c69
1k 1 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The school grounds. I exhaled slowly, readied my sword and stared at the front of the room. My opponent is Claudia. There is no shortage of opponents.

 The only person other than Cornelia that I would be this serious about is Claudia. Claudia is second only to Cornelia in strength.

 Normally, Claudia is a calm and graceful person, but only during mock battles does she move with agility, perhaps because she is so serious. The gap between her usual style and this is surprising.

I'm looking forward to working with you, Dietfried. I will borrow your heart.

"It's my pleasure to serve you too, Your Highness.

"Just call me Claud, okay?"

"But, ......

"You call Eleonore Elle, don't you? I, too, allow the nickname".

Thank you. Then call me Dee."

As usual, you can call me "I". No need to use honorifics.

I understand. Then please let start ......."

"Yes, Dee. I look forward to working with you."

 Claudia's weapon of choice is a spear. She would have to give up the initiative. It would be difficult.

"Then, let's begin!"

 Boniface, my instructor, calls out to me to begin.

"Haste, protection, regeneration."

"Haaaaah!"

 Claudia chose a cleave as she charged at me while strengthening herself. The spear is not only a thrusting attack.

 A sharp cleave like a whirlwind. The height of the spear is exactly around my waist. It was a perfect height, difficult to avoid either by getting down or by flying. I had no choice but to put the brakes on my forward movement and take a light step backward.

 BOOM!

 The heavy wind noise as the spear passed in front of me hit my ears. The tip of the spear, combined with the centrifugal force, is quite strong. If I took the blow badly, I would receive a fatal blow.

 At the moment the tip of the spear passes in front of me, I kick up the ground and step forward with all my might!

 Snap, snap!

 With the sound of my right leg shattering, I plunged into Claudia.

"What?!"

 Claudia's eyes widened. Even with Haste, the speed with which I used [Unlimited] was extraordinary. Without even giving her time to blink, I was right on top of Claudia.

"Let's get it!"

 My target is Claudia's flank. At this height, it's not easy to get down or jump over. I win.

 Boom!

 However, the slash that assured my victory was stopped by the hilt of Claudia's spear. No, this is ----!

 What came back to the arm that swung the wooden sword was a very light shock.

 It's no wonder. The reason is that Claudia didn't take my slash head-on, but flew backwards herself.

 Oh no! The distance between me and Claudia was open!

 Using the force of my slash, Claudia falls far back. I try to run after her, but ......!

 BOOM!

 Claudia lands on one foot on the ground and spins around. What is born is a cleave with a lot of momentum. She was successfully lured out!

"Haaaaaaah!"

 I put all my strength into my right arm that holds the wooden sword. As long as this is the case, if I back down, I will be cut to pieces by the tip of the spear. The only way to avoid it is to take the spear. There is no choice but to catch the spear.

 Clank!

 The wooden sword swung to scoop up the approaching spear from below with more than its limit of force. The right arm was already screaming even before receiving the spear.

 Would the arm be crushed first, or would it repel the spear?

 Snap!

"What?!"

"Eh?"

 However, the end came in a very awkward manner. It broke. Both my wooden sword and Claudia's spear broke.

 Clang, clang, clang!

 The broken tip of the sword and the tip of the spear rolled on the ground with a dry sound.

'In this case, who wins or loses ......?'

 Claudia, holding the broken spear in her hand, asks with a troubled look on her face.

"I don't know. No win, no draw?""

"A draw. Let's just say we have improved more than we lost. Next time I will win".

 Claudia looked at me with a wry smile. The two opponents that Claudia has yet to beat are me and Cornelia. Claudia must have wanted to win somehow.

 I don't know what Claudia's gift is, but it seems to be quite powerful. This raises the possibility that those who are under the curse of the evil god will be given powerful gifts.

 I have not lifted the curse of the evil god since Claudia case , but I might want to consider actively seeking it out myself rather than just spreading rumors and waiting for it.

'Even so, Dee is very strong. The original gift was healing, so the saint is not a combat-type gift too, right? How is Dee so strong?"

'Maybe it's because I trained my way through it? More importantly, what about Claudia? Are you sure it's been a month since you've held a spear?'

"'Yes, I have. You know Dee, right? I was in no condition to exercise. .....".

"Yes, but ....... Did you receive a great gift?"

"That's what I'm here to tell you ....... Can we talk about it later?"

"?. Okay."

 Eleonore was watching the conversation between me and Claudia with a difficult expression on her face, as if she was jealous . I didn't notice her presence.

14