a traveler."
I held out my hand for a handshake. She glanced at her father.
The old man nodded while smiling. Claire blushed and shyly reached my hand.
There is a concept of handshake in this world.
Our hands caught each other. As expected her hand is so soft and smooth, It looks like her parents take care of her carefully.
*clap**clap*
Suddenly a sound of clapping resounded. I glanced at the one who did it.
Hey old man, what's with that creepy smile.
"Now that the introduction was finished let's chat for a while. Claire, you can sit beside Mr. Jun and serve him some tea."
This old man! you're like a ruffian than a village chief! and the worst part is, this lady is your daughter!
Cursing the ruffian Village Chief, Ms. Claire shyly sits beside me and serve me some tea.
"Here's your tea, Mr. Jun."
She places the teacup in front of me.
"Thank you, Ms. Claire."
The way she calls me feels so distant even though we're sitting beside each other.
"Ms. Claire, the way you talk is too formal. You can relax and talk to me as your friend. And also remove the "Mr" before my name, our age seems about the same."
I said what's in my mind, she got flustered for a bit and smile.
"Okay, I'll do that, Jun. You can also call me Claire."
Her smile is so beautiful. Now I understand why the ruffian village chief was so proud and boastful about her daughter.
"My daughter is so kind, caring, and super beautiful, right!"
He is smirking at me, this old man!
"Yeah, you're right ruf..*ahem* you're right Village Chief, Claire is truly a transcendent beauty."
whuu... that's close. I almost blurted out the word "ruffian village chief" there.
The old man joyfully laughed loudly while her arms are cross.
A doting parent huh. His bragging and caring for her daughter makes him one.
I glanced at Claire to see her reaction. She's fidgeting and her face is bright red. A shy and pure innocent lady huh.
"Right! right my precious daughter is a transcendent beauty. Now you understand why I always protect her every time she goes out and just let her stay home."
"Yeah, I truly understand."
With her beauty, it's not unthinkable if nothing bad wouldn't happen to her.
But that line old man contradicts to what you've done right now. Letting a stranger intrudes on your home and introducing her to him, isn't that's a bad move, old man.
"Oh... I know what are you thinking right now. You're thinking what I said is contradictory to what I've done, right?"
What!? this old man knew what I've thought, Is this guy an esper?!
"Oh! now you thought that I'm reading your mind, right?"
Thi-this old man is scary! so scary! where is the carefree guy that been bragging about her daughter earlier!
Your personality ship 360 degrees in an instant. What happened to you old man!
His face becomes serious, the comical face earlier can't be seen anymore.
"Mr. Jun, I bring you here because I want to talk to you for something."
His aura change, he becomes more serious than before. His voice tone is like a commander of an army.
"Yeah, I come along with that thought too."
I responded calmly and look seriously in his eyes.
This meeting looks serious. For him to personally drag me here, there's a deep reason behind it.
"Thank you for coming along. The truth is, I want you to do a personal request from me."
"A personal request?"
The village chief points his finger in Claire.
"I want you to protect my daughter from the Viscount's son."
So someone's already eyeing claire huh. That's not surprising.
"But doesn't Claire is not going out of this village, right? How the viscount's son saw her?"
This village is inside the Viscount Lansen territory.
But she's always at home and if she's going out, she always wore a robe with hood and also guarded. How her information got leaked? Maybe someone intentionally leaked it for money.
The village chief put her elbows on the table, crossed his fingers, and support his chin.
"Just like what you're thinking. Someone might leak it for money or power."
This guy really has a sharp mind to read my thoughts.
"Do you have someone that could be a potential suspect in this case."
"Yes, I have."
He sits properly and continues.
"The potential suspects are the mercenaries who visits our village a month ago."
"How did they knew the existence of Claire?"
"Well, the story is..."
The village chief tells the story in detail. Everything happens when Claire went inside the forest to pick some herbs with her guard, the old man. When they almost finished picking the wandering mercenaries accidentally saw her. Because the village chief thought that there is no one in that area than them, he let Claire remove the hood concealing her face. The mercenaries got captivated with her beauty and try to assault her, but the old man is a former adventurer with a rank of A. He fought the mercenaries and killed them, but one of them run away and successfully escaped. When the fight is over he checked the mercenaries' belongings and found out that they are the members of the Viscount's mercenary group.
