CHAPPTER 22: NEW START AND AMBUSH
552 5 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lydia's POV.

Lydia: (Why don't these tears stop?  Why are my teammates dead?  Why did I kill one myself?  No! It feels different than sadness)

He touched my face to wipe away my tears and I felt my face make a particular expression----- Smile, that's what he did.

Lydia: "Why?!  There's no reason to smile and cry for joy!"

No, if there was, just one, I survived and that's what left a warm feeling inside me, I'm a bitch!  I thought but I can't shake this happiness I feel.

Lydia: "Even though I technically died, she'll take care of me, right?"

The wolves behind me nodded in response, I have had several occasions in the past to hunt wolves of the undead type, but these are very different, their strength and intelligence will far outweigh them, they will be why they were created by 'it'.

As I could not understand it, one of them bit my hand and guided me to one... it seems that he wants me to bite them, I look carefully at the corpses.

Lydia: "Ahh..."

I held my breath by instinct, as far as I can see they are 'Shadow Warriors' they are the very definition of the undead, they instinctively attack any living being, when they do not they remain in an inactive state.

Lydia: "It seems that I am not considered a living being"

Relaxing me, he breathed quietly, but I realize this is an unnecessary action, now that I think about it vampires are a kind of undead.

I approach their necks and bite them by injecting my venom on instinct, I didn't just drink Terry's blood until he was dry.

When I finished, I ordered them to get up, with a little effort they did, I was quite happy that they obeyed me easily and I gave them a new order 'Bite the others'.

With the limited time I have, I couldn't make everyone my servant on my own, so they'll do it themselves.

Lydia: "Now I have to take care of my clothes, I wish he'd left Jenny's body, but he ate it all."

While I was complaining about not finding any women's clothes, I started to undress my old friend who is lying on the floor.

While I was dressing up the 'Shadows' ended up becoming each other.

Lydia: "He asked me how strong they would be?  They were only S-ranking monsters but now they're ghouls. What kind of creatures have they created?"

While I was scratching my head I just thought;

"Now we just have to wait."

----;p----

What Lydia didn't know was that normal 'Shadow Warriors' are born out of such vicious hatred and resentment that it is comparable to natural mana, so black mana is formed in them by giving them that form, however they were born out of a tenfold concentration of mana and darkness so they are SS-range and vampire venom broke their limits even more by making them SS+ range their strength is like an Ancient Wyvern. 

----:’v----

Himari's POV.

This is a joke right?  Investigating a mountain full of ashes for gentlemen who are definitely dead, I have to go to a place like this for garbage that nobody cares about.

¿?  "Miss Saint, we are about to arrive, the level of the ash is very high. Hold on to the horse so you don't touch it."

Himari: "Thank you Finn I will keep it in mind"

Finn is one of the best holy knights, he has an enormous talent and a beautiful appearance for that reason I always keep him close to me.

To tell you the truth, I can't stand this damn situation!  What do you mean another Demon King was born?!  I thought those horrible days were over.

At first it was fun and interesting, but as the days passed the battles became more and more arduous to the point that I lost an arm or a leg and my beautiful face was disfigured to the extreme, if it wasn't for my sacred magic I would be dead and disfigured.

But now it is different, before I was dead weight but now I have eight years of experience in battle and war.

Himari: "Kya"

When the horse took its first step in the ash it sank immediately, thirty centimeters that was the difference of the ground and the ash, as the horse stumbled I almost flew out of the air.

But Finn grabbed me quickly and avoided the fall.

Himari: "Thank you Finn"

I thank him with a shy, innocent smile rehearsed from high school.

Finn: "There's no need to thank, I just did my duty."

My toy blushed heavily and I turned my face away from it, we continued the course with the horses that were having trouble moving.

He stared at the ground, there is too much ash.

Finn: "The ash must be from animals, plants, monsters and people for that reason there is too much."

Finn who realized my thoughts gave a quick and concise answer.

Finn: "But that would only explain what the black fire did, what will be that magic that hit the city barrier?"

Himari: "Don't worry, that's what we're going to investigate, the attribute was dark so sending us the church is the best option"

Finn: "I see you're right"

We cut off the conversation after those words and concentrated on climbing the other half of the mountain.

---------------

When we reached the top we found no trace of the adventurers or the army, this gives me a very bad feeling, the only thing that gave me this strong displeasure was when I killed Ryuu.

But nothing happened after his death, we only found one thing an incomplete crater, with a little logic you can say that is where the attack was launched.

Mountains of ashes alone are all that are here, no bodies, not a single clue as to what it was.

All: ¡!

Himari: (Impossible! When we were surrounded)

Feeling killer instinct everywhere, everyone started to draw their swords and I drew my staff too, this staff is for archbishops, I didn't bring mine as it would be a big problem because of the strange magic stone on which it keeps the city barrier.

Himari: ¡!! 

I immediately moved my staff. 

*Sparks*

I protected myself from a sword that came from the ashes under me, the hand that held the sword was black with some army soldiers' gloves.

Damn it!  While cursing this attack was a trigger for dozens of 'Shadow Warriors' to attack all the knights at the same time, they hid in the deep ashes so that no one would notice them.

For that reason we were thrown into a pitched battle immediately, with no time to organize ourselves and above all.

Himari: "THIS IS NOT NORMAL!  NOT ONLY THE ARMY BECAME THIS!!  STRATEGIES?!!!  SOMEONE IS CONTROLLING THEM!!!  LOOK FOR IT!!!  “

With my screams the knights stopped defending themselves and started attacking but, these 'shadows' are much stronger than many I have faced.

Speed, resistance, strength and regeneration, everything is at least ten times stronger than a normal one, it would be difficult to defeat one melee, however my specialty is not the melee combat, is the magic.

Himari: "Be my shield"

All: "My life will be yours"

Without hesitation they responded with incredible resolution, they surrounded me in an instant and I began to create my magic.

My magic of light is different from the people of this world, I use the ultraviolet rays of the sun and condense them to create a laser beam, without singing, just proclaimed his name.

Himari: "[Divine Judgment]"

I can freely choose who to attack and who not to, but my brain can't handle making such a big formula, so I can only do it once, but one chance and it's over.

Or so I thought.

¿?:  [Hell]

One of the shadows in front of me in full body armor immediately created a high-level fire spell, which of course did not have the strength to destroy my spe ll, but only delayed it for a second.

That single second was fatal, the 'Shadows' were submerged in shadows, my ray did not take the life of any shadow, only a giant shadow remained on the ground and suddenly

It dispersed at great speed, north, south, east and west, they went out everywhere.

Himari: "Let's go back! Those things are heading for the capital!"

I gave priority to those heading for the city, all the holy knights accompanied me, so there are only a few who can protect the civilians, we remounted the horses and returned at a full gallop.

Himari: (But whose spell was that?)

That was the last thing I thought when we were returning.

17