3. This is for her
25 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 “No.” Eigen shook his head, adding, “It is not for me. You should give it to the other person whose integrity, prestige, and self-esteem you people will trample in front of so many people.”

“Are you sure?” Nester couldn’t help but look at his grandson one more time. “You really have some wild assumptions. You are overestimating your value a little too much. Do you think money grows on trees?”

Eigen smiled. Of course, he knew it wasn’t possible. After all, there was no way the group only owned about 55% of the shares. And Nester held no more than 17-18% of it. Hyde and his eldest son own the majority of it. 

“Should the one who caused the problem be the one who pays for it?” Eigen looked at him, asking seriously, “I can understand that you would favor uncle, but do you think the Minister of Education would understand?”

Nester glared at him. He wanted to say yes but couldn’t, knowing that wouldn’t happen. 

After all, other ministers of parliament and prominent figures would come. The invitation was sent out several months in advance. There was no way to change it when there were just six hours left until the wedding.

The guest will come expecting to see one groom, only to find the groom has changed. Even if they could wipe any news off the internet, it would still be a joke for days to come. 

Unlike Nester, the Minister of Education, who cared a lot about faces, would never be happy. Even without his grandson telling him, he knew it would be hard for him to please him.

Eigen wasn’t worried about how he would do it. Because, in his last life, he had done something similar. Nester promised to give money for the next election campaign while giving about 10% to Grace. 

Eigen was just trying to extort a little extra from his grandfather. After all, there was nothing more important than money in this family.

Nester just sat there staring at Eigen for a long time. Eigen just stood there without any sign of urgency. 

“I can understand others, but why would I give you what you want? Do you think it’s worth it?”

“Then don’t.” Eigen nodded. “I am just stating what I want if you want me to do this.”

“Are you trying to bargain with me?” Nester looked at him in amusement.

“I am not.” He would have been afraid of him if he were in his first life. However, his mind is more than ten times older than Nester's. He was nothing but a child to him.

Eigen continued calmly, “I am an actor. I am selling my images. I think you understand that there is a chance that I wouldn’t get any new roles in the future if the news leaked out.”

“I heard that your result in school was outstanding. You could land a job if you continue to study hard.”

Eigen was a little surprised. The only thing he had never expected was that his grandfather would have news about how he was doing in school. However, it wasn’t enough to put a dent in his expression. 

“If I needed to study hard, it was better not to get married at such a young age.”  Eigen checked his watch, saying, “Grandfather, I don’t think it is the right time to discuss it. You need to find a groom to replace him. So, I won’t waste any more of your time.”

Nester frowned, seeing Eigen walking towards the door. He yelled, “Hey! Brat. Where are you going? Do you think you are in the market, bargaining with a fishmonger?” 

“No,” Eigen said with a straight face. “At least they would give you a fish at the right price. This is extortion.”

“Do you think you could walk away without my permission?”

“Didn’t you say if nothing goes my way, I can always study hard and get a job?” Eigen looked straight at his face, saying, “I think you don’t understand your position. I could be the only one of your grandchildren who is indifferent to the fact that you do not give me anything. I don’t care about what happens to your company or need anything from you guys to live my life.”

‘Then why are you asking for company stocks?’ Nester wanted to ask. And Eigen had already expected that. 

He didn’t give him a chance and said, “The only reason I asked for the stocks is because it is the best way to take care of a quick transaction. If you don’t want to, you can still look for someone else.”

Nester continued to glare at him. Eigen didn’t avert his eyes and continued to stare at him. 

“10% of media co.”

“30%.”

“That’s not going to happen. 15% is the best I can do.”

“20%.” Eigen said, “You have around 50% under your name. Even if you give me 20% and I get 4% from 2C, you will still be the largest shareholder. So, what do you think?”

“How do you know?” The air around him was no longer casual. He glared at Eigen as if he were his enemy, not his grandson.

After all, there was no way Eigen was supposed to know it. Even if the world knew the group was holding 81% of the share, they weren’t supposed to know who was holding it. 

He had done it because he didn’t want the company to fall into other people’s hands. Although it wasn’t the most profitable, it was essential to controlling the group's image. Even his son and daughter didn’t know, yet Eigen almost correctly guessed it.

“Is that really important right now?”

“You aren’t as useless as I thought you would be.” Nester took a deep breath and pulled out his phone. “Come in.”

The man's white hair was neatly combed, and he wore rimless rectangle eyeglasses.  Indeed, Eigen was quite familiar with him. It was Jester, Nester’s personal assistant.

However, Hyde also followed him. The chaos ensued outside, but he quickly closed the door and came towards them. 

“Good, you are here.” Nester looked at him, saying, “Prepare 15% of academy stock right now.”

Hyde was a little shocked. While Nester was whispering something in Jester’s ear, he looked at Eigen. His eyes widened as though he suddenly grasped the full significance of the situation.

Soon, Jester left the room without wasting any words. “Father,” Hyde couldn’t help hiding his dissatisfaction, saying, “Are you going to give it to him? He is just 18.”

“So? He can get married, but he can’t get some share!" Nester frowned.

“But…”

Nester didn’t give him the chance to finish his sentence. “It’s not for him.”

“Then?”

“It’s for his wife.”

“But she is not part of the family.”

“She soon will be.”  

“But you didn’t give something like this to my daughter-in-law…”

Looking at him, Eigen could only sigh. The eldest uncle, whom he feared so much in his past life, now looks like a child fighting for candy.

“It’s because your eldest son wasn’t an idiot who thought of running away on the wedding day.” Nester stood up and walked towards Hyde, saying, “I want the paper on my table within an hour.”

“But, father, it is impossible. I would need to find the attorney and…”

“Shut up.” Nester yelled again, saying, “You have one hour. Either you will bring me the paper, or you will bring back your son. If you don’t…”

Turing towards Eigen, he added, “When the paper comes, you will leave with me to meet your father-in-law.”

He was sure that 15% was already 5% higher than what she got in her last life. There was no need to argue about it more. Eigen nodded. 

“Go back. I will send some people to prepare you for the wedding.”

“Okay.” Eigen didn’t waste any more time and left. But he didn’t leave by the main door. Instead, he went through the kitchen.

1