c106
443 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I don't care about that! What's a sister-in-law! What does marriage mean!"

"Nn. I'll explain."

 Cornelia and Lily stare at me with sharp eyes. Cornelia is banging the table with her hand and it's scary. Where is the usual ladylike Cornelia ......?

 I've never seen Cornelia so angry.

 Well, Cornelia and Lily were still sleeping when I was taken away. It was not a good thing for them to wake up and find me gone, and when they thought I was back, I brought a woman with me.

 But I didn't think it was going to happen either. ...... I thought I was going to get paid, and nobody would expect me to suddenly get married. ......

 But it was me who brought this on.

"Listen up, both of you. I married Cassandra here today."

"I don't understand! What? That's what you two were originally?"

"No, not at all. We got married out of the blue."

 Usually, this kind of thing starts with an engagement first. But Cassandra and I are a married couple who have already had a wedding.

'You two are really married!?"

"Yes, we are. I'm your sister-in-law now. I hope you will indulge me."

 She probably had a determined look on her face. Cassandra said with her usual cool expression.

I don't ...... understand. No such thing as ......."

 Cornelia, who had been standing up and banging on the table, sat down in her chair and turned her face down as if her battery had run down.

'What's the matter, ......?'

 Perhaps Cornelia's attitude was unexpected, or perhaps it was a rare sign of agitation from Cassandra.

'Lia, its ....... I know it's hard to believe. It can be difficult to acknowledge right away. However, Lia I would like you to try to be there for Cassandra, even if only for a little while. And maybe someday you can acknowledge our relationship."

 I feel like a father who has decided to remarry without telling his daughter. It was extremely awkward. But the first step is always the most important.

 Once again, I am reminded of this. Becoming a family is a big deal. Even if once you become a family, your family may break up like my parents did in my previous life. How difficult it is to become a family and to keep a family together.

"'My brother said you would marry me, ....... Lying ......!"

 Cornelia is depressed. I can't see her face from here. However, Cornelia's sorrowful voice and the drops of water that dripped down her face told us what she was feeling.

 If there is no one to marry me after I turn 20, I will marry Cornelia. Cornelia remembered the promise she had made when she was a child.

 I thought she didn't remember anymore. Cornelia thought it was something she had forgotten. ...... Even if she did remember, I didn't take it seriously because I thought it was like a small child saying, "In the future, I'll be your father's wife.

 What if Cornelia remembered the promise she made that day and still meant it?

 How many insensitive words would I have said to Cornelia?

 I can't make it up to Cornelia.

 I've done more terrible things to Cornelia than I can ever atone for. ......

"Lia, that's ......."

Liar, Liar, Liar, Liar, Liar, Liar!

 Cornelia stood up abruptly and walked out of the living room with her face covered with her hands and arms.

'Lia ......'

 I made Cornelia cry. The first time I've ever seen Cornelia express such intense emotions, I've never seen her do that before.

I could only look at the door that Cornelia had left in a daze.

 I wondered if I had hurt Cornelia's feelings that much. ......

 I feel so disgusted with myself for being such an idiot. What is it that I'm thinking about Cornelia? I'm not even aware of Cornelia's feelings!

 I'm not a good brother. ......

"That's your fault."

"Lily ......"

"You can't just marry someone out of the blue."

 I don't think so. I swear to you, marriage is something I didn't see coming.

 But I don't want to say anything against marriage itself. I feel too sorry for Cassandra.

"I'll leave Lia in your care."

You're sure you want me to leave her to Lily?"

Not now brother."

'Ugh. ......'

 It's hard not being able to move on your own. But I don't even know what to say to Cornelia.

 If I go to see Cornelia now, it will only make things worse. ......

"I'll go with you."

 Cassandra stood up too, seeing Lily get up from her chair.

"You will?

"Yes . I am already a member of the Baumgarten family. Besides, don't you need me for this kind of backroom talk?"

"......"

 Lily, who usually makes quick decisions, looked unusually confused.

"I understand."

"Are you sure?"

"Even so, I am the daughter of a high ranking nobleman. but this time it's a little different. I am used to this kind of talk."

 Familiar with this kind of thing? It's not easy being a high-ranking aristocrat. ......

"Shall we head out then?"

"Hmm."

"No matter what happens to you, you must stand firm. That will lead to Cornelia-san's peace of mind."

"Oh, ......."

Whatever happens, ......? I want to do something for Cornelia, too. But I can't move. I never knew it could be so painful. ......

 I've never seen Cornelia so angry. Cornelia had always been an honest, good girl. ...... That's why I was surprised. I didn't know Cornelia had such a violent temper.......

"Don't worry. I will never make things worse for you."

"Oh, please. ....".

 I was so desperate that I left Cornelia in the hands of Lily and Cassandra.

7