{OLD}Chapter 6 : Manual Please
49 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

     Entering his new room Owen looked around at the sparse furnishings. There was a bed with a trunk at its foot, as well as a desk and chair up against the far wall. Thankfully the window illuminated the room with moonlight. Sitting down in the chair Owen set the bundle upon the bed and summoned his pistol. Pulling the slide back, Owen began to disassemble it when he paused. Looking down into the chamber, he noticed it was pristine, as if he put no rounds through it. “That’s weird... I wonder.” After completely disassembling his pistol he laid it out on the table and dismissed it. Waiting for the cooldown to reset, he began looking at what Derek gave him. There seemed to be some kind of leather armor. After setting all the pieces out, Owen got a Notification.

Basic Leather Armor - Provides simple defense against slashing damage. 

     “Huh,” Owen mused aloud. “How did I get this to display?” On cue another Notification appeared.

Sub-System Skill’s unlocked

Skill Gained: Basic Analysis

Basic Analysis - When looking at a whole item for 10 seconds the user will see its basic information.

(Note : Basic Analysis will not work on living creatures.)

     “Geez hey system or Arm, whatever, if your listening to me can I get a fucking manual please?” Owen asks exhausted. This day had just been so... fucked. Technically he died and now he's in some alien world trying to start a new life. Why, because some hot goddess asked with those puppy dog eyes. Ok maybe that was a bit of it, but what does he care. He’s here, that was all he promised really, he didn’t promise to be a Hero or anything of the sort. Noticing that his cooldown was up Owen summoned his pistol once again. It formed completely assembled in his hand, pulling the rack back he see’s one in the chamber. “Alright looks like no matter what I do it always appears in this condition.” Pulling the Mag out and willing it into his inventory Owen once again dismisses his pistol. Returning to his thoughts Owen had to admit that he didn't know why he cared so much. This was a whole new world, hell he loved shit like this, figuring out how things worked. Reminiscing he also knows he had done dumber shit for girls who were nowhere near a goddess's level. So what if he was influenced by some Almighty boobs, was he really going to complain. Yes, yes he was. Marines bitch about everything and that will never change.

     Chuckling to himself Owen grasped his situation as a whole. A Marine in a fantasy world, he has soul magic and its video games. Screw it, doesn't mean he cant LEARN magic. This is a second chance and when life gives you lemons, make a Martini. Seeing that his cooldown was over Owen checked his Inventory, and like he suspected a full mag was still in it. Summoning his pistol he saw that his Inventory didn't change. “Alright so my Arms and Inventory are separate things.” Looking at the leather armor on his bed he tried storing it. After a few seconds it disappeared in motes of light and appeared in his Inventory as a Basic Leather Armor Set. Instead of thinking it this time Owen selected the icon in his Inventory. A small drop-down list appeared with Summon, Equip, and Details. Selecting Summon all the gear reappeared in a pile on the bed, “Looks like its just a fills up whatever space I'm looking at.” Willing it back into his Inventory, this time he willed it to summon in the air above the bed. As he suspected the armor appeared in the air over the bed and fell down onto it. This time upon dismissing it he instead thought about Equipping it. Just as with the LBV the armor appeared as motes of light over his clothes, “Well this helps with getting ready quickly, but Derek said that Sage’s were rare so I should try to keep this to myself for now.”

     Storing his gear Owen finally crawls onto the bed. Sleep finally claiming him, Owen thoughts drifted. From the accident that brought him to this world, then to Kebechet, but before he can enjoy the memory of her, gunfire rings and the smell of iron fills the air. Hearing a shriek of pain, his thoughts shift to a group of Gobbo’s attacking a squad of Marines. Their bullets thinning the ever-growing tide of creatures, but unable to stop it. “Dammit.” One of the Marines yells, “Where the fuck is McNeal with the supporting fire.” Realization dawned on him, just because he was in a different world didn't mean the nightmares couldn't follow, they would just take on a different form. Owen watched in suppressed rage as his squad was slowly overrun. He had seen this so many times, in so many different forms, but every time he relived it the wounds in his heart felt fresh.  Owen woke then, covered in a sheen of sweat, to a Notification blipping in the corner of his vison.

Skill Gained: Basic Fear Resistance 

Skill Gained: Basic Mental Strength

Skill level up

Skill level up

Skill growth - Basic Fear Resistance -> Fear Resistance

Skill growth - Basic Mental Strength -> Strong Mind

     Glancing at the Skill’s Owen notes they are what he would expect. He’s now resistant to the fear status and mental attacks. Makes sense considering how messed up his head is. Anything trying to get in would have a hard time, but seeing the skills settle’s the lingering doubts in his heart. He’s been through this before, he has survived until this day by constantly moving forward. He’ll live up to his buddy’s memories, “No better friends, and no worse enemy.” Owen mumbles to himself, “Alright Owen, time to have fun an fuck shit up, or die trying. Since I already died, we know what option I'm going with.” Getting out of bed with the morning sun Owen looks out the window, determined to take on anything this world may throw at him.

Unique Skill Gained: Unyielding

 

Announcement
Example for the poll would be :

Skill Gained: Basic Fear Resistance 

vs.

Skill Gained: Mental Strength

 

Skill growth - Basic Fear Resistance -> Fear Resistance

Skill growth - Mental Strength -> Strong Mind

 

Should I use different colors to donate Rarity in the text or just keep with the basic tag etc.
  • Keep the tag only, eg Basic Normal Rare Unique etc with no Color, just the Teal system color. Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Just color the item/skill with a corresponding Rarity within the system message. Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Both Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't care / Don't read that stuff Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other, idea in comments. Votes: 0 0.0%
Total voters: 3 · This poll was closed on Jun 21, 2021 03:25 AM.
2