Chapter 11 Ambush
42 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hiding in ambush, the Centipede Army lay in wait, known only for their cruelty. The Centipede Clan was just as intelligent as the other four clans. When they saw the Grasshopper Clan and Meris Clan injured and tired from battle, they took decisive action. Nearly three thousand terrifying centipedes, like afterimages, quickly moved towards the Grasshoppers and Meris who were collecting corpses on the battlefield.

Feeling the vibration of the approaching centipede army, the King of the Grasshopper Clan and the King of Meris Clan quickly commanded their clansmen to resist the incoming storm of centipedes. The allied forces divided, with some moving to the left and right, and a group in the middle, as they moved to outflank the centipede clan from three sides.

The centipede tribe also divided their force to the left and right, with the main force in the middle. After thousands of years of development, the five major groups in the Cradle had witnessed an explosion of soul energy and evolution. Their wisdom had greatly improved, and they understood simple military tactics.

The Meris Clan, harder than steel, sprang towards their enemies like bullets. Some hit the centipede bodies, sparks appearing as their bodies were torn in half or lost a limb. The ground was left with half-meter deep pits from the impact.

The battle was fought horribly. Both sides seemed tireless and kept killing. Clang! The Centipede King, five meters in size, swept at the Grasshopper King who was still in the air with a stone using his tail. Then there was a bang. A stone more than three meters large was smashed into more than ten pieces by the Grasshopper King, who then stood swayingly on the ground, as if he might fall at any moment.

The Grasshopper King was seriously injured, but he activated the soul energy in his body, flaring up and almost draining 2/3 of his reserves. But it was worth it, as his injured body quickly stabilized.

"I am the Grasshopper King," the Grasshopper King shouted as he launched a sneak attack from behind the Centipede King. On the ever-changing battlefield, the Centipede King was constantly under attack. But he still saw the Grasshopper King in the air and excitedly wobbled his tail at the incoming attack. Boom! The Grasshopper King was swept away by the Centipede King

The Grasshopper King just stood in a deep hole and never got up again. Seeing this, the Meris King retreated. The mighty Grasshopper King, as powerful as he was, died when facing the cruel Centipede King.

"I'll run away then!"

"No, if I run away alone, what will my clansmen do?" He looked at his people who were bravely killing the enemy on the battlefield.

"There is no hope."

"I'd better run away."

In the end, the Meris King escaped. Tens of minutes later, the Centipede had killed every enemy. After the battle, the ruler of the Cradle was the Centipede Clan.

The other Four Great Clans, including the Three Great Clans group of the far ancient era, could only bow under the power of the centipedes. Rico wondered if he should do something about this, allowing a group to monopolize his world would only hinder evolution.

The Centipede Clan would reproduce wildly without the restrictions of the other Four Clans, and they would devour everything. In the end, the biological chain of the entire Cradle may be completely unbalanced, and the final result is self-evident.

Rico decided to let it be. Maybe he would be wrong, and if not, then it is just part of evolution after all.

A few hours later, Rico learned from the Cradle that after a few hundred years, the entire biological chain was completely broken. A large number of animals and plants died from the Centipede or hunger, and in the end, even the Centipede was no more.

Rico's whole body, like a mad cow, trembled constantly, while his body started to absorb the soul energy. Rico fainted and fell on the ground.

The deserted Cradle was full of dead plants and animals, soul energy was everywhere in the atmosphere. Time continued to pass, and the Cradle is constantly expanding, from three thousand five hundred meters to a radius of 10,000 meters.

The sun has now become a big circle of fiery light and is exuding a trace of extremely firm and fierce heat.

In the next 500 years, the debris on the earth disappeared, except for some remains of a few powerful creatures, which bodies have now become different kinds of minerals. After another millennium, the land was once again covered with weeds and a few trees.

It took 1,500 years for the entire Cradle to be restored to life again. Weeds, trees, all over. The last civilization had flourished for six thousand years. The ants, mosquitoes, earthworms, ladybugs, centipede, grasshoppers, wooden men (Meris), and cockroaches were once again active in the entire Cradle but had lost their might of the past.

"Passed out again?" Checking the record of the Cradle, Rico learned that there were over more than 48,000 intelligent creatures in the whole of the Cradle that died, and few of them had managed to survive.

He had made 480 points of world source. Rico had absorbed 48 points of mana, which had caused him to collapse. Rico lay on the ground, as he dared not move. He could clearly feel that there is a powerful force in every fiber of his being and may demolish his Villa by accident.

Rico made a fist and gently opened and closed his hands. He adjusted his breathing, trying to feel his new energy. A few hours later, he finally stood up.

The floor broke.

"That's not good."

Rico couldn't believe his own strength. He had accidentally broken part of his Villa with just a simple step. He thought to himself, "Wow, I really need to learn how to control this new power."

He looks at his phone and thought. "Well, this is going to be a problem," he thought.

He then decided to test out his new strength in the jungle, he decided to go further in where wild animal lived. He went wild, lifting huge trees with one hand and throwing them around like they were sticks. The animals in the jungle were in awe of Rico's new strength. Some of them even ran away in fear.

Rico was having the time of his life, feeling like a superhero. He even found a group of monkeys and challenged them to a game of monkey-see-monkey-do. The monkeys were no match for Rico, and he quickly became the king of the jungle.

But as the sun started to set, Rico realized he had to head back to his Villa. He had a lot of repairs to do, and he didn't want to break anything else. He walked back to his villa with a huge smile on his face, thinking how fun it would be to go wild in the jungle again.

As he entered the Villa, he saw the mess he had made and couldn't help but let out a chuckle. "Well, this is going to be one expensive repair bill," he thought as he went to grab his toolbox.

1