"And that's the whole story."
Hearing the whole story I put my hands below my chin and think. Based on my knowledge, the Viscount would not allow those kinds of things like kidnapping, raping, pillaging and any bad activities.
"But knowing the Viscount, he has a respect for women and he's also a good ruler in his territory. Why try to talk to him and reveal his son's bad activities."
The Village chief stared at me intensely, I could see a bit of anger on his face.
Why he suddenly got mad at me, is that about what I said? But based on my knowledge the Viscount is a good-natured man.
"Are you messing with me?"
He intensely stared at me. A little bit of killing intent is oozing in the Village Chief's body. This killing intent is just a child's play for me, but I responded like I'm flustered to play along.
"O-of course not, We all know that the Viscount is a good man."
Hearing my words The village chief suddenly relaxes his body.
"It seems you don't know what happened in this territory recently."
Hmm? Something happened here.
"W-what is it, w-what happened?"
I still carry on my acting and asked him.
"Sorry about earlier I thought you're messing at me. I apologize please forgive me."
The village chief gets up and bowed at me, Claire also does what her father did.
These people are good, they know when and how to apologize properly.
"I-it's alright lift your heads and sit again so we can continue."
They do what I said.
"You're really are a fine man, Mr. Jun. I'm fortunate that you visit our village."
"Yes, as father said we're fortunate to have you here. If you don't come here our village may get destroyed and some villagers might be killed. Thank you very much for defending the village."
The father and daughter are praising and thanking me. It's feel good to help these good people.
"All the villagers already thanked me so it's already enough for thanking."
I embarrassingly scratch the back of my head.
"I'll tell you what happened a week ago."
The village tells that a week ago the Viscount died. His son said that his father died in an incurable disease. The people got shocked by the news. Some of them visit the viscount's mansion but all of them got drove away by the guards.

Why they drove them away? they only need to show the viscount's body and everything would be all right, it a bit suspicious...
But knowing all of these makes me doubt the knowledge that the Goddess gave to me. Based on what I heard the viscount is a good ruler and just recently died. So it means my knowledge is correct but it can't update like a smartphone app. The information in my mind is not all accurate, it been more than 8 months since this information has passed to me. I need to be careful assuming that most of my knowledge has changed.
And after a few days, they announced that the viscounts one and only son will inherit the territory and managed it.
Hearing that he immediately inherit the territory means something dark or underhanded happened inside the Viscounts family.
"Well, all of us know that he will get the territory someday, but this is too sudden. And also our new Viscount is a lowlife."
I already knew that his son is a piece of shit, so I'm not really surprised to hear that.
"And that bastard make an order in his newly acquired territory."
He's making a disgusting face and his fist is clenching tightly while trying to say it.
"That bastard! make an order to take all the beautiful girls in his territory and make them his concubines!"
"What!"
I was shocked by the news and unintentionally loudly blurted out my thoughts.
"I knew that you'll have this kind of reaction because you're a good guy."
He nodded satisfied seeing my reaction.
"That's why."
He emits a serious aura while staring at me.
"I want you to guard my precious daughter and don't let that bastard Viscount take her away. Can you do it?"
Guarding her huh. But if I guard her my journey will be interrupted. I want to immediately become an adventurer and take monster subjugation to have money and level up more.
!? Hmm.. someone's pulling my shirt. I turned around and saw Claire pulling it.
"Umm... Can you guard me, Jun? Please."
Woah... this girl knows how to act. I thought of you as an innocent lady, maybe I'm wrong about that.
The Village Chief suddenly gets up and grabs my hand.
"Please! You're so strong and also a gentleman. You're the only one who can do this job! Please, take this request!"
"Please!"
The father and daughter both grabbing my hands.
hah... I sigh, Why did I got involved in this problem?
Well, I'm a gentleman because mother taught me to become one. Also, Claire seems in trouble, If something happens to her because I turn down this request. It might leave a bad taste in my mouth.
So I've decided.
"Okay, I'll take your request."

